UK - Nurse Lucy Letby, murder of babies, 7 Guilty of murder verdicts; 7 Guilty of attempted murder; 2 Not Guilty of attempted; 6 hung re attempted #35

on reform via independent MEs

Delays to post-Shipman reforms stopped scrutiny of Letby cases, says leading pathologist​

Legislation for a new system of ‘medical examiners’ was passed in 2009 but a statutory system will not be introduced until next year Delays to post-Shipman reforms stopped scrutiny of Letby cases, says leading pathologist

---------

Robert Francis KC on why they weren't already in place ( Francis = leading med negligence barrister and chaired the Mid Staffs scandal Inquiry which found 1,200 extra deaths attributed to staffing cuts made to achieve surpluses)

Last edited:
Hey guys just read on wiki that the cheshire constab thinks she has other victims. Im aware of the investigation but had never heard they actively think she has other victims, anyone know anything about it?.

I really do hope not but imagine if her previously unblemished work history had others as well. Still really really weird to think she did this. I remember people saying how this happened was "all of a sudden" and out of character for her but its more believable if there are others. the years 2015 to 2016 were all remarked on to be like a big spree killing but perhaps she didnt have the motivation for doc choc to fuel that fire? I do think air embolism can be missed and the sudden death passed off as "one of those ones" by unsuspicious staff so plenty of scope for it maybe? maybe she only attempted harm a little before kind of breaking the ice for her but never had the motivation to go for it before, then doc choc arrives and the babs are the instrument to get her what she wants? there c3ertainly seemed to be a big increase in harm committed after his arrival.

I have read that sometimes with certain people the harm they commit is done in order to get something else which is termed "instrumental". think robbery gone wrong or someone harming someones dog or something like that.

"Letby is the most prolific serial killer of children in modern British history; the Cheshire Constabulary now suspects that she may have claimed more victims, including at Liverpool Women's Hospital, where two infants died during her training. Management at the Countess of Chester Hospital were criticised for ignoring warnings about Letby that could have prevented some of the killings. The British government has commissioned an independent statutory inquiry into the circumstances surrounding the murders."

eta

found this

"Further investigations​

Following the verdict, it was reported that police were investigating whether Letby harmed other babies. There was a continuing investigation of incidents which detectives had identified as "suspicious" at the Countess of Chester Hospital involving around 30 other infants. Neonatologists looked into about 4,000 admissions at the hospital and Liverpool Women's Hospital, where Letby had worked from 2012 to 2015, and were to pass on any cases of "unexpected and unexplained" deteriorations to police. At least one family was told by police that the birth of their child at the latter hospital was part of the enquiry.[26][123] Cheshire Police have said that further charges could "possibly" be brought against Letby as a result of these further investigations.[3]: 55:20 "

not looking good imo.

<modsnip - not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:

"Lucy Letby's fans send Christmas cards

to the killer nurse in prison -

where she is serving life for murdering seven babies and trying to kill six more."

1705454732218.png

"Baby killer Lucy Letby

'has a key to her cell'

as prison insider describes her cushy new life as

'just like a hotel -

except you're surrounded by criminals'."

I'm always highly skeptical or articles like this, tbh. How do the papers actually know this stuff? Prison staff won't be talking. Anyone else who might know is by definition a criminal and, in any event, from the impression that was given when she was convicted, it seemed that it was likely going to be many months, if not years, until she would have any significant interaction with anyone other than her immediate guards. The prison service itself never comments on individual cases.

It's the DM playing word games trying to provoke outrage again.
The keys only work from the outside of the cells, to prevent personal items being stolen when the prisoners themselves are outside their cells. Officers have master keys that can open cells 'locked' by prisoners.

We can thank my naughty UK niece for furnishing this information.

It's the DM playing word games trying to provoke outrage again.
There are a lot of differing views on the Daily Mail. The regular criticism being that they are overly right-wing, which is, I think, overblown to a large extent. Even if they are, though, that part of their journalism I think detracts from the other stuff they do.

Through the whole Lucy Letby trial the Daily Mail have provided the most comprehensive and unbiased coverage of any media outlet I can think of. Their coverage in the form of the daily court reporting and the podcasts, was leagues ahead of any other outlet. They clearly spent a lot of money on this stuff and got it pretty much right.

They are, unfortunately, regressing into the sensationalist area such as the whole "Lucy Letby has keys to her call - shocker" type stuff they're currently trotting out which is a pity. I guess they have to pay the bills, though.

LL is still facing a retrial over one attempted murder allegation. I suspect that the DM have a lot, and I do mean a lot of information, on her and her life before her arrest that they can't publish now for sub-Judice reasons until that trial is concluded. The stories they are currently trotting out, I think, are just to provide the occasional "bump" to keep her in the public consciousness until that trial is concluded.

My suspicion is, and has been for a while now, that there is a lot more to come out about LL when all the legal stuff is concluded.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back