KS KS - DENNIS LYNN RADER, BTK Serial Killer

I sure hope it's not related to any crime, known or unknown. He did have a wife and daughter, and might have used a "dead" pair of hose for some completely innocuous reason, like tying up a plant in the backyard.

I was a Target cashier in the early 1980s, and one day, a panic-stricken boy, about 10 years old, said, "Mom! We have to call the police! That man over there is going to rob a bank!" Mom asked him, "What makes you think that man is going to rob a bank?" and he replied, "HE'S BUYING PANTYHOSE!" Mom said, "That man is not going to rob a bank; his wife probably sent him to the store."
Eddie Virden said there was originally a building in the location (shed?), it was removed and a new sidewalk poured over it. BTK sent info. to another person describing where trophies were. Said hose were possibly tied around someone. Items were buried 14-16" below ground in a hole lined with composition shingles for protection with bricks at the bottom for a base. No drivers licenses found but personal type items were found. Info. they were working from was from 2008 sent by BTK to non law enforcement. Items have been sent off for testing.

Eddie Virden said there was originally a building in the location (shed?), it was removed and a new sidewalk poured over it. BTK sent info. to another person describing where trophies were. Said hose were possibly tied around someone. Items were buried 14-16" below ground in a hole lined with composition shingles for protection with bricks at the bottom for a base. No drivers licenses found but personal type items were found. Info. they were working from was from 2008 sent by BTK to non law enforcement. Items have been sent off for testing.

Quoting myself to add video

J. Coffindaffer if anyone want to listen to her!

In the meantime, I was chatting on Facebook with my BFF, who lived in Wichita for many years; he didn't know anyone involved with BTK, but he did know people affected by the Wichita Massacre which also happened in the 00s. (That's quite a rabbit hole, one that isn't pleasant to dive down either, so be forewarned.) He still lives in the region, and said that one person said on the news, "BTK 100% did this too." Of course, this is something that the courts need to decide for sure.

In the meantime, I was chatting on Facebook with my BFF, who lived in Wichita for many years; he didn't know anyone involved with BTK, but he did know people affected by the Wichita Massacre which also happened in the 00s. (That's quite a rabbit hole, one that isn't pleasant to dive down either, so be forewarned.) He still lives in the region, and said that one person said on the news, "BTK 100% did this too." Of course, this is something that the courts need to decide for sure.
Yes, terrible rabbit hole. Oh wow… :(

I sure hope it's not related to any crime, known or unknown. He did have a wife and daughter, and might have used a "dead" pair of hose for some completely innocuous reason, like tying up a plant in the backyard.

I was a Target cashier in the early 1980s, and one day, a panic-stricken boy, about 10 years old, said, "Mom! We have to call the police! That man over there is going to rob a bank!" Mom asked him, "What makes you think that man is going to rob a bank?" and he replied, "HE'S BUYING PANTYHOSE!" Mom said, "That man is not going to rob a bank; his wife probably sent him to the store."
He did also wear women's clothing sometimes, so he may have just been hiding evidence of that? Would DNA have any chance of not being degraded enough for a lab to test?

According to the sheriff, in April they found a "pantyhose ligature" which DR was "notorious" for using.
SBM.

In APRIL?? Also, I would push back on DR being "notorious" for using pantyhose, he technically only did it once (twice if you don't differentiate between stockings and pantyhose). I'd be interested in whether it was actually a ligature/garotte or just a pair of pantyhose.

Honestly makes me wonder if he was into autoerotic asphyxiation, which wouldn't be the least bit surprising. MOO.

Weren't two brothers found guilty of that?

Cross-out adjustment made by @arielilane

The weapon used indicate pantyhose on two of Dennis Rader's Victims as noted below:

Investigators say they found pantyhose and other items while digging in serial killer Dennis Rader's BTK's yard. They believe those items could link him to other murders. Full report:

Vicki Lynn WegerleF28September 16, 19862404 W. 13th Street N., WichitaStrangledNylon stocking
Dolores Earline Johnson DavisF62January 19, 19916226 N. Hillside Street, Wichita
(east of Park City)
StrangledPantyhose

Why would they demolish the shed and pour concrete over the ground without first digging to see if there was hidden evidence FIRST!!!

Okla. sheriff’s office ‘100% certain’ of Dennis Rader’s ties to teen’s 1976 disappearance​

Wow! I hadn't seen t hat they were certain.
Thanks for confirming. I just posted a different link in Cynthia Kinney’s thread about the laundromat tip.

After I posted something big clicked in my head. I’m a life long Okie. Anyways, also check out this thread for my daughter’s friend:
This is my little town:

Thanks for confirming. I just posted a different link in Cynthia Kinney’s thread about the laundromat tip.

After I posted something big clicked in my head. I’m a life long Okie. Anyways, also check out this thread for my daughter’s friend:
This is my little town:

yeah the laundromat...how weird..mOO

He's been named as the suspect in 2 cases

Cynthia Kinney

Shawn Beth Garber

Shawn's body was only recently identified by Othram. Her remains were discovered in McDonald Co, MO, in the southwest part of the state.

Shawn had been a foster child, grew up in an abusive home. She was 22 yrs old when her body was found in Dec. 1990

LE seem so certain of his involvement in these two murders, it seems possible his DNA was retrieved from the victims or evidence at the murder scene. They're probably searching the old Rader property to see if they can find corroborating evidence to supplement the DNA link. JMO

ETA: Shawn's body was found still dressed, wearing jeans. It's possible they could have retrieved the killer's DNA from her jeans or shoes. JMO

Last edited:
The fact that they're saying they're 100% confident he is involved in Cynthia Kinney's disappearance and that they seem pretty confident that he is involved in Shawna Garber's murder makes me think they have some evidence besides the pantyhose ligature that they are not able to share right now. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyLynn85
Back