Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #176

Status
Not open for further replies.
When the judge ordered her document dump last year, included in her 06/28 order was this comment:
(snip)
"Counsel agree that the original, unredacted Affidavit for Probable Cause shall remain sealed as it lists names of juvenile witnesses; that the Transport Orders previously entered (and future Orders) shall remain sealed for security purposes; and that the Defense Ex Parte Motions and related Orders shall remain sealed pursuant to long established case law."

From that I got the understanding that all ex parte motions were sealed.
Now, considering that McLeland obviously got access to the D's ex parte motion, I'm wondering how that happened.

When the judge ordered her document dump last year, included in her 06/28 order was this comment:
(snip)
"Counsel agree that the original, unredacted Affidavit for Probable Cause shall remain sealed as it lists names of juvenile witnesses; that the Transport Orders previously entered (and future Orders) shall remain sealed for security purposes; and that the Defense Ex Parte Motions and related Orders shall remain sealed pursuant to long established case law."

From that I got the understanding that all ex parte motions were sealed.
Now, considering that McLeland obviously got access to the D's ex parte motion, I'm wondering how that happened.

that makes you and Cara and me and surely more
... on the other side of the court's door
... wondering aloud
... along with the crowd
... why is transparency
... granted so sparingly

Last edited:
I don't see any evidence that appoint to more than 1 participant. Only BG did this in my opinion.

His plan was his fantasy. I doubt this was a sudden plan. His fantasy was probably killing somebody and he played how he would that in his mind for years. Redressing one girl girl probably can fit SA/his fantasy. No ideia how many years he had this fantasy. It's difficult for normal people understand killer's minds. They aren't normal. Many serial killers confessed to their family and they all have a similar tone.. they feel bad for getting caught which put their family through hardship, and they don't know what compelled them to do it but they've had dark fantasies their entire lives about it that they've had to fight off. I think it's the same for RA. But he is probably a one-time killer. According to FBI and LE, one-time killers are more common tham they thought.

He probably lurked the trails and was prepared in other days but in that day, the things worked in his favor. Or in that day he acted for some reason regarding how his life was going at that moment. No idea. It is risky but the girls were killed on the broadlight so who commited this crime is someone who was willing to take risks. For normal people, this crime it will never make sense.

I think RL said the crime scene was immaculated some days after the cleaning. Not sure. But I guess we will know this at the trial.
It's tricky since the FBI stated RL's phone pinged in area near the CS at 10:16pm and he sought an alibi from a relative for the time in which the crimes were committed. Also, the D may have a witness who confessed to being present, att. -- from FM
one-time killers are more common tham they thought.
There was once a presumption by LE and FBI that one time killers were not common?

What happened to Libby and Abby will never make sense but I seek some modicum of understanding of the reasons why it happened. While I may dream about living on an island in the tropics, another is plotting the deaths of young girls. Evil tendencies can typically be found hidden in their electronic device's data but that's missing here.

I think people are overly sure of what they’re seeing from quite poor quality image/footage. What sort of looks like a white object could just be glared reflections from a lighter coloured part of clothing. Anybody’s read on these points of contention are just as valid as anyone else’s.

more bluff/bluster than anything. Hoping to scare the perp into cracking and handing themselves in.

Didn’t work.
You might be right. For all the thoughts I’ve had on the white thing, I do see the lighter whitish highlights along the edge of the jacket opening vertically up the torso. The “white thing” might just be a continuation of that highlighting where the jacket bunches up around his neckline.

And lo and behold, as I look at this, I’m finally seeing that (black) baby goat illusion, with the “white thing” as the head and ears outline and the highlights along the torso jacket edge forming an outline of a front leg.
If you look at anything long enough…! Oh dear.

Attachments

• IMG_5704.jpeg
    IMG_5704.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 11
Looks like ... the contempt hearing witness list (and exhibits) from the Defense has grown ... (is there a witness/exhibit deadline today?):

View attachment 488751
Yes.
02/22/2024Order Issued
The Court, having reviewed the State's Notice and Request for Discovery Cutoff Date, filed February 14, 2024, and the Defendant's List of Witnesses and Exhibits for Contempt Hearing, filed February 22, 2024, now orders counsel for the defense attorneys to provide to the State of Indiana all the exhibits intended to be introduced at the hearing on March 18, 2024, on or before March 7, 2024.
Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Noticed: McLeland, Nicholas Charles
Noticed: Baldwin, Andrew Joseph
Noticed: Rozzi, Bradley Anthony
Noticed: Luttrull, James David JR
Order Signed: 02/22/2024

IMO, confessions in an interrogation room by LE are a lot easier to overturn in court (even though those are recorded) than a confession over the phone to a close relative or friend would be. One is REALLY under duress. the other is not under duress and is happening at a time where he is not being pressured.

If RA managed to give any detail of the deaths that was not released publicly at that time that he didn't also get from his defense team in discovery, then he has very little chance to
Unless his team can prove he got the info during the investigation from investigators questions, or photos etc he may have been shown. I agree him knowing details only the killer would know isn’t good for him but can be argued out of in some cases.

List version of the above linked (screen shot) Hennessey filing ... re: defense witnesses and exhibits:

• Anthony Greeno’s YouTube episode titled “CRIME NATION – Delphi Murders – WATCH AND REVIEW;
  • Rick Snay on True Crime Investigates;
  • Baldwin e-mail to McLeland re: Professor Turco report;
  • Beaudette’s communications with Angela Sadowski (2);
  • Beaudette’s you tube episode re: Delphi investigation;
  • Beaudette’s communications re: court staff revelations (7);
  • Beaudette’s communication re: disqualification of defense counsel;
  • Documentation of the relationship between Beaudette, Fortson and Cohen (2);
  • Beaudette sending defense work product to McLeland;
  • Beaudette sending information to McLeland;
  • Beaudette identifying source in Delphi investigation;
  • Beaudette posting re: sending information to McLeland;
  • Beaudette posting re: digging dirt on Baldwin;
  • Beaudette posting re: working with law enforcement and prosecution;
  • Beaudette email of McLeland Filed: 3/7/2024 2:05 PM Carroll Circuit Court Carroll County, Indiana 2 asking Beaudette to delete everything;
  • Barbara McDonald on Court TV with leaked investigation information; McLeland e-mail to defense re: Prof. Turco report;
  • Leaked search warrant affidavit prior to unsealing;
  • Sgt. Holeman communications with Teri Williams and/or “SecretKeeper”; 20. You Tubers “Frankmeister” and “Sleuth” video; You Tube “The Inquisitor True Crime” claiming leaked communications from Rick Allen;
  • Teri Williams posting about inside information of crime scene and of the investigation.
  • October 22, 2022, YouTube videon of Baudette discussing his knowledge of a bullet at crime scene and knowledge that a gun was found at Rick Allen’s house when that information was still under seal and a week before unsealed;
  • E-mail exchange between Judge Gull and Attorney Rozzi re: accidentally misdirected e-mail;
  • Baldwin e-mail to Judge Gull 10-9-23; 25. List of media dissemination by State actors;
  • Julie Melvin documents and 26. You Tube video titled A Reckoning in Carroll County.

Last edited:
Anyone know: Who is "Beaudette"?

from contempt hearing defense exhibit list:
  • Beaudette email of McLeland Filed: 3/7/2024 2:05 PM Carroll Circuit Court Carroll County, Indiana 2 asking Beaudette to delete everything;

Last edited:
One thing I'm pretty sure of - he is not carrying a .40 Sig P226 in his pocket. That handgun is large in physical dimensions and heavy as a brick - over 2 pounds. If he was carrying it that day he most likely had a holster.

Anyone know who is "Beaudette"?

from contempt hearing defense exhibit list:

Exhibits: 1. Communications between Gary Beaudette a/k/a Fig a/k/a Figsolv

So ... Hennessey's bringing a circus to ... the side show?

jmo.

Also ... Can't be sure but ... there seem to be exhibits / timing listed that suggest the D could be planning to present evidence of social-media leaks that originated with the P ???

jmho

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members