Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gross, never considered that. You would think if he had any feelings of anything towards the poor kid, you know just in terms of her as a person, anything at ALL he would cooperate. There was some kind of "family" relationship there in addition to all of the nasty SA. What a monster. Just disgusting on SO many levels!

The mother too, and maybe she is cooperating if she knows more. I hope she is. If JS knows anything at all, I hope she shares and helps him fry.

Just disgusting.

But the murder charges trial would be separate no?
I'm wondering the same thing. They closed the other case ID and consolidated it with the open one. However, it would not surprise me if they opened a new case with him, any co-conspirators, and played them against each other. If they had one person in co-hoots with him, that could testify against him, that would be ideal. JMO

question bc I’m not a lawyer…why would someone waive an arraignment? I understand the appearance part but I thought arraignments are compulsory? What does it mean exactly?

Also why a jury trial? Does he not get a choice? Or is that bc he pleaded not guilty?

I mean I think either way he’s cooked, but I’m just curious.
At arraignment, the defendant will be formally advised of the charges filed by the State. The defendant is also informed of the right to an attorney. If the accused indicates an inability to afford an attorney but wishes to be represented, the judge may appoint an attorney from the Public Defender's Office to the case.
Snipped
A non-jury trial can only be conducted with the agreement of the prosecutor, the defendant, and the judge
—-
I suspect no agreement
Jmo

To clairfy, I do think JS is involved.

I am just floored at how evil SS is. He has to know he is not having any life at all now. WTH is the point? Horrible. If either of them knows anything about the other, they should spill it. So horrible.

What an absolute waste of air to plead not guilty when there is so much proof he was engaged in graphic, horrible acts of SA.

Unreal!
IIRC if a defendant doesn’t speak in court as to what they will plea, a judge will automatically enter a plea of NG. Still, he should save everyone the trouble and just plead guilty. He’s done.

I'm not an attorney either. But he knows the charges and he's plead not guilty so really, there's no need for an arraignment.

He's entitled to the trial as he's plead not guilty. If he plead guilty, then I think the judge sentences him? I'm not sure. I think they'll do a jury trial because they want to make an example out of him. JMO
Did I miss where he entered a plea of not guilty? Seriously? What would his defense be to 60 charges of CSAM and battery of a child with the hundreds of images/video they have? What will be the defense attorney’s angle, insanity? Or pointing fingers at JS? Good luck either way

Did I miss where he entered a plea of not guilty? Seriously? What would his defense be to 60 charges of CSAM and battery of a child with the hundreds of images/video they have? What will be the defense attorney’s angle, insanity? Or pointing fingers at JS? Good luck either way
I wonder if he is refusing to speak to anyone . I would not be surprised if he is acting out and trying to claim he is having a mental health crisis.

IIRC if a defendant doesn’t speak in court as to what they will plea, a judge will automatically enter a plea of NG. Still, he should save everyone the trouble and just plead guilty. He’s done.
He might be waiting for a plea deal and they’re not offering it. In other words, if he pleads guilty, they take the death penalty off the table. imo

Isn't that a very quick turnaround for a trial to be held? Basically, 2 months?
Seems like, doesn't it? But isn't all this information on his private personal phone and perhaps his own personal computer? He personally handed the phone to LE and admitted to having performed a "Factory Reset". How can he possibly defend against that?

He might be waiting for a plea deal and they’re not offering it. In other words, if he pleads guilty, they take the death penalty off the table. imo
Agree—handing your phone to police and then they find photos of you committing sexual battery against a child is undeniably damning evidence for the charges against him, but at this point there is no benefit for him to plead guilty. That could change before the conclusion of a trial, but I don’t see why he would plead guilty without a plea deal, and I don’t see why prosecutors would offer him a deal here.
Unless they feel unconfident about potential murder charges and just want to be absolutely sure of a conviction for something.

It's on the docket list but the document is not available for view yet.

1710435534708.png

He doesn't deserve anything less than death. I don't know why the state would even consider a plea deal. He can sit on death row until the murder trial plays out.

Seems like, doesn't it? But isn't all this information on his private personal phone and perhaps his own personal computer? He personally handed the phone to LE and admitted to having performed a "Factory Reset". How can he possibly defend against that?
He cant ,but I bet his ego was off the chain when he handed the phone over ,thinking his stupid plan ,was brilliant .

"Accidental" factory reset. You forgot that part lol

I wouldn't read anything into this. More likely that is where MS typically would hang her backpack or a sweatshirt after school, but when tidying up the pet things for the real estate photos, someone put the extra dog leashes there on those hooks.

i.e. MS may have been at school, etc when the photos for the listing were taken.
there are also pet bowls in a pic.

Not to mention the very personal distinguishing features that identify him. Might just as well have added a sign saying "This is me" pointing to a photo of himself on the camera roll!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim