Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing from a bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s another thing that makes me wonder concerning Riley drinking 2 glasses of water…I remember talking years ago to people partying and ingesting {ecstasy} It causes thirst and people partying will consume lots of water…And the way Riley was walking could mimic a person acting the same way…His friends would have to be truthful if they have knowledge of any of them consuming club drugs !

There’s another thing that makes me wonder concerning Riley drinking 2 glasses of water…I remember talking years ago to people partying and ingesting {ecstasy} It causes thirst and people partying will consume lots of water…And the way Riley was walking could mimic a person acting the same way…His friends would have to be truthful if they have knowledge of any of them consuming club drugs !
In my own personal experience, he appears to be completely out of his mind drunk, or has been roofied.

Agreed, @jenbo1970 ; I wondered if someone slipped Riley something ?
But in that case wouldn't they follow him out of the bar and maybe rob him fairly soon ?
Depending on the motive ... if this is what occurred.
Omo.

Evidently, the investigation revealed that he was served one alcoholic drink and two waters at the bar in question. Thus, no evidence of being over served.
LE is investigating whether Riley was visibly intoxicated when he was served that one drink.

JMO

In my own personal experience, he appears to be completely out of his mind drunk, or has been roofied.
I totally agree from seeing him in the videos walking down the street…Xanax ecstasy having something slipped into his drink or water…Even prior to arriving at this Bar…The place he was at previously is just as important in investigating and explaining his condition !

Moo.. when you are visibly under the influence, have trouble balancing or communicating, you will be cut off. You may be given water to drink and a small bit of time to gather your thoughts. But ya gotta go. That is how bars have always operated. You are responsible for your own well-being ...

I wonder if they meant height, weight, sex of individual in the statement of not fitting the description. It's possible colors could have run or been dirtied being in the river for a week. In any event, sad that if it's not Riley, that another family is facing a loss. This case has got me so obsessed that I wake up at all hours during the night to check the news. I think not knowing is so agonizing for the family. On the other had, it also gives some hope, though dim.
Unfortunately I think at this point— although there’s always a tiny ray of hope— its not good for his parents to hold onto that if it’s false, which is more than likely.

If hope is lost, they need to begin to grieve, yet they can’t do that until he’s found. I hope it’s soon.

LE is investigating whether Riley was visibly intoxicated when he was served that one drink.
Thinking that given there was only one drink served, the investigation is going to lean towards "inconclusive" or "no".

If there is a bad guy in this story, it is not the bar employees. In the end, protecting people from themselves is very hard.

I know this seems to defy science but when I’ve had too much to drink (which isn’t very often), that drunk feeling intensifies. The room spins faster and things blur. This has happened numerous times (mostly when younger). I’ve learned to not drink water while drinking (before yes). Actually, I’ve learned to not drink so much in the first place (older, wiser). I’m only saying this because R was drinking water. Although, I doubt this is what happened. It just made me think of my own experience.

I know this seems to defy science but when I’ve had too much to drink (which isn’t very often), that drunk feeling intensifies. The room spins faster and things blur. This has happened numerous times (mostly when younger). I’ve learned to not drink water while drinking (before yes). Actually, I’ve learned to not drink so much in the first place (older, wiser). I’m only saying this because R was drinking water. Although, I doubt this is what happened. It just made me think of my own experience.
I think that’s likely because your blood alcohol is still rising, even after you’ve switched to water.

That’s what I believe happened here.

The card may not have been in his wallet, if he even has one. It's possible that in his condition at the bar, he used the card to pay his tab but didn't bother/couldn't manage to put in back into a wallet, and simply stuffed it into a pants pocket. Movement - voluntary or not - on that embankment could have shaken it loose.
The video used by the bar to determine what he ordered could be reviewed to determine where he put his credit card after use.

I'm sure LE will interview his friends who were present as to whether Riley was obviously drunk when they went into that bar.

It is very possible they all may have been drunk. It's very possible the previous bar stopped serving them.

JMO

My brain works in lists. He's one Iist i've been thinking about. MOO

Key info we (public) are missing that LE likely has:
  • Video of Riley inside bar(s)
  • Details on his exact drink order(s)
  • Details on timing of his comings and goings
  • Addl video footage from outside as he tried to find his way to hotel
  • Details of all communications he made that night
  • Details of his cc usage
  • Description of man he supposedly talked to near encampment (after 'commotion')
  • Whether Riley was carrying a full wallet or just a cc (his hotel key was left at hotel)
  • River flow details
  • Many other tips from bar patrons and witnesses.
  • Much more I'm likely missing
Moo

"Sunday, MNPD reported that Strain's bank hard had been discovered along the Cumberland Riverfront in downtown Nashville."

This makes me think that maybe he didn’t immediately fall into the river like I assumed, which is good. But it could also be his card used for his tab and it slipped out of his pocket because he didn’t put it back in his wallet (me with my id at the airport!).

I totally agree from seeing him in the videos walking down the street…Xanax ecstasy having something slipped into his drink or water…Even prior to arriving at this Bar…The place he was at previously is just as important in investigating and explaining his condition !

Yeah. Where was he prior to Lukes 23Bridge? How long was he at the bar?

They had a hotel room, so presumably the group of 200 had arrived much earlier in the day and checked in.

What was he up to on the bus and in the hotel room.

This makes me think that maybe he didn’t immediately fall into the river like I assumed, which is good. But it could also be his card used for his tab and it slipped out of his pocket because he didn’t put it back in his wallet (me with my id at the airport!).
I'm wondering if his card was planted there. It makes no sense that the card fell out of his pocket, yet his body still hasn't been found.

Too much about this case we still don't know.

JMO

Yeah. Where was he prior to Lukes 23Bridge? How long was he at the bar?

They had a hotel room, so presumably the group of 200 had arrived much earlier in the day and checked in.

What was he up to on the bus and in the hotel room.
Drinking, drinking, and more drinking. That’s exactly what I’d expect from students that age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosthrough