IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I did however try and find his truck on it's way to Eagle Grove on the DOT camera shots from 11-20-2023 around the time he should have traveled through those areas, which I didn't have any luck doing.
I would guess LE would have the other pertinent Pics locked down. I am impressed that you found the ones you did!

Zero possibility. The cartel, in Sac County, Iowa? Nope. Family is desperate, grasping at straws. I don’t blame them.
I used to think so as well. But I have been looking into the possibility and it is not totally far fetched:

Thank you for the welcome!
The consequences of chronic meth use sneak up on you, and can/often result in hallucinations and breaks with reality. I don’t believe he turned north to sleep anything off, or that he intended to turn north on this desolate highway in the middle of a cold night for anything other than a meet-up of some sort. And I really question even that, because there aren’t a ton of places to turn around a big rig to get back going the right direction.
We have a ton of deep snow on the ground now. I don’t think anyone will find this man until spring, at the earliest. But I believe he will be found.
This all reminds me of the Janelle Hornickel and Michael Wamsley case. Too much.
Godspeed DS.

DEA arrests 87 cartel-connected suspects in Nebraska, Iowa & surrounding states​

Case shows how Mexican drug cartels turned a Midwest city into their 'honey hole'​

Beth Warren
Louisville Courier Journal

Investigators say Ibarra and Guzman sent cartel associates to set up cells, living in towns near the Iowa-Nebraska border and in Ohio to supply Dayton, Cleveland and Akron.

29 Iowans arrested in connection to Mexican drug cartels​

Noelle Alviz-Gransee
Des Moines Register
May 18, 2023

Twenty-nine Iowans linked to two prominent Mexican drug cartels have been arrested as a result of a yearlong U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration investigation.
Operation Last Mile targeted operatives, associates and distributors affiliated with the Sinaloa and Jalisco cartels responsible for the distribution of fentanyl and methamphetamine on local streets and social media. According to a release,officials across the country confiscated more than 43 million fentanyl pills and more than 91,000 pounds of methamphetamine.
These arrests are part of a yearlong investigation in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota where they linked 26 cases to the Sinaloa and Jalisco cartels. More cases and arrests are expected.

Regarding Sarah’s interview on the “Missing Persons” podcast linked and referenced on page 62—what are your thoughts about what SS revealed regarding David voluntarily disappearing about 15 years ago?
SS then has to know, why DS did that: disappearing voluntarily. For what reason, where did he hide, how did he manage it to stay hidden, how was he getting money for his living expenses and so on. Whether it had been the truth, SS wouldn't have known of course, but certainly DS had explained to her, how it went. Did he get searched for also 15 years ago? Which time of the year had it been: also winter?

If DS disappeared, returned back to society, got known S (a single woman with a daughter, monetary broken sometime), then started a whole life with a woman, a child, a job, a wedding, buying one truck and a second and last not least having his own twins 10 years ago, A LOT has happened to him. One does understand, if he was overwhelmed by everything one day. Though I wouldn't understand, why he didn't deliver the piglets, before he disappeared (if).

That DS already had skills in disappearing himself for a certain time span, is giving a nice template for someone, who wanted him "away" from his life and everyone else's life. He would have been better off keeping the secret to himself, I believe.

I think it was said the final leg of his journey (after he turned off in the wrong direction from Wiechman's) was 20 minutes from A to B but at a usual travelling speed would have taken half that time. So he either drove slowly or made stops, I'm unclear on this too and maybe no-one knows.

IMO this was possibly where it was no longer him driving the truck.

JMO
bbm
Maybe, we have to find a trucker (less experienced than DS perhaps) in DS' close environment .....

For me, that is most definitely something to take into account.

It wasn’t that long ago. He was about 38 or so, not a teenager, or even a young adult.

Sounds as if he dashed off to evade the law instead of facing it.

People definitely can change, though. Hoping marriage and those two lovely boys did help him grow, but… for me I see it as a huge factor to take into consideration and I can certainly see now why Sarah has said there is “bad blood” between him and local PD. I can also see why perhaps she feels she isn’t getting what she feels she needs from certain authorities who may think he’s just gone off and done it again despite hearing he would never do that.

And maybe he did change, mature, but ran into some sort of situation that made him snap, or run in fear, fear for his own life or his family’s. Or ran out of shame, to hide something he couldnt face.

My mind charges daily on this case, but that was a bombshell when I heard the interview before.
bbm
To me it's also a bombshell, when I just read it here on WS!!

SS then has to know, why DS did that: disappearing voluntarily. For what reason, where did he hide, how did he manage it to stay hidden, how was he getting money for his living expenses and so on. Whether it had been the truth, SS wouldn't have known of course, but certainly DS had explained to her, how it went. Did he get searched for also 15 years ago? Which time of the year had it been: also winter?

If DS disappeared, returned back to society, got known S (a single woman with a daughter, monetary broken sometime), then started a whole life with a woman, a child, a job, a wedding, buying one truck and a second and last not least having his own twins 10 years ago, A LOT has happened to him. One does understand, if he was overwhelmed by everything one day. Though I wouldn't understand, why he didn't deliver the piglets, before he disappeared (if).

That DS already had skills in disappearing himself for a certain time span, is giving a nice template for someone, who wanted him "away" from his life and everyone else's life. He would have been better off keeping the secret to himself, I believe.
I don’t think you understand what a true crisis is if you think you’d deliver the load of pigs in the same condition.
I’ve seen a lot of cases where everything is perfectly normal, then something snaps. People who fill up their car or get a car wash before a suicide. People on their way home from work running errands that just walk away.
I don’t begin to understand the mental crisis someone can go through, but just that at some point they no longer are thinking logically.

I don’t think you understand what a true crisis is if you think you’d deliver the load of pigs in the same condition.
I’ve seen a lot of cases where everything is perfectly normal, then something snaps. People who fill up their car or get a car wash before a suicide. People on their way home from work running errands that just walk away.
I don’t begin to understand the mental crisis someone can go through, but just that at some point they no longer are thinking logically.
I don't think of suicide in this case, but only of disappearing by his own, IF that has happened. I imagine in this situation, that DS would have had fear, his disappearing wouldn't work in the long run and he would have to bear the possible costs of abandoning the piglets in his truck, disregarding his responsibility. - Maybe, it's not important for a man with too many concerns.
Next possibility for me: He didn't disappear by himself, but "got disappeared" involuntarily by a person.

I wish we knew if they used drones with HD cameras to capture video footage in their searches or if they just used thermal imaging drones. There’s been much discussion here about that topic as to how well a thermal imaging drone’s camera would or would not detect a body after a certain period of time, or one that may be in a building. Could not hurt for someone to request an SAR group with a skilled HD drone operator after their snow melts to at least re-search a mile or two or three radius.
Catching up this morning - they did use thermal imaging on a plane and drones in the search - part of the reason I really think the dog told the tale - he got into a vehicle at the field drive: Timeline Released in Search for Missing Wall Lake Man; Cell Phone Data Included - Storm Lake Radio

Also - congrats on the photo find - I could not figure out that website!

I used to think so as well. But I have been looking into the possibility and it is not totally far fetched:

DEA arrests 87 cartel-connected suspects in Nebraska, Iowa & surrounding states​

Case shows how Mexican drug cartels turned a Midwest city into their 'honey hole'​

Beth Warren
Louisville Courier Journal

Investigators say Ibarra and Guzman sent cartel associates to set up cells, living in towns near the Iowa-Nebraska border and in Ohio to supply Dayton, Cleveland and Akron.

29 Iowans arrested in connection to Mexican drug cartels​

Noelle Alviz-Gransee
Des Moines Register
May 18, 2023

Twenty-nine Iowans linked to two prominent Mexican drug cartels have been arrested as a result of a yearlong U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration investigation.
Operation Last Mile targeted operatives, associates and distributors affiliated with the Sinaloa and Jalisco cartels responsible for the distribution of fentanyl and methamphetamine on local streets and social media. According to a release,officials across the country confiscated more than 43 million fentanyl pills and more than 91,000 pounds of methamphetamine.
These arrests are part of a yearlong investigation in Iowa, Minnesota, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota where they linked 26 cases to the Sinaloa and Jalisco cartels. More cases and arrests are expected.
This is where the dope comes from, yes. And has been for many years, after it became nearly impossible for people to make it themselves (Sudafed registry and putting dye in anhydrous ammonia). Those arrested were distributors/larger scale sellers with countless layers between Mexico and rural Iowa. Sac County is no Ozark, with cartel members flying in from Mexico for a kidnapping or a murder, and then flying back out.

I thought it was very interesting that SS has said over and over that DS would never leave voluntarily when she knew all along that he had done so before and for quite a decent amount of time. She never once mentioned that to my knowledge until that interview. When asked where he went in hiding she responded (not verbatim but along the lines of) "I think he went to Omaha or Nebraska well actually I don't think, I know he did". She also has always said he had a "run in" with LE a very long time ago regarding an OUI/DUI but definitely glazed over that as if it wasn't a big deal and so long ago which it sounds like was much more than that considering he finally came back to turn himself in. No mention of him leaving/evading LE voluntarily and being missing for a long period.

This is a huge bombshell and I don't understand why that has never been stated by her until so nonchalantly saying that in the interview as if it was nothing that would matter in his current disappearance. Not that it means that is what happened here but I think this happening in the past is rather relevant and could also explain maybe why she feels LE isn't taking this case as seriously as they should MOO.

I thought it was very interesting that SS has said over and over that DS would never leave voluntarily when she knew all along that he had done so before and for quite a decent amount of time.
Perhaps there was something about that experience that happened to him then, which her told her, or made her think, he'd never do it again.

How long did he disappear for previously? SS shouldn’t have glazed over that fact, but also she was perhaps terrified that would cause people to not look for him. That disappearance was caused by a run in with LE. We haven’t heard of any LE issues this time that would cause that. While I think it’s important to consider the past disappearance, imo it’s very different for a single man with no children to run off to avoid legal consequences than it is for a man who seemingly really loves his wife and children to desert them. Not saying it’s impossible, just the two life scenarios are very different. In other words, if something only affects me, I might react very differently than if my entire family was on the line imo

This is where the dope comes from, yes. And has been for many years, after it became nearly impossible for people to make it themselves (Sudafed registry and putting dye in anhydrous ammonia). Those arrested were distributors/larger scale sellers with countless layers between Mexico and rural Iowa. Sac County is no Ozark, with cartel members flying in from Mexico for a kidnapping or a murder, and then flying back out.
I understand that the cartel members themselves are not hanging out in Wall Lake. I'm just saying that they are hiring distributers and low level dealers in Sac City and the surrounding areas. And those low level dealers are under tremendous pressure from the cartel, to meet their sales numbers and keep current on their debts.

It is these underlings, in these small towns, that are often violent towards their customers or potential witnesses in the area. Meth is a very ugly volatile drug that permeates its surroundings.

SFSBM

@katydid23 How many cases involving the cartel's did you find in the area or then entire US that involved a disappearance or murder of someone carried out by one of the Mexican Cartels?
It's not the cartel themselves most likely. But their influence, as they flood the area with cheap meth, but demand payment and influence. They meet with low level drug addicted criminals and give them the cheap meth, and that is what creates the chaos and violence, imo.

Those low level dealers have tremendous fear because they are under the thumb of the real cartel. So these low level local dealers are the ones who are potentially violent. JMO

I understand that the cartel members themselves are not hanging out in Wall Lake. I'm just saying that they are hiring distributers and low level dealers in Sac City and the surrounding areas. And those low level dealers are under tremendous pressure from the cartel, to meet their sales numbers and keep current on their debts.

It is these underlings, in these small towns, that are often violent towards their customers or potential witnesses in the area. Meth is a very ugly volatile drug that permeates its surroundings.
I understand what you're trying to say. I feel I can say with 100% certainty that no one who is selling or distributing dope in that area has any thought about or fear of "the cartel." It's just that far removed from their reality. I tend to think people suggesting "the cartel" is kind of like the "satanic panic" of the 1980s/1990s. Total red herring. If someone here knows different, please pipe up as I'm always willing to learn something.

In the same vein, and I'm not saying this to be crappy to my fellow Iowans, 'cause I'm one of you, but none of the people selling dope in and around Sac County are Mensa members, able to pull off a bloodless abduction and/or murder for dope or dope money. If the cartel, in whatever form you mean, violently abducted or killed DS, where's the blood? In the truck, on his jacket, on the pavement, anywhere? There hasn't been any because, if there was any blood found, someone would've reported it by now and the timbre of this investigation would have changed to something much more "urgent."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member