Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm late following this case, and it's likely been asked but... how/why did his hotel key card end up back in his hotel room?!

Did he actually disappear from the bar or the hotel??

There should be electronic records of when the hotel door was opened... no?

Who knows if there was anything else in his system, but I think it's in some ways easier to believe that, than to believe he got too drunk on his own. Alcohol alone could easily explain what we saw in that video.

Agree, alcohol could do that and worse by itself.

Aside from an accidental drowning, it seems like there is more to this. If he took a drunken fall there in the downtown area someone would surely run across him. But if so, did they help or hurt?

I wonder too if he shown a lot of cash when paying that tab.

I'm late following this case, and it's likely been asked but... how/why did his hotel key card end up back in his hotel room?!

Did he actually disappear from the bar or the hotel??

There should be electronic records of when the hotel door was opened... no?
I’ve missed the hotel card. But if there, it could likely be explained as he never took his keys. I see no way he made it to his hotel like that unless a Good Samaritan drove him there.

Aside from an accidental drowning, it seems like there is more to this. If he took a drunken fall there in the downtown area someone would surely run across him. But if so, did they help or hurt?

If you're going to rob a drunk person, you just take his stuff and go. There's no reason to move him or do anything crazy at all, as there's really no easier mark.

It is sad that apparently no one stopped to help, but then again, a lot of people just don't want to deal with a drunk stranger.

For perspective, I found two Google Earth Photo Spheres taken from above the river at different angles of downtown. I added arrows depicting general locations of the key areas. The two bridges are just outside of the image on the right.

Red: Hotel
Blue: Bar
Yellow: Surveillance video at Gay and 1st Ave N (pointing in the direction he was traveling).
Purple: Public Square Park (area near last ping)

Google Earth
Google Earth

View attachment 490084

Bumping this image of a map of the area in Music City where Riley was seen

There's a lot of fun in Nashville doing a pub crawl on Broadway. Everything in moderation.

Yes, I think he was WAY OVERSERVED before he was kicked out for being over-served. And, yes, bartender should be held accountable inmho.

Bar owner, Luke Bryan speaks out:

From your March 12, 2024 link that happened earlier today:

Metro PD confirmed that a helicopter aided in the search for Riley Strain on Tuesday. The MNPD helicopter searched in the area he was last seen and along the riverbank, however, nothing was found. According to a statement from police, detectives also searched on the ground, “but to no avail.”

Surely there is footage of where Riley is seen going to a gas station, bus station or somewhere there were witnesses. He had to stop and talk to someone. He couldn't have just kept walking. They have to know the path of his steps by now, right?

Updated: Mar 12, 2024 / 11:16 PM CDT
New surveillance video from Downtown Smoke & Vape Shop on Church Street showed Strain near the intersection of 2nd Avenue and Church Street after leaving Luke Bryan’s bar. Strain appeared to stumble to the ground, then got up and kept walking.

“We feel like when he came out, because they had been to a couple of other places, that he had got turned around on the direction,” said Chris Whiteid, Strain’s stepfather.

I think this one case where he could have a head injury, and found a place to sit or crawl into and will be found there. I think he hit his head when he fell and we see the aftermath in the other video where he is hunched over and holding his head.

So hard to watch those videos. My heart breaks for his friends and family.

MAR 12, 2024
[...]

Surveillance cameras caught it all, they show Strain walking up 3rd Avenue North, turning onto Church Street and then Gay Street. People working at a downtown smoke shop said they watched him walk by.

“I feel so bad,” Michael Halim employee of Downtown Smoke Shop said.

[...]

“I see this situation like 3 or 4 times a day, too many people fall on the floor because of drinking,” Halim said.

So, when he looked through these windows and saw Strain, he said he didn’t think to call for help.

[...]

“I saw him from the window,” coworker Ramaz Saed said.

“He was walking that way down the street on church street,” Halim said.

A Metro Nashville police camera caught Strain stumbling through a crosswalk at the end of Church Street. The video shows Riley turning onto Gay Street, before disappearing out of frame. Minutes later, a Life360 tracker pinged his last known location here, at the corner of James Robertson Parkway and First Avenue North.

[...]

See post #23 in this thread... it contains the news report regarding the hotel key. But, again... it's possible he didn't even take his key with him.

When his friends returned to Tempo Hotel, about a half-mile away, they saw Strain’s room key but no sign of him. When they tried to call him, his phone was dead.

I think this one case where he could have a head injury, and found a place to sit or crawl into and will be found there. I think he hit his head when he fell and we see the aftermath in the other video where he is hunched over and holding his head.

So hard to watch those videos. My heart breaks for his friends and family.
How do you explain his phone last pinging fairly close to the river though?

“I think it’s scary, especially in the Mizzou community, that things like that can happen. You know, always be safe with where you are,” graduate student Ana Rembecki said.

“It is kind of scary because a lot of people did know him. I have somebody I know who was in his chapter. It’s just a really sad situation,” freshman Maddie Ey said.

He didn’t get up quickly after that fall. And walked oddly as he left camera range. I couldn’t tell if he hit his head, anyone else have an opinion?

Could his phone have pinged but he did not have it ?
Also check dumpsters, crawl space, construction areas, between tight buildings, under benches for warmth, or if he was tossed into a dumpster or climbed into one ? Apple watch info too. Good check credit cards etc too . If phone turned off, iPhone, or find my phone , ? Work ...etc to locate it, or a sat phone ? If drugged certainly appears, hopeful still ok, but sleeping off the drugged status for his weight, could be a few days 72 hours, or longer to shake off that drugged status, hypothermia a concern too.

What about checking the bicentennial mall, close to gay st, james Robertson parkway...if phone lost ,stolen, apple watch maybe synced, not work ? Also 20 or 30 years ago some man was found in that parking garage behind the jail, was lots of construction back there too...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911