Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
And, all of a sudden we're told the Frat Boys found Riley's hotel room key. Just how does that fit in with his last known location?

From the beginning, I thought someone watched Riley being tossed out of the bar and into the street. They followed him so the situ could be taken advantage of. Surely, surveillance shows this happening because Riley walked in the opposite direction from their hotel. Was he mugged and the mugger found, then used his hotel key to enter their room but nothing of value was in there?

I'm still miffed that he was on the streets alone in a drunken state. How sad for his mother who spoke to this young man daily.
You’re right, he could have been targeted, someone wanting his wallet.

I think the big tells are going to be from his Apple Watch and bank info.

I’m so sorry his family is going through this. Sort of mad that one of his buds didn’t leave with him after they got that call. We see this time and time again, sadly.

Riley Strain was in Music City for a fraternity conference with his Delta Chi fraternity brothers over the weekend when he went missing after getting kicked out of Luke’s 32 Bridge. His friend discovered he was not at their hotel on Saturday morning and alerted his family.

……

The Metro Nashville Police Department (MNPD) said they have done both hospital and jail checks but have found nothing. Police records show his friends tried to use Riley’s Snapchat location to find him but were unable to see him in the area of the last reported location.

More video shows him falling. :(

Thanks. That kid is really out of it. The chance of this being foul play is less than 50% for me now.

I wonder why he's running right before he fell? He's running pretty quickly it seems. Also possible he hit his head when he fell. Very hard to watch. MOO

In my opinion there ought to be a regulation that anytime a young person is kicked out of a bar due to intoxication, that that person should be accompanied by a friend, or the police, back to safety before being let go. This happens far too often, with tragic results, especially with water in the vicinity.
I don't understand why his friend was not allowed to go out with him. For Pete's sakes, let the friend back in afterwards if the night is still young.
I really hope Riley is found safe, maybe lost and sleeping it off somewhere hidden.....but, it's been so long.
Maybe the friend had a tab he needed to pay before leaving.

In this link, Riley runs across a parking lot and it looks like he crashes into a charging station or some structure. He's down for several seconds, then gets up. Meanwhile traffic is just going by. I can't imagine Riley wasn't noticed by one driver, of the many, on the adjacent road I wish someone out that night had just said something to him to see if he was ok.
<modsnip: not an approved source>

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice if bars were required to ensure a taxi or uber were ordered for over served patrons if they are asked to leave. I am sure some patrons may take off once at their destination, but maybe some of these young lives would be saved. I REALLY hope that Riley beats the odds.
i agree, i wish there was some sort of law in place. a local bar here has had TWO deaths where very drunk patrons were kicked out during winter, then died of hypothermia. Of course, a degree of personal responsibility is in order, but i think bouncers should be looking out for the safety of their patrons as best as they can (especially in a college/uni town)

I wonder why he's running right before he fell? He's running pretty quickly it seems. Also possible he hit his head when he fell. Very hard to watch. MOO
The fact that he's running, while intoxicated, worries me. Was he panicked by something? He fell hard too. I saw above that police checked hospitals and jails.
This is so heart wrenching.
Seems like a good clean cut guy too....and graduating in May. His poor parents......

So, according to this, his family says he got as far as the Jefferson Street Bridge. That’s quite a few blocks past Public Square park and the other two bridges previously mentioned. It appears to me that he’s traveling in the opposite direction of the hotel and is probably lost. :(

(Same color key I used before; hotel, bar, surveillance at Gay and 1st Ave N , last ping) IMO, this new footage is before he’s seen at Gay and 1st Ave N.

IMG_3282.jpeg

Yes, I think he was WAY OVERSERVED before he was kicked out for being over-served. And, yes, bartender should be held accountable inmho.

Bar owner, Luke Bryan speaks out:
Moo...I who served alcohol for many years in the service industry...disagree with being held responsible. First the drinkers are adults they choose to drink, second until they stand up and start staggering, the server does not see how they are effected. Third server does not know if other drugs are involved. I did get fired from one bar, the patron had fallen asleep with head on table, I refused to wake him to see if he wanted another drink. So my red line is I will not force alcohol consumption on a patron....moo

The fact that he's running, while intoxicated, worries me. Was he panicked by something? He fell hard too. I saw above that police checked hospitals and jails.
This is so heart wrenching.
Seems like a good clean cut guy too....and graduating in May. His poor parents......
This may sound very silly, but when drunk, I tend to burst into jogs a lot. Downtown at night, I see a lot of messy-drunk people running around as their friends tell em to slow down and wait til they catch up. Not sure what phenomenon it is, just a drunk person's joie-de-vivre i guess. I think if he was running from someone or something, it would have caught up with him when he fell (i didnt see anyone approach), and he would have continued the pace once he got up (later video showed him walking).

The bar was extremely late on flagging him. Dear God, no wonder he had no idea which way he was supposed to go. I think when the bar kicked him out they should have kicked all of that group out. At least they would have all been together. IMO

This may sound very silly, but when drunk, I tend to burst into jogs a lot. Downtown at night, I see a lot of messy-drunk people running around as their friends tell em to slow down and wait til they catch up. Not sure what phenomenon it is, just a drunk person's joie-de-vivre i guess. I think if he was running from someone or something, it would have caught up with him when he fell (i didnt see anyone approach), and he would have continued the pace once he got up (later video showed him walking).
Or he was slipped a Rufie in his drink and thought someone was after him.
IDK... just seems weird to run out of bar like that to me. JMO

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped>

There is some distance between the last ping, and the Jefferson St. Bridge on that aerial. Does that mean he lost his phone, or maybe it ran out of battery? Would a phone still ping?
I hope to God it's not in the water.
I wish he had a locater on his phone. I can always check where my daughter is with the shared location. Makes me feel better.

Last edited by a moderator:
The bar was extremely late on flagging him. Dear God, no wonder he had no idea which way he was supposed to go. I think when the bar kicked him out they should have kicked all of that group out. At least they would have all been together. IMO
I don't go to bars anymore, but 930 used to be "just getting started".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfire1018