ID - Kenneth and Kenna Guardipee, Devin and Aiken Smith, all fatally shot by neighbor, Kellogg, June 2023

Mrs. Kaylor may not be legally culpable but I find her statements to LE very self serving and minimizing of her own knowledge and involvement to the point of incredibility. IMO she is downplaying her own involvement both before and after the fact. I think she helped amp her husband up which contributed to the execution of their four new neighbors.

The couple hadn't even waited a full week for action from authorities on their complaint about DS from the June 13th incident. They were so het up they decided to take matters into their own hands. you cannot convince me that woman thought her husband's statement that he would "take care of it" meant he might beat someone up while at the same time she watched him holster up before going out to water the plants. She knew he was going to to confront the family and "take care of it" while packing a loaded gun. That belies her stance hat she had no idea of his plan. yes, he had a plan, because people who snap don't work themselves over the course of five days, and then go get their gun to go water plants and then just accidently encounter the neighbors they want dead. It didn't happen like that.

JMO very strong opinion.

And while we are at it, now that the other parties are all dead, we have only what the Kaylors reported to police on the 13th to go on as far as what DS did or did not do that day.

For instance, the family was new, did the window the Kaylor mother and children were looking through into the young man's room have blinds or curtains on them that were purposefully open or had they no coverings yet because - new apartment? Did they happen to glance up and see the kid doing what many teen boys do. Or was he standing right up against the window waving his willy at them on purpose?

Sorry but this guy didn't snap, he stewed and had someone stoking those fires. Again, JMO

Heading to Shoshone Co. again today, where we’re expecting Kaylor to make his initial court appearance.

The Kellogg shooting suspect has been officially identified as Majorjon Kaylor. He’s booked in the Shoshone Co. Jail on 1st Degree Murder and Burglary. So far, only shows one count of murder on the booking.

At the Shoshone County Courthouse where Kellogg shooting suspect Majorjon Kaylor will make his initial court appearance at 10a. I’ve submitted a camera request form… TBD. The affidavit has not been posted yet.

BREAKING: We have just received the probable cause affidavit in the Majorjon Kaylor case. Multiple tweets to follow. -Police respond to the 500 block of Brown Ave in kellogg for reports of gunshots. -Police find Kaylor sitting outside on Brown Ave.

-Police found a .45 caliber in Majorjon truck with blood on it.
-They say they located an empty magazine which would indicate that the suspect had to deliberately change magazines while shooting. -Majorjon Kaylor faces four 1st degree murder charges & a felony burglary charges.

-Kaylie told police that Majorjon had shared an iconic photo of a guy on the phone who shoots the molester who raped his daughter. This is referring to Gary Plauche, who shot and killed a man who was suspected of kidnapping, raping and molesting his daughter….

-Kaylie reportedly saw Kenna fall to the ground, then Kenneth. -Kaylie allegedly ran upstairs to then hear more gunshots. -Kaylie noted that Majorjon said he did what he had to do and to tell the kids their kids that he protected them…..

-On Jun. 18 an argument reportedly broke out between Kaylie, Majorjon, and Kenna Guardipee. -Majorjon reportedly had a gun holstered. That’s when Kaylie indicated she heard gunshots as she stood next to Majorjon. Kaylie claims she did not remember seeing Majorjon with the gun….

-Kaylie told police the four victims recently moved into the two story apartment and Devin exposed/fondled himself on Jun. 13. -The affidavit said “police had responded and investigated the incident.”….

-Police say the suspects wife, Kaylie Kaylor, posted on Facebook a few days prior, describing an incident with her three children and Devin Smith. The post claims Devin Smith was exposing and fondling himself through a window in front of Kaylie Kaylor and there kids….

>>16-year-old Aiken Smith dead between the kitchen and living room with a gunshot wound to the temple. >>18-year-old Devin Smith dead in the southeastern bedroom with multiple gunshot wounds to the head…..

-Kaylor told police that he had “shot and killed” his neighbors. -Police find the victims >>Kenneth Guardipee dead near the rear entrance with a gunshot wound to his temple. >>Kenna Guardipee dead near the rear entrance with a gunshot wound to her temple….

Last edited:
The prosecutor has agreed to remove the death penalty as a sentence if Majorjon Kaylor is found guilty of murdering a family of four in Kellogg.

Jun 22, 2023 Updated 21 hrs ago

SHOSHONE COUNTY, Wash. - The prosecutor has agreed to remove the death penalty as a sentence in the event of a guilty verdict for the man charged for the murders of a family of four in Kellogg.

On Sunday, June 18, a shooting at a Kellogg residence was reported. First responders arrived to find four people dead—65-year-old Kenneth Guardipee, his daughter, 41-year-old Kenna Guardipee, and Kenna's sons, and her sons 18-year-old Devin Smith and 16-year-old Aiken Smith.

While I am not a fan of the death penalty in general because, first, it isn't applied equitably, and second, there are cases where it can be applied to an innocent. This case, however, is the perfect example of when it should be applied, in my opinion. There is no question he is guilty of murdering an entire family.

Mrs. Kaylor may not be legally culpable but I find her statements to LE very self serving and minimizing of her own knowledge and involvement to the point of incredibility. IMO she is downplaying her own involvement both before and after the fact. I think she helped amp her husband up which contributed to the execution of their four new neighbors.

The couple hadn't even waited a full week for action from authorities on their complaint about DS from the June 13th incident. They were so het up they decided to take matters into their own hands. you cannot convince me that woman thought her husband's statement that he would "take care of it" meant he might beat someone up while at the same time she watched him holster up before going out to water the plants. She knew he was going to to confront the family and "take care of it" while packing a loaded gun. That belies her stance hat she had no idea of his plan. yes, he had a plan, because people who snap don't work themselves over the course of five days, and then go get their gun to go water plants and then just accidently encounter the neighbors they want dead. It didn't happen like that.

JMO very strong opinion.

And while we are at it, now that the other parties are all dead, we have only what the Kaylors reported to police on the 13th to go on as far as what DS did or did not do that day.

For instance, the family was new, did the window the Kaylor mother and children were looking through into the young man's room have blinds or curtains on them that were purposefully open or had they no coverings yet because - new apartment? Did they happen to glance up and see the kid doing what many teen boys do. Or was he standing right up against the window waving his willy at them on purpose?

Sorry but this guy didn't snap, he stewed and had someone stoking those fires. Again, JMO
Agreed.

Do we know if Majorjon Kaylor was working at a remote mining job site between Kaylie Kaylor’s Jun 13 accusation, her FB posts, and his return on Jun 18? So does he come back on Father’s Day and whip out after 6 days of hearing Kaylie go on and on about what she asserted she saw and the “lack” of police response?

I saw Kaylie’s FB doxxing and Jun 17 FB meme of shooting a predator in the head before she went private on Jun 19. Can we talk about these FB posts on WS?

I am so puzzled why the DP has been immediately taken off the table. Majorjon shot the mom and grandpa as they opened their door and then made the 16 yo lie prone in the kitchen and shot him in the head and then confronted the 18 yo and made him get on his knees and then shot him 8 times in the head with the .45. Do I have this correct?

I am puzzled why Kaylie isn’t being charged as an accomplice in premeditated first-degree murder. She accompanied her “back-from-work” husband with his strapped .45 to the new neighbor’s back door! What the heck did she think would result? She needs to be arrested as well with a conspiracy charge, imho!

It does seem the oldest son who was a victim does have some history of inappropriate behavior,not that it's any kind of excuse. I think this guy was a hot head with a gun. There were a thousand other solutions to this. Back in the olden days, I think he would have just kicked the victim's arse.
Was the 18 yo disabled or learning compromised? Sometimes male teens with issues engage in inappropriate behaviors.

While I am not a fan of the death penalty in general because, first, it isn't applied equitably, and second, there are cases where it can be applied to an innocent. This case, however, is the perfect example of when it should be applied, in my opinion. There is no question he is guilty of murdering an entire family.

I’m not into the DP either and cases like this are an example of the fallacy on how it’s applied. The Murdaugh case is another one.

Was the 18 yo disabled or learning compromised? Sometimes male teens with issues engage in inappropriate behaviors.
His exposing himself to minors while performing a sexual act is criminal behavior, not just merely "inappropriate".

Though the victim did not deserve to be executed, the criminal nature of his stated conduct should not be diminished either.

His exposing himself to minors while performing a sexual act is criminal behavior, not just merely "inappropriate".

Though the victim did not deserve to be executed, the criminal nature of his stated conduct should not be diminished either.

I don't see anyone 'diminishing' his behavior.

It's just a shame that instead of letting the criminal charges play out (and maybe even get some help for this young man and some therapy / support for the girls), MK felt entitled and emboldened to annihilate the whole family. IMO he's done more harm to his own family by 'protecting' them (his words), since he's now likely going to prison for a long time. The trauma of that will likely affect his daughters more than the original incident.

Devin was in his bedroom. Mom Kaylie looked into window. LE said charge would be a misdemeanor.

"Devin Smith had recently graduated from Kellogg High School and struggled with a learning disability and social cues, James said. The teenager had worked hard to move past his issues, she said."

"Devin Smith had recently graduated from Kellogg High School and struggled with a learning disability and social cues, James said. The teenager had worked hard to move past his issues, she said."

Kaylor made sure Devin will never have that opportunity.

I wonder why Kaylor has "Savage" tattooed on his face. What exactly led to that life decision?

I don't see anyone 'diminishing' his behavior.

It's just a shame that instead of letting the criminal charges play out (and maybe even get some help for this young man and some therapy / support for the girls), MK felt entitled and emboldened to annihilate the whole family. IMO he's done more harm to his own family by 'protecting' them (his words), since he's now likely going to prison for a long time. The trauma of that will likely affect his daughters more than the original incident.

Agree.

Also, letting the charges play out would have ensured that the accuracy of KM's testimony as to what she saw would be properly tested in court.

Now it can't be.

This case is just awful. There was so much nuance available between the alleged incident, the subsequent activation of legal process, and gunning down a helpless family.

But sure, MK -- you're a hero and a martyr. I have no doubt that someone, somewhere takes up his cause. With deadly effect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarrickuk
Back