PA PA - Monroe Twp, 'Penny Doe', WhtFem 20-40, 246UFPA, near RR trestle, Rt leg broken, Jul'90

From first results of a search. I know some/most might seem unlikely. When someone has gone unidentified for so long, i tend to think maybe the less likely cases should be considered, too -- after all, if they were the most likely possibility, they might already have been identified. They are all Missing Persons with no search results in thread, (except for Beverly Piert, linked upthread).

Teresa Wisner -- last seen at an airport inn in Indiana. The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Brenda Kerber -- White Plains NY, not many details, no picture

Lynn Thompson -- missing from Indiana, foul play suspected, told family to pursue case if became missing

Joan Butler -- Kansas, not much info, vehicle found

Joann Rozelle -- last seen by family in Oklahoma City parking lot

Barbara Wilson -- missing from Colorado, no picture

Frankie Hurst -- known to travel, hitchhike, take buses and trains

Susan Burns -- dropped off at Little Rock airport

Misty Mock -- moved/traveled, missing from Washington, last police contact in Georgia

Teresa Moore -- circumstances seem unlikely, but the tooth in second picture seems similar to me

Moira Torres -- missing from Michigan

“We were out that day playing,” Angie said. “There was this tunnel area and we always played in there.” The tunnel was underneath a railroad trestle which, at the time, was still operating. It’s overgrown now. “We were picking berries or just playing around in the woods like we always -- often did.”

What should have been a typical day playing in the sun would turn out to be anything but.

“We noticed something at the bottom of the little tunnel,” Angie told Dateline. “We thought, at first, it was like a deer carcass or something.”

I have a feeling it’s Beverly Piert. Not only did her son die, her husband strangely died right before Beverly would have started collecting social security. She was reportEd missing after he died but looks like he may have told the family she was already dead while he was alive.

Look at the teeth.

Attachments

• 4F785B99-CEAA-45D4-A003-C1151D821C73.jpeg
    4F785B99-CEAA-45D4-A003-C1151D821C73.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 45
  • E7A8A278-75C4-46A2-AF5E-E142CBB81EA7.jpeg
    E7A8A278-75C4-46A2-AF5E-E142CBB81EA7.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 47
There is still no rule out for Beverly yet. I submitted it 8 months ago. I wonder if they always list the rule outs?

The first thing we learn from the report is that Dr. Dirkmaat determined in 1991 that Penny was somewhere between 22 and 29 years old. This is different than what has been reported previously. Penny Doe’s listing on NamUS, the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System, lists her age range as somewhere between 20 and 40. This is likely due to the reporting on the case back in 1990. Sometimes a police officer will tell a reporter an opinion, and it just sticks. So now, for the first time, we can confirm her age range is much narrower.
Penny’s NamUS listing also shows her height to be 4’ 10” tall. Dr. Dirkmaat’s report shows her estimated height to be about 5’ 3”. Again, early estimates of Penny’s height were given to the press, and that has become gospel over time. But, now we know her actual height.
My next step is to find a lab who can extract Penny’s DNA from a sample from Dr. Dirkmaat’s curated bones, test it using a method that’s compatible with genetic genealogy, and upload the results to GEDMatch. The next time I update you on this case, that’s what I’ll be doing.

The first few results from a new NAMUS search, with the much more narrow ranges (clarified in recent posted articles), minus a few who seemed less likely, in my opinion (and not including any official Exclusions, as far as I could tell):

Laura Leigh McIntire

Stephanie Lynn Grant

Laura Lee Alber

Kerry Aileen O'Brien-Krueger

Lynn Ann Thompson

Frankie Viola Hurst

Moira Eileen Torres

Penny Doe's NamUs profile was updated on 9/28/23
She doesn't have any new rule outs, but I am wondering if they aren't close to identifying her.

Here is the current list of rule outs.
Screenshot below

Attachments

• www.namus.gov_UnidentifiedPersons_Case (1).png
    www.namus.gov_UnidentifiedPersons_Case (1).png
    286.3 KB · Views: 9

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics