Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Madeline must've had two different cakes, and it looks like two different parties. If her 13th birthday was really on the 2-22-24 date, maybe that is when her mother had a party for her? Her mother says she was so happy coming home from the Feb. 25th birthday party. WTH happened that she ended up being killed later that night or in the early morning hrs.? Were they all in the same house that night? This is important. How did SS manage to kill Madeline and get her out of the house and the mother not know? Just trying to get this story down the way it happened.

1709415175483.png

1709415345302.png

One sad point that my mind keeps dwelling on is the 'woods text' on Maddy's phone:

"Investigators determined that Soto had sent text messages or made social media posts indicating she “wanted to go live in the woods” upon her 13th birthday, which was Thursday." (excerpt from this article: Sheriff: Missing girl Madeline Soto said she ‘wanted to live in the woods’)

Thinking about options related to this text:

1) maybe Maddy did write this, SS saw it and was mad that she was 'rebelling' and wanted to get away from him so he prevented that from happening. Perhaps he saw this (turning 13, communicating so directly about wanting to leave) as the beginning of the end and felt he had to act immediately. Could he have coordinated that the party would happen when mom was working?

2) maybe SS wrote this himself and it foreshadowed his plan/or he thought it could give him some wiggle room when he caused her disappearance. Basically planting the idea that she was running away.

3) Maybe SS forced/suggested Maddy post this for same reason as #2.

It could be something entirely different or a coincidence, but it just seems too coincidental that this was on her phone and she truly was murdered so soon (hours) after her 13th birthday party and found near a wooded area.

MOO
What about emancipated minors? I'm not sure what the legislation is in Florida but I know of a girl who became emancipated from her parents when she was 14. The government provided her a type of allowance that allowed her to go to school and live outside of the family home. She was from a faith that some consider almost cultish. This was in Ontario, Canada.

I also wondered whether there was some court order where she might have been able to live with her biological father when she turned 13.

Or just being a kid, they think getting into the teen years provides them with a level of maturity that they'll be allowed to do stuff. Like, you can get your nose pierced when you're 13. Or, no dyeing your hair until you turn 13.

Pondering a theory...

Perhaps she was not deceased until AFTER she walked out and got in his car. Maybe they argued about something and he either strangled her, or hit her hard enough to knock her out.

I am thinking since there was footage of him at the dumpster, perhaps there's other footage of her walking out to the car. I just can't see how he'd get her to the car otherwise without being seen by other residents if he did the deed before and had to carry her out.

Just my thoughts.

I couldn’t help but notice her eyes—lots of squinting, closing and rapid blinking. His did the same, but less so. There’s lots of research out there on body language…and the eyes in particular.

It reminds me of the video of Chris Watts on his porch, and I'm sure we'll be seeing videos freezing his expressions frame-by-frame soon.

Some of his expressions are being covered by his facial hair, but he's clearly shaking his head "No" while saying, "I dropped her off early [...] she looked OK was walking towards the school when I saw her". He then shakes his head "Yes" while saying, "It's hard not to blame myself."

I had to rewind at 13:27 where it sure sounded like he said, "She died happy" instead of "she had a happy weekend".

Apologies if I missed it, but can someone please post a link where JS actually says she looked through the school laptop that SS had tossed in the dumpster Monday morning?

Given the slew of confusing and often somewhat contradictory info we’ve gotten over this past week, I definitely might’ve just missed something. But considering the massive implications behind the claim that JS looked through a laptop that had already been turned off and dumped before Madeline was even known to be missing and after she was already dead no less, I definitely want to make sure it’s accurate an one.
(Snipped for focus)
There is a lot going on in this thread that isn’t being backed up by sources. I think people are recalling something they read, and then paraphrasing it, and then other people are working off of the paraphrasing as if they are absolute facts.
It would be nice if people could try and keep sources for what they’re saying so that everyone can keep better track of what has been reported and what is speculation.

I'm getting a little confused here. Do we know when the last credible sighting of Maddie was?
I don't know. We learned he took Madeline to the birthday party because mother was working. And we learned Madeline was excited and talking about her presents afterward (to who? how?) I don't think it was said that mother saw her after the party. I think, if mother talked to her that night, it was not in person (this is not a fact, just where my head is going) and the last credible sighting was friends/family at the birthday party (whoever is reflected in the balloon).

If anyone has information that mother actually saw her the night of the party, please post it.

Edit to add question: Now I see a second 13th birthday picture. Which one is the one from Sunday?

Last edited:
Pondering a theory...

Perhaps she was not deceased until AFTER she walked out and got in his car. Maybe they argued about something and he either strangled her, or hit her hard enough to knock her out.

I am thinking since there was footage of him at the dumpster, perhaps there's other footage of her walking out to the car. I just can't see how he'd get her to the car otherwise without being seen by other residents if he did the deed before and had to carry her out.

Just my thoughts.
The problem is the timing. He dumped evidence at 7:35, which is well before they would have had to leave for school. Then police imply that SS left the complex, as they say “at 8:19 a.m., video shows Sterns returning to the complex with Madeline visible in the car. We believe she was already dead."

This is so messy right now.

Last edited:
I don't know. We learned he took Madeline to the birthday party because mother was working. And we learned Madeline was excited and talking about her presents afterward (to who? how?) I don't think it was said that mother saw her after the party. I think, if mother talked to her that night, it was not in person (this is not a fact, just where my head is going) and the last credible sighting was friends/family at the birthday party (whoever is reflected in the balloon).

If anyone has information that mother actually saw her the night of the party, please post it.
I haven't heard the bf definitely did take Madeline to the birthday party while Mom was working. A lot of details have been left out. I got the idea that Mom talked to Maddy after the party because she said Maddy was happy and told them about all the gifts she got. I have to assume Mom saw her that night the way she's talking, but... The mother tries to explain things, but leaves important details out, especially about the sleeping arrangements that night... who was all in the house? Also Mom, it seems clear, didn't really drive her to school, and was just relaying what bf told her. This is just my understanding and MOO.

1709417205591.pngWatch the video of the mother here:

Last edited:
I am wondering how Madeline’s mother did not see any of this suspicious activity on the day and how long this paedophile had been abusing her for? I still think there is more to this story that is being buried by mother.

Last edited:

Apologies if I missed it, but can someone please post a link where JS actually says she looked through the school laptop that SS had tossed in the dumpster Monday morning?
I was replying to the below comment, but I've looked back through both interviews and I can't find that she actually said she looked through her/a laptop so apologies.
How do I edit my original post.

(Oh yeah something else that bothers me…why did mom say she didn’t find anything on her daughter’s laptop or phone that would indicate where she would have gone, but when police went thru the devices they notated the “living in the woods” text right away?)

I am wondering how Madeline’s mother did not see any of this suspicious activity on the day and how long this paedophile had been abusing her for? I still think there is more to this story that is being buried.
Dont think buried is quite it. I think its being investigated.

Did the school make or not make an absence call is key in my opinion..

Madeline must've had two different cakes, and it looks like two different parties. If her 13th birthday was really on the 2-22-24 date, maybe that is when her mother had a party for her? <snip>

FYI there are pictures circulating (and video) from Madeline's 12th birthday also and, in some cases, getting conflated with 13th birthday pictures...

The 13th birthday cake is easily identifiable.

Madeline must've had two different cakes, and it looks like two different parties. If her 13th birthday was really on the 2-22-24 date, maybe that is when her mother had a party for her? Her mother says she was so happy coming home from the Feb. 25th birthday party. WTH happened that she ended up being killed later that night or in the early morning hrs.? Were they all in the same house that night? This is important. How did SS manage to kill Madeline and get her out of the house and the mother not know? Just trying to get this story down the way it happened.

View attachment 487544

View attachment 487546
I can only count 12 candles on that first picture, perhaps that was taken at her 12th birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MambeuX