Found Deceased OH - Shannon “Chase” Sizemore, 18, missing from gathering near strip mine, Hanging Rock, 24 Feb 2024

imstilla.grandma

Believer of Miracles
Reaction score
Search and rescue teams are looking for an 18-year-old who has been reported missing, according to the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office.

Deputies said a call was received Saturday night concerning a gathering near a strip mine along Park Road 105 in Hanging Rock, Ohio.

When deputies arrived on scene, the group scattered and a teenager has not been accounted for.

Last edited:
Was there a reason why the group scattered, or was it that they were typical older teens just messing around, etc.?
Did the "scatter" have anything to do with the "unaccounted-for" teen? Hoping he is okay and back with his buds.

Was there a reason why the group scattered, or was it that they were typical older teens just messing around, etc.?
Did the "scatter" have anything to do with the "unaccounted-for" teen? Hoping he is okay and back with his buds.
im sure because it was a teenage party. the "oh sh## the cops are here"

HANGING ROCK, Ohio (WCHS) — Search and rescue teams are looking for an 18-year-old who was reported missing Sunday, according to the Lawrence County Sheriff’s Office.

Shannon "Chase" Sizemore is described as being 5-foot-8 and weighing 160 pounds with short brown hair and brown eyes. A photo released by deputies shows Sizemore in the clothing he was last seen wearing.

1708906597266.png

Who reported this fellow missing? Someone in the group? Who else would know he was missing?
Then the group runs away when cops arrive?
While their friend may be hurt and in trouble?

I hope he is found safe and ok.

I could see it. A bunch of kids, gathering at some old mine. They had maybe alcohol, maybe something else they weren't supposed to have. Something happens, and the cops come and they don't want to be arrested. So they split.
Yes, I understand. But there are times where one needs to choose to do the morally right thing... imo.

<mlodsnip> hope he's found safe soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Who reported this fellow missing? Someone in the group? Who else would know he was missing?
Then the group runs away when cops arrive?
While their friend may be hurt and in trouble?

I hope he is found safe and ok.
I took me a minute to figure out that you might have mixed up some details .
First these "teens" show up at the spot.
Next a concerned citizen calls and tells the police about the party at the spot.
Then the police show up and all these alleged "teens" scatter .
(Speculation sentence ) It appears they all get out without arrest but it is left unsaid so presumably , Chase hid from the cops or ran, either way the group would have to reassemble to get a status update post ,someone calling the cops. )
Now somehow not confirmed -Chase was noticed fairly quickly to be missing.
His friends (speculation ) did not leave him hurt ,they left to hid from the cops just like he most likely did too.
But cases change fast and every time there is a mine involved it seems to have an extra z in it.

Map cords
38.5845365167583, -82.72304680069556

Last edited:
Just reading this thread now - so this is/was a literal mine? Is it some place that is now defunct/closed but reckless youth could still find their way into? TIA. I hope Shannon (Chase) comes home safely.
Being as it is Ohio ,I figured coal mine ,but they have that fake diamond mine history too. Ohio is interesting.
We really just have to look up hanging rock to verify mine types .

Being as it is Ohio ,I figured coal mine ,but they have that fake diamond mine history too. Ohio is interesting.
Was just wondering if when everyone scattered if there was any way he could’ve ducked inside said ‘mine’ to wait for the cops to leave and something accidentally happened to him. Pure speculation of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wulongfei125
Back