ID - Kenneth and Kenna Guardipee, Devin and Aiken Smith, all fatally shot by neighbor, Kellogg, June 2023

Gag order issued in Kellogg killings​

Jul 3, 2023

Originally published June 30 in the Spokesman-Review.A judge issued a non-dissemination order, commonly known as a gag order, Friday in the Father’s Day quadruple homicide case in Kellogg.

Attorneys involved in the case, including any representing witnesses and victims, are prohibited from making written or oral statements that would influence the outcome of the case, according to the order by Shoshone County Magistrate Judge Keisha Oxendine.

AFAIK, the Preliminary Hearing for this mass murderer is still scheduled for 9 AM this Wednesday.

Part of me had foolishly hoped that since the DP was off the table, he might just do the right thing by taking responsibility for his heinous acts, MOO.

Apparently I was wrong, MOO.

Majorjon Kaylor, the man suspected of killing a family of four who lived next to him in Kellogg, Idaho, waived his preliminary hearing #ICYMI

Tue, August 15th 2023, 4:49 PM EDT

KELLOGG, Idaho (CBS2) — Majorjon Kaylor, suspected of killing four people who lived next to him in Kellogg, Idaho, waived his preliminary hearing this week.

According to court documents, on Monday, the court received a written waiver of the hearing, which was vacated. [...]

A motion hearing is scheduled for Sept. 13.

bbm

Kaylor has entered the courtroom wearing chains and a bulletproof vest. Things should be underway momentarily. I will update this with details as I learn them.

Kaylor has pleaded “not guilty” to all 4 counts of 1st-degree murder and 1 count of burglary.

Court date has been set for January 9th, 2024. We have now moved on to the issue of the gag order placed on the case. The defense is in objection saying the “press is not entitled to special access, they are entitled to access”

Majorjon Kaylor has walked from the jail and into the Shoshone Co. Court House. Court will start in about 10 minutes.

Kaylor has entered the courtroom wearing chains and a bulletproof vest. Things should be underway momentarily. I will update this with details as I learn them.

Kaylor has pleaded “not guilty” to all 4 counts of 1st-degree murder and 1 count of burglary.

Court date has been set for January 9th, 2024. We have now moved on to the issue of the gag order placed on the case. The defense is in objection saying the “press is not entitled to special access, they are entitled to access”

Judge Duggan will issue a written order on vacating the non-dissemination order at a later date. Court is dismissed for the day.

Since the DP was off the table, I was hopeful a plea bargain would have been announced.

I’m disappointed it wasn’t. It’s still early & I’ll continue to hope.

All MOO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch
Back