Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im new here but Im curious if anyone has discussed this possibly being connected to the smiley face killer? It seems like this is exactly the m.o. of that killer or killers. Drunk college student dissappears after leaving the bar alone. If they find this boy a month later in the water with ghb in his blood and his body having been in the water for only a day or two, it’s his/her m.o. exactly.
Law enforcement has said they don’t believe there’s been any foul play, but people have made the connection due to victimology/ Riley’s profile.

[…]

The Cheatham County Sheriff’s Office said it had been in contact with the Metro Nashville Police Department, which requested a search from the county line to the Cheatham Dam. The Cumberland River runs through the dam and is operated by the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers.

It is about 42 miles downstream from Nashville. Nothing has been found as of Wednesday morning, the sheriff’s office said.

[…]

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (WSMV) – UPDATE: The search for Riley Strain at the Cheatham Dam is finished for the day as crews did not find anything there, according to the Cheatham County Sheriff’s Office.

During the search, crews were burping — closing and opening — the dam for the search efforts. That search has wrapped up for the day, CCSO told WSMV4 Wednesday afternoon.

No other search efforts are planned in the area at this time. The focus of this search was concentrated on the dam and crews found nothing connected to Riley.

[…]

BBM.

I totally agree. Also, whoever Riley was last seen talking to at the bar needs to be questioned. If he only had one (or two) drinks at the bar, then the bartenders, the waitress, the bouncer and any one else who was nearby interacting with Riley from the time the drinks were served to him until he left the bar.

I just started following but after watching that video of poor Riley walking alone down the street, flailing his arms everywhere after being told to leave a bar has played out time and time again with other young men in many river cities over the years. Only to be found weeks or months later floating dead in a river after it has been searched multiple times before. Sad.

JMHO
the other thing that I noticed is that he is ejected from the bar at about 9:35 p.m. That is just not very late.... of course maybe the boys started drinking at 12 noon or at 3p.m. but the times i recall going out in college, we went out later because.. I dunno... sleep late, wait for darkness, bands play later...curious when the boys' night began.

MAR 20, 2024
As crews assisted on day 12 of the search for missing Missouri student Riley Strain, the Tennessee Wildlife Resource Agency offered up boat patrols to look through various areas of the Cumberland River.

[...]

“In a recovery effort situation, a river system’s going to have a varying river level, depending on weather, the water temperature can impact how those things develop, and also debris in the water, things that float down the river that can affect our search efforts with boats, so there’s just a lot of things and the Cumberland River goes through Davidson County for several miles, so it’s a lot of area to keep an eye on and be safe while we’re searching,” Anderson said.

Anderson said for this time of year, river levels and flow seemed pretty normal. Water temperatures can also affect a search and the way things rise. For now, Anderson said waters were cool, but he expects temperatures to rise in the near future.

[...]

Im new here but Im curious if anyone has discussed this possibly being connected to the smiley face killer? It seems like this is exactly the m.o. of that killer or killers. Drunk college student dissappears after leaving the bar alone. If they find this boy a month later in the water with ghb in his blood and his body having been in the water for only a day or two, its his/her m.o. exactly.
WELCOME to WS @Korbs
Yes, I did immediately think of that.
I have followed a lot of missing young, drunk, college students that go missing after a night out drinking with friends and end up found dead in the water.

My heart breaks tonight. There might of been many chances to save this young man.

Where were his Delta Chi Fraternity Brothers from the University of Missouri The Delta Chi Fraternity ? They should have been looking out for each other, why didn't they see their own Frat brother in trouble and help him?

The management staff at Luke Bryan's bar determined RS was over intoxicated and the kicked him out the front door . Home - LUKE'S 32 BRIDGE Food + Drink JMO Did anyone with a conscious at that bar think, 'where might this overly intoxicated person go safely''? No they selfishly just wanted RS out of their bar, with absolutely no regard for his safety.

Obviously, this did/will not end well for this young man.

Lots of blame to go around.

The only positive thing i can hope for is that this tragedy leads to conscious positive change

JMO

Last edited:
MAR 20, 2024
[...]

“This river is very, very convoluted,” said United Cajun Navy National Director of Operations David Flagg. “There’s literally probably hundreds of places that a body, a drowned person, could be hung up.”

Also back on the job was Brandy Baenen, a TikTok producer who found Strain’s bank card along the riverbank Sunday.

“We went back to the spot where we found the card,” Baenen told “Elizabeth Vargas Reports.” “We just cannot find anything else there.”

[...]

The group [Cajun Navy] plans to augment its efforts Wednesday with drones and cadaver dogs.

[...]

While at my local Walmart yesterday evening, I saw a boy that looked just like Riley. I even told him he sure was a tall drop of water. Today, I contacted the MNPD and gave them the timeline from my receipt so hopefully, they can obtain the security videos and see if it was or was not him. I'm less than 300 miles from Nashville.

While at my local Walmart yesterday evening, I saw a boy that looked just like Riley. I even told him he sure was a tall drop of water. Today, I contacted the MNPD and gave them the timeline from my receipt so hopefully, they can obtain the security videos and see if it was or was not him. I'm less than 300 miles from Nashville.
If only a miracle like this could happen!

WELCOME to WS @Korbs
Yes, I did immediately think of that.
I have followed a lot of missing young, drunk, college students that go missing after a night out drinking with friends and end up found dead in the water.
Thanks for the welcome! Im from Chicago and there was an epidemic of young men that went missing here a couple summers ago and the lead investigator actually came out and said there were too many for it to be a coincidence. None of them have received justice as of yet.

I wonder where this fits in the timeline?

MAR 20, 2024
A close friend of Mizzou student Riley Strain‘s family said a couple that was visiting Nashville interacted with the 22-year old on the night he went missing.

“The mother reached out, she saw Riley and made a comment, like, ‘You’re not driving tonight?’ and he goes, ‘No ma’am,'” Chris Dingman said during a Wednesday interview on NewsNation’s “Elizabeth Vargas Reports.”

[...]

“They (the couple) were able to contact the police,” Dingman said. “They reached out several days prior that they have been in contact with the police and turned over their information.”

[...]

Thanks for the welcome! Im from Chicago and there was an epidemic of young men that went missing here a couple summers ago and the lead investigator actually came out and said there were too many for it to be a coincidence. None of them have received justice as of yet.
They were all found in the chicago river or lake michigan.

It’s striking what a quick 10 minute walk he had between bar and hotel, and then how staggeringly in the opposite direction he wound up.

I’m wondering if he maybe didn’t feel like returning to the hotel after the second bar turned him away?

It’s possible to not be lost, to be killing time, and then still have a sudden mishap near the river because you had to answer the call of nature.

It’s all very sad.

View attachment 491922View attachment 491923
he is at least 3x faster than that at 6'7"....the map figures are for a 24min mile...

I wonder too in the likelihood he did go into the water if it would help to examine or inspect the ferry that goes by that area for any clues in case it did sadly drag Riley Strain’s remains the following day or so? Or perhaps it would help if to check the marina docks and in the direction of Clarksville in case a private boat may have unfortunately done something similarly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DorianM4C