Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
@WSMV

#NEW: The Tennessee Alcoholic Beverage Commission declined to comment when asked by WSMV4 whether it was investigating other Broadway bars for overserving Riley Strain.

4:37 PM · Mar 15, 2024
The only problem is, what if he got progressively intoxicated from bar hopping at several bars, and no one specific bar overserved him?

@AwarenessTCS

Click, share and keep the candle going. May this digital candle vigil bring comfort and nurture a sense of solidarity during these difficult times. Our thoughts and prayers are with the loved ones of #RileyStrain.

May they discover resilience and encouragement as the search continues. Participate by lighting a candle, conveying a prayer, wish, or expression of support underneath. Assist in raising awareness by sharing this post. Keep Riley at the forefront of everyone’s heart and minds!

The willing and able can make a difference.

http://AVFTV.com #FindRileyStrain #MissingPerson #TennesseeMissing #HelpFindRiley #BringRileyHome #MissingInTennessee #RileyStrainMissing #CommunitySearch #SpreadTheWord #HopeForRiley

7:27 PM · Mar 15, 2024

do we know why he was kicked out of the bar?
That would seem to be worth running down.

As other members have stated, the reason may simply of been because he was too drunk. This is, of course, entirely possible.

Yet at the end of the day, and even factoring in the possibility that Nashville's bars stand to lose in a "Spring Break!- Anything goes!" type environment and thus have a lower standard for "too drunk".....

Its still a large bar and one would think that a customer would need to be pretty dang over the top drunk to stand out as such. Likewise, many bars would probably give a warning along the lines of "You are cut off and need to get under control" before booting somebody out.

Then again, maybe they did give a warning as he did have two waters? Even still, was there another reason?

Maybe gave a female customer or waitress some unwanted attention after she told him that she was not interested? He does not seem to be that type- but as many members know, some people just dont mix well with alcohol.

If there was another reason, could that support a motive?

Last edited:
Similar situation just last year where a 21 year old woman was partying on a riverboat and went missing. Eventually found in the river. It is assumed she fell off the boat and drowned.

Tamia Taylor Case

I sincerely hope that Riley Strain is found and is able to be safely reunited with his family, friends and loved ones.

One thought I had, and my apologies if this is a repetitive idea that has already been suggested or tried, is that in addition to following the river’s projected currents to guide rescuers’ search efforts, investigators may also want to identify all the boats that traveled through the same area of Cumberland River that Riley Strain was last seen by and track and search the direction they traveled in the likelihood he fell in and was dragged by the river or the force of boats traveling by or under the bridge in all the time since he last witnessed there. This idea was in part influenced I read one article about the drag force exerted by moving objects in fluids.

I was also thinking perhaps checking any abandoned or unlocked cars or vehicles nearby and any pipes that drain sewage systems that were large enough for him to huddle into in case he sought shelter in one them out of desperation to escape the cold, or to help to seek shelter as he battled exhaustion or confusion in his inebriated state.

So in that case, I can see why they thought he’d be alright at that point in time : He was together enough to text clearly and the hotel was not far away.
Yes, likely.
Apparently a BAC level can increase over time after the last drink. I think that happened here. He became out of it shortly after when he made the wrong turn, and his disorientation worsened further.
see post #642, pg 33 by acutename who posted an article about this.

Yes, likely.
Apparently a BAC level can increase over time after the last drink. I think that happened here. He became out of it shortly after when he made the wrong turn, and his disorientation worsened further.
see post #642, pg 33 by acutename who posted an article about this.
Yes, it definitely looks like that’s what happened.
And of course his friends didn’t anticipate that; probably knew nothing about BAC increase. I certainly didn’t.

I've been trying to follow this one the best I can. These kinds of stories always make me feel just awful. I truly hope they find Riley soon although the chances of him still being alive grow less and less likely as time is surely not on his side. Please always look after your friends.. :(

I've been trying to follow this one the best I can. These kinds of stories always make me feel just awful. I truly hope they find Riley soon although the chances of him still being alive grow less and less likely as time is surely not on his side. Please always look after your friends.. :(

It’s too bad time cannot be rewound, because another way he might have been able to get safely back to the hotel, is for someone to stay on the phone with him for the 10 minutes it would have taken to walk the 5 blocks back.

They would have been with him in real time, moment to moment, and it would not have taken long.

I don't really understand why some people smile while relating something that involves a tragedy. I've noticed this before...eg. a neighbor talking about what they saw on the street where someone was shot, or died in a fire, a witness talking about a fatal car accident they saw, etc. I find it so inappropriate. Is it a nervous reaction or what? Bugs me so much.
Yeah, I see that and it’s definitely irksome. I’ve seen it alot in various interviews about tragedies, and it’s likely a nervous and embarrassed reaction. But it comes across badly.

it's a nervous tic
I've unfortunately done it frequently and I think immediately omg don't smile but it's involuntary

Right, that’s what I assumed: That as you describe, it’s an involuntary nervous reaction. It’s unfortunate, because people assume you’re not taking things seriously. :(

I think most people know what it is. But these witnesses were briefly interviewed on camera and maybe any footage that showed their serious intent was edited out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123AEW