Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score
Missing Person

Photo not available
NAME:Madeline Soto
MISSING:2/26/2024
AGE MISSING:13 years
AGE NOW:13 years
SEX:FemaleRACE:White
HAIR:BlondeEYES:Blue
HEIGHT:5'01"WEIGHT:110
COUNTY:Orange
Child
NARRATIVE: A Florida MISSING CHILD Alert has been issued for Madeline Soto, last seen in the area of the 13500th block of Town Loop Boulevard in Orlando, Florida, who was last seen wearing a green jacket, black shorts, and white Crocs. Madeline has a mole on the left side of her nose and the right side of her chin.​

Madeline ‘Maddie’ Soto was last seen on Monday, one day after she and her family celebrated her 13th birthday. Maddie’s mother, Jenn Soto, said surveillance video shows Maddie hanging out in a church parking lot on February 26 after being dropped off for school, but she never made it inside.

Jenn Soto said sheriff’s deputies are using K9s and a piece of Maddie’s clothing to try to track her scent near Town Loop Boulevard.

continued at link.
(Her mother says that she forgot to take her phone that morning, but that isn't unusual.)

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:

Noted that the mother reported her missing at 8:00 p.m. Her mother used the word "we" in dropping her off, but come to find out, it was just the boyfriend.

Arrest Warrant says SS picked her up for school. Where was he coming from? By that statement, I'm still confused whether he was living someplace else?

I'm full of QUESTIONS still about the timeline and details. These are all questions, not facts. I've struggled to find out the details, and need help filling in the blanks.
  • Who took Maddy to her own 13th birthday party on 2/25/24. Her mother had to work and didn't attend. Did family pick her up and take her home? Or was it the mom's boyfriend? (her actual birthday was 2/22/24)
  • Did Maddy sleep in her own house, her own room that night after the party? I believe Mom saw her that night because she said Maddy showed them the presents she got and she was so happy.
  • Then where did bf go because he apparently came to pick up Maddy for school the next morning? Dumped her stuff in the dumpster, but came back driving a dead Madeline according to what LE says? MOO, Mom sounded like she didn't know herself what Maddy was wearing, but had been told.

The cover letter of the arrest warrant says the suspect is at an address on West Colonial Drive in Orlando. But his DL lists his address as Santa Maria Drive in Kissimmee.

Does anyone know the explanation behind this?

Do we know whether SS lived with JS and MS?

This case is so confusing, besides being absolutely heartbreaking.

Madeline supposedly wrote to her friends that she wanted to "go live in the woods when she turned 13". I want to clarify that I disagree with others thinking Maddy may have feared from something SS said to her that when she turned 13, he'd be done with her, and that's why she said that, if she even was the one to say that.

MOO, if it was Maddy that said that, then it stands to reason to me, that she wanted to go live in the woods to get away from him. If she didn't like having to be subjected to what he was doing to her, she'd want to get away. She couldn't tell. I don't think it was a threat he gave her that he was going to leave her alone by killing her.

I'm just trying to understand what it may have been like with mom's bf. Madeline wanted to go live in the woods, MOO again, because she wasn't happy. She wanted to get away and maybe her mother was blind to the situation of what was going on and kept encouraging boyfriend to do all these things to help out, and it put Maddy in his grips even more. Why was he the one that had to come pick Madeline up for school?

JMO here, it just seems like her mother could've been in denial of what was going on. Mom sounded all into the "we" and the "us" of her and bf raising Madeline, taking advantage of his willingness to come pick her up and drop her off for school. This is not blaming the mother. All I'm saying here is perhaps she was fooled by his yucky "sensitivity" thinking those were real tears he could shed. I think Madeline wanted to get away from his advances and go live in the woods. She may have hated her mother's bf, but her mother seemed so happy with him, and Maddy was stuck and trapped with him around. Listen, this is strictly MOO. My heart breaks for Madeline because something was going on right under everybody's noses.

ETA-- I could be wrong. I do agree that what she told friends was when she turned 13 she wanted to go live in the woods. I can see why others question why she specified when she turned 13?

Last edited:
The cover letter of the arrest warrant says the suspect is at an address on West Colonial Drive in Orlando. But his DL lists his address as Santa Maria Drive in Kissimmee.

There’s an Orange County Sheriff’s Office at that location. I assume he was there and gave them his phone there and they found the disturbing stuff and arrested him right then.

There’s an Orange County Sheriff’s Office at that location. I assume he was there and gave them his phone there and they found the disturbing stuff and arrested him right then.
Except SS claimed he accidentally did a factory reset on his phone the day before she was reported missing. If true, they’d have to spend some time trying to analyze the phone data with other methods than just what would be readily visible if someone handed you a normal functioning phone with years of data on it. Unless he was so stupid and saved things to the cloud, and that all came pouring back to the phone’s memory after his “accidental” reset… I have wondered how they obtained the images so quickly.

Except SS claimed he accidentally did a factory reset on his phone the day before she was reported missing. If true, they’d have to spend some time trying to analyze the phone data with other methods than just what would be readily visible if someone handed you a normal functioning phone with years of data on it. Unless he was so stupid and saved things to the cloud, and that all came pouring back to the phone’s memory after his “accidental” reset… I have wondered how they obtained the images so quickly.
Good point. Maybe they asked him to go there and he went there willingly? Even under the pretence of getting his phone back?
I don’t want to say anything else if others didn’t read the arrest affidavit…

Last edited:

Could be he had a different residence, but stayed over a lot of the time.

2500 West Colonial is his new address... jail.

Well duh. I could have figured that out for myself if I'd just googled the address. Thanks guys.

MOO, if it was Maddy that said that, then it stands to reason to me, that she wanted to go live in the woods to get away from him. If she didn't like having to be subjected to what he was doing to her, she'd want to get away. She couldn't tell. I don't think it was a threat he gave her that he was going to leave her alone by killing her.
I keep wondering about this…LE said those messages were on her phone, yet her mother said she went through phone, and “deleted messages” and “there was nothing strange or wrong”.

I keep wondering about this…LE said those messages were on her phone, yet her mother said she went through phone, and “deleted messages” and “there was nothing strange or wrong”.
Couldn't it also just be kid/teen hyperbole? There's a lot in the news that makes me think I should just go live in the woods and abandon society.

Maddy's supposed statement about "wanting to live in the woods" lacks nuance and context. What friend(s) did she tell that to? What were they discussing when she said this? What did they say in return? Hopefully we find out the context.

Also, read that the defense lawyer didn't show to court with Steven because he/she "didn't want the judge to read out the charges." Um, what? Sorry bro but that's his job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant