Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
was samantha even in the bush that morning, did police call off the search because they realised or had evidence, she was never there, no cctv of her ever leaving home that morning, and no cctv of her in the local area?
wondering if her devices have also been wiped, no trace of her at all?

The phone ping is eerily similar to the Ristevski case before the phone was deactivated in that case however if I recall they could only get the location to within a 20km radius due to the location of radio towers but LE used the ping and location only to aid the investigation.
A lot of things are eerily similar to the Ristevski case. Have stated this here before and don’t want to discuss the case but here are the main similarities that stood out to me:

- Missing person had gone for a walk/ run
- Co-owner of business with husband
- Expensive House
- Distraught adult daughter and composed husband during press conference

A lot of things are eerily similar to the Ristevski case. Have stated this here before and don’t want to discuss the case but here are the main similarities that stood out to me:

- Missing person had gone for a walk/ run
- Co-owner of business with husband
- Expensive House
- Distraught adult daughter and composed husband during press conference
Sounds like the Baden-Clay case as well.

Well.... I guess those campers who said they had seen her (not the other runner who self-identified) have been stamped out???
I think this was only reported in the daily mail which is not a reliable news outlet.

The lady camper was also in the first Facebook group (that was then shut down) and kept changing her story a few times.

The campers only said they saw her on Saturday morning though not Sunday, the day she went missing.

But would not take the campers’ story as a piece of evidence at all

I think this was only reported in the daily mail which is not a reliable news outlet.

The lady camper was also in the first Facebook group (that was then shut down) and kept changing her story a few times.

The campers only said they saw her on Saturday morning though not Sunday, the day she went missing.

But would not take the campers’ story as a piece of evidence at all
thanks... I hadn't kept up with the lady camper after Daily Mail posted her pin up appearing shot... and missed the Saturday detail as well..........

I would hope police have mapped out any CCTV near the residence by now (neighbouring properties, dash cams, churches, businesses, schools, servos) that show footage of the road and are piecing them together to follow a trail. Sam either left the house on foot or by car. If she hasn't been seen on foot then I'd be tracking down every single car seen driving around since the dinner party the night before.

While I agree with this I will add that as it was forecast to be an absolute scorcher of a day... I believe some people would be out and about as early as possible to avoid the heat IMO.

There is a significant drug problem in Ballarat (as in too many of our country towns ...Link, Link & Link). Meth users may not be in bed at 7am for two days in a row if they are on a bender.

I don't think they would be too good at concealing a person (Sam) if one tried to rob or assault her in the town, but if Sam was attacked in the bush she may be well-hidden.

(Just another scenario I have wondered about.)

imo

If she actually went running,
I simply don't believe that NOBODY saw her.

Sure, it was Sunday and the time was early but
there must have been few runners taking advantage of cooler temperature?
No one? :rolleyes:
And wouldn't she take her dog with her?

I have read the threads for this case and a few things have stood out for me IMO:

1. I concur with others that the police would know much more than they can share. Do we really know if that surveillance outside the other property was SM? There were conflicting statements on this initially. Did SM actually make it to the bush?
2. There appears to be potential relevance of the lady who was attacked in the bush a year or so ago.
3. I assume the other couple (campers) have been interviewed by Police. With the high profile of the case they may have wanted to come forward to indicate they were in the area around the time before it was ‘discovered’. The missing watch was also very strange! I certainly wouldn’t have remained camping with the alleged strange guy around, but perhaps they could be very relevant witnesses to this case.
4. I found the time to report SM missing to the authorities quite quick although I am not really sure we have the exact time. I surveyed some family members and they would do a number of steps before reporting me missing:
- ring my phone
- call my relatives / friends
- retrace my steps / search for me
- allow some time for me to have changed my plans and for having a flat phone battery if I didn’t respond (they know me well lol!)
- by the time they did all of that it would be later in the day - late afternoon.
I think each family would be different on this but perhaps SM has a strict routine and the family knew it was highly unusual for her. Did any family/friends search for her before the report to Police?
5. I analysed SM’s husband’s interview and he mentions her name twice and there was no reference at all to his feelings towards her.
Unusual but could be situational. IMO it would be very hard in this circumstance to stand in front of media and police to deliver an appeal. The daughter’s appeal was very heartfelt and upsetting to watch.
6. No doubt police will be checking the work situation out closely. As a few have stated, this industry has some known issues.
7. I found it very coincidental the family dog was run over. I would like to understand more about this and how she escaped. I truly hope it was a tragic accident but some on this forum have said this breed of dog is known for its tracking abilities - particularly relevant if SM has met with foul play.

In any case I feel so sorry for SM and her family. I hope the Police are close to solving this case but IMO the outcome is looking very concerning!

If she actually went running,
I simply don't believe that NOBODY saw her.

Sure, it was Sunday and the time was early but
there must have been few runners taking advantage of cooler temperature?
No one? :rolleyes:
And wouldn't she take her dog with her?
I thought that too - why didn’t the dog go for a run with her….

I would hope police have mapped out any CCTV near the residence by now (neighbouring properties, dash cams, churches, businesses, schools, servos) that show footage of the road and are piecing them together to follow a trail. Sam either left the house on foot or by car. If she hasn't been seen on foot then I'd be tracking down every single car seen driving around since the dinner party the night before.

You got that right.

7. I found it very coincidental the family dog was run over. I would like to understand more about this and how she escaped. I truly hope it was a tragic accident but some on this forum have said this breed of dog is known for its tracking abilities - particularly relevant if SM has met with foul play.

In any case I feel so sorry for SM and her family. I hope the Police are close to solving this case but IMO the outcome is looking very concerning!
I agree with Nr 7.
How strange that the dog was run over just a few days later :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members