Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But she also said they wouldn’t show her the video, did she not? Jenn I mean. Did she not say they wouldn’t show her (or her sister) the video? Seriously asking.
Correct, according to Jenn LE wouldn't show her the video. Source below.
I don't think she said they wouldn't show her the video. IIRC she says she has not seen the video.

Which raises the question, why not? Wouldn't LE have shown it to her to try to ascertain if it was really Maddie? Even if it was grainy I think there's a good chance a mother would recognize her own child. Height, gait, mannerisms, etc.

Edited to add: of course I know no such video exists. My point was JS seemed perfectly okay with not being shown the supposed video of her missing daughter right after she was dropped off for school.

I'm not a parent but it seems to me I would be screaming to be shown that video to judge for myself whether it was her.

MUM - It was a surveillance camera from the church.. Peace Church right next to Hunter's Creek Middle School.

REPORTER - And do you have that video?

MUM - I don't have that, they didn't show me, they wouldn't show me. It was actually... my sister was the one at location and they were letting her know what they saw on camera.

Something is unsettling to me in the interview at 2:41 where she’s saying “She's open with us about, you know, if she's got a crush with anyone. And she told us she had a crush on someone at school. Um, and I looked at…”

I somehow do not believe crushes were a free discussion topic in this home.
more distraction, look over here... seemed like that to me anyway. They both didnt answer what was asked and instead said what they wanted people to hear.

At the risk of being indelicate, all of your muscles relax pretty much immediately after death, including those associated with your bladder and bowels. So while the decomposition process isn't going to show signs right away, there are often those fluids to deal with right after someone dies.
And she wasn't murdered in the woods and I bet it didn't happen in the car either. There's probably an initial crime scene that just hasn't been mentioned yet.

MUM - It was a surveillance camera from the church.. Peace Church right next to Hunter's Creek Middle School.

MUM - I don't have that, they didn't show me, they wouldn't show me. It was actually... my sister was the one at location and they were letting her know what they saw on camera.
Thank you so much for taking the time to clarify and help me out!!

But you know forensics found and documented those fluids in the car and gasses that might be trapped in upholstery, etc.
It can take them weeks to process a car and I believe they could pull a decent bit of telemetry from even a 2010 Lincoln. Vehicle forensics is really a booming area of law.

So her sister went to “location” and couldn’t see the video they let her know what was on it.

Which location was this supposed to have been at? The police station where they may have reviewed the footage? The church when they went to find out if they had footage?

Would LE allow the aunt (or anyone) to be on location at the last place a missing child was last seen? Which day was this supposed to have happened on?

And she wasn't murdered in the woods and I bet it didn't happen in the car either. There's probably an initial crime scene that just hasn't been mentioned yet.
I really think it was the house. They knew she was dead when he returned at 8:19, which means they have a point of reference earlier than that. If he's dumping stuff in the trash at the 7 o'clock hour, then she has to have been killed at around then at the latest. Mom said she saw her daughter getting ready for school around 8, which obviously doesn't work. I believe that some point prior to the trash dump he killed Madeline, and they have him on camera transporting her body to the car.

Upthread someone linked an article wherein it was noted that Le believe she was killed in the family home. The same article asserts she was propped up already dead in his car.

This is the link:

My sister was the one "at location" seems like an odd choice of words, so formal, maybe its just me? I'm knit picking now lol

Last edited:
My son just turned 18, he’s senior in high school, and I get a text and an email if he is late or absent to a class.

If I get a notification about an absence I don’t know about (for example, once he missed a class because he was at the guidance counselor to talk about his schedule), I immediately text him to see why he wasn’t there. I totally trust him, but I still worry!
I got a call my 15 year old was absent and I immediately called the school, they said he was probably at an assembly, then checked and said he swiped in in the morning. I asked if someone could please lay eyes on him. I got a call back that he was fine. ( I was picturing him injured in a stairway or something) big city HS. He doesn't usually read or answer texts until he's in lunch. Big rule follower...

At the risk of being indelicate, all of your muscles relax pretty much immediately after death, including those associated with your bladder and bowels. So while the decomposition process isn't going to show signs right away, there are often those fluids to deal with right after someone dies.
Yes, that can happen, but not always.

I have seen many deaths over my 40+ years in my own family. Never did any of them lose bowels or bladder fluids upon death. Granted they all passed of natural causes or cancer and not murder, but, IMO, it would likely depend on 1) manner of someone's death and 2) what may be in their system at time of death. Was the bladder full, bowel full, etc.

So her sister went to “location” and couldn’t see the video they let her know what was on it.

Which location was this supposed to have been at? The police station where they may have reviewed the footage? The church when they went to find out if they had footage?

Would LE allow the aunt (or anyone) to be on location at the last place a missing child was last seen? Which day was this supposed to have happened on?
Right? We are to believe police let random people wander through active crime scenes. That’s as normal as parents leisurely driving home and sending check-up emails when their kids disappear, I guess.

Upthread someone linked an article wherein it was noted that Le believe she was killed in the family home. The same article asserts she was propped up already dead in his car.

This is the link:
Propped up? Is that why SS said she was asleep on the ride to school? Covering his bases?

This is the link:
I think they're taking liberties with the "propped up" thing. As far as I can tell, they're the only outlet reporting that, and they didn't do any independent reporting as far as I can tell. They merely cited the reporting of other outlets, in addition to what was said at the press conference. It's a British owned tabloid, so I'd take them with a grain of salt.

Based on what was said at the presser, I did have that same impression, but it doesn't appear to be a fact.

Don’t ask for a link, but I recall it was said someone from the Church told her sister what they saw on video, JMO. Then the sister relayed that back to JS.

The video of JS comforting SS makes me feel physically sick. Your flesh and blood is missing, possibly "taken", and you are worrying about comforting a guy who you have only known a couple years. Who cares if he is upset, your child is out there somewhere, he isn't important in these moments. I say all this as an incredibly biased individual who had both parents put their new partners before me and my siblings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greygooose