Found Deceased TN - Riley Strain, 22, missing after leaving bar, Nashville, 8 March 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have never heard of this happening before, they are busy and I honestly can't see them texting/calling places around them to put out a BOLO on every person their tossing on any given night. Have you actually heard of this happening before? I'm honestly wondering...
Respectfully, it does happen. I'm a former bartender, and my son has been a bartender in Florida for many years. If someone is 86'd for breaking the bars rules, it gets around quickly so that other bars can be aware.
IMO.

I had this thought after reviewing some paperwork I received today. Maybe the text wasn't "Good lops (lowercase "L")", but rather, "Good Iop(uppercase "I")s".

IOP is an acronym for "intensive outpatient" treatment, a sort of rehab to treat substance abuse. Maybe in the state he found himself in, he was trying to find "good IOPs" to get help.
I just saw about the text in an article. I have a hunch he was trying to swipe “got lost.”

Last edited:
Whatever it was specifically, he was so intoxicated that the next bar he went to wouldn’t allow him in. Bars can kick people out for any reason at all, provided it isn’t discriminatory. I’ve seen people thrown out for a lot less than what likely happened here. It sounded to me like even that family friend understood the bar’s reasoning.

Riley was able to pull it together when he encountered that police officer. You see that behavior with alcohol but I wouldn’t expect it with some sort of roofie.

That’s besides the fact that there’s no point drugging some guy in the presence of his friends, when you have no reasonable expectation you’re going to be able to get to him alone.

He wasn’t followed. He wasn’t robbed. It’s such an unnecessary incredible reach when you have a scenario that happens all the time. People get drunk and drown.
If he crossed the bridge like it is being reported. He may not have drown. You sound so positive that he did drown when there is no proof that he did drown. That is only your opinion.

I haven’t heard any of this before now. So , reporting.
It’s on News Nation :Banfield

Now on News Nation, Banfield is reporting that a homeless man was wearing Riley’s shirt, two days after Riley disappeared. In fact the shirt had Riley’s vomit on it.
And the family saw him vomiting over the guard rail .

Excellent post. My thoughts exactly. This should never have happened.
Yes, the fraternity should have stepped up. They didn’t.
Then there’s the bar. They didn’t step up either. And, I don’t want to hear that they had no culpability. They separated Riley from his friends. His fraternity friends were his ownly source of security and protection. They were a unit. That was the deal, they were a unit.
When the bar forced Riley out, he lost his protection. They sent him to his demise. The bar is at fault.100%. That’s JMO
HOW do they know it had RILEY'S vomit on it?

If he crossed the bridge like it is being reported. He may not have drown. You sound so positive that he did drown when there is no proof that he did drown. That is only your opinion.
Where does it say he crossed a bridge?? Can you provide a link?

Last time I checked, we're all only sharing our opinions! It's okay to have differenting opinions. Just my opinion?

Imo,

When a visitor to the District is ejected from a private bar onto the city streets it’s on the city to deal with them; if needed.

What may be grounds for removal from a private bar may not rise to the level for arrest on the streets.

[…]

In Tennessee, simply being drunk in public is not enough to be arrested.

Instead, the State must also show you (1) may be a danger to yourself, (2) may create a danger to other people or property, or (3) “unreasonably annoy people in the vicinity.”

[…]

Unlike with a DUI arrest, the police usually do not test your blood alcohol levels or ask you to perform field sobriety tests, so it may be possible to challenge whether you are actually intoxicated in court, which you should discuss with your public intoxication lawyer.

Nashville Public Intoxication Defense Lawyer - Drunk in Public Lawyer

[…]

The authorities in Nashville have decided to handle public intoxication charges differently than other counties in Middle Tennessee. Once you are arrested for a public intoxication charge, your case will be administratively dismissed after you spend a few hours in jail. The case will be dismissed. You will not have to come back to court in Nashville.

Public Intoxication Charges In Nashville, Tennessee

all imo

Moo..I don't waitress anymore but if I do, to make sure I am not liable and keep customer safe from them self. I should just contact police and get all cut off customers arrested. Or even more convenient cops can situate a drunk tank van near bar exit and gather the cut off ones.

This story about dear Riley being observed as he was vomiting is something to think about. It’s not necessarily an indication of him being drunk. I have finally viewed the video of him running into the lamp post, falling, and not getting up immediately. It is very difficult to believe he was not concussed, and vomiting is a frequent symptom of a concussion.

Another symptom is wanting to sleep, especially after vomiting. It wasn’t clear to me how close the rail where he was seen getting sick was to an easy roll into the river. I’m now wondering if as a result of a concussion, he lay down somewhere along there and went to sleep or even died from a brain bleed — and was spotted with an Apple Watch, iPhone, and nice clothes, from which he was robbed and then rolled into the river by the thief. MOO. This is just so sad.

IDK. Only a thought. I am not medically trained but have had personal experience with a number of concussions.
im with you on that I had a bad concussion once and was puking within 10-15 minutes. He could also have sat down and aspirated on his own vomit

Respectfully, it does happen. I'm a former bartender, and my son has been a bartender in Florida for many years. If someone is 86'd for breaking the bars rules, it gets around quickly so that other bars can be aware.
IMO.
Well no, I can definitely see things getting around and people talking and sharing stories of those who are out breaking bar rules. But that night when they asked Riley to leave he crossed the street and was denied entry, I think it was because they could see he was obviously impaired, not because the bar across the street had already put a BOLO out on him. In my opinion..

I appreciate them taking their time to aide in this search.
I’m so conflicted looking at the pic they posted holding the card.
I get that they’re wearing gloves and that there may not be much forensic evidence left on it… but, man why not hold it delicately by the edges? Why paw at it so much, just for the sake of hope, no matter how small of a chance, that there is something that can be lifted off of it.
I may be wrong, but why even take that chance.

And by delicately, I mean no contact of fingers on the flat surface, just the sides.
The card situation bothers me, too. I think I read somewhere that it’s the only bank account his parents can’t access? (I understood this to mean after his disappearance, not before). Has anyone else heard that or did I misunderstand? Could it be a fake card? Were the women recording themselves searching when they found it or only afterwards?

Since they've stopped the dam from operating (as I understand it) I would think that there's no longer a current, and that it would result in more visibility since the silt would settle. Does this operation also cause the water level to drop I wonder?
It's eerie and sad to see that expanse of water in the post above.

I think it’s the surveillance footage. Usually it’s not as extensive as what we’ve seen here.

I think in general, another factor is that this is by all accounts this was a low risk victim, engaging in an activity that we’ve all done. He’s relatable, either because of our own personal experiences, or we have relatives in college that are his age.
Well said. I agree on both accounts, and hadn't thought about your second point (btw - I particularly enjoy your comments because you are very logical and do not dive into conspiracies based on no evidence).

According to the Banfield link posted above,
Banfield
the shirt story has been told to several members of LE. There have been no reports I know of saying LE has the shirt but they know who has been identified as having it and they are familiar with him. ("Ross") So we don't know for sure it's RS's shirt although Banfield kept saying things in her broadcast like "so the man seen wearing Riley's shirt with vomit on it. . " The place the shirt was allegedly found (per Ross's story) is a railing at Fort Nashborough on the Riverfront. The streets Gay and Broadway were mentioned. Per Banfield, RS was not known to be anywhere near there based on videos/phone pings and the vomiting episode apparently wasn't near there.
MOO
It's very hard for me to take Ashleigh Banfield seriously. She isn't a serious journalist who sticks to the facts, she's a talking head that embellishes stories for audience ratings. She doesn't say a witness saw a shirt on a homeless man that appeared to be similar to RS's, she states the homeless man was wearing Riley's shirt. No body knows that for sure. If it truly is Riley's shirt and there was vomit it it was most likely Riley's from either too much booze or from a concussion and he took it off. If he removed his shirt and left it on a railing and his debit card was in the pocket then that might be where his card was found. It doesn't follow that a homeless person mugged him, took of his vomit laden shirt and stole his debit card.

A different point - when Riley had the interaction with the cop on Gay St. he was walking toward a railway bridge further up the street. He'd already passed a dedication statue to Timothy Demonbreun on the river side of the street when he met the cop. Where would the next camera be to follow Riley's progress? Was there no other fixed cameras on that stretch of Gay St. up to the Woodland St. bridge and beyond to the railway bridge?

The Wildhorse is closed, that is the location of the bar he was asked to leave from
Oh i didn't know..

But, what? The map that showed his movements started on Broadway. Maybe around 4th Avenue, but definitely Broadway.. Wildhorse was not only on 2nd, but it was pretty far down on second.

ETA: the address of the bar is 301 Broadway.

I am just saying, there's stuff on lower Broadway... Idk what any more. He might have been going toward whatever that is. That way leads to the River. If you walk all the way down Broadway, you wind up at 1st Avenue which leads around the Capitol and to Gay Street.

I have walked it before albeit, a long time ago. And one thing i have noticed now is how much construction there is, thus if a person was following directions on their phone, they might find themselves blocked off and trying to figure out how to get around...

I am just saying, i don't think he was trying to get back to his hotel. And if he crossed the bridge for some reason, that is East Nashville. (It's still Nashville, but that's what everyone called it.)

If i am remembering right, you don't see anything particularly interesting immediately after going over the bridge. So, yes, he would have gotten lost unless he turned around and immediately recrossed the bridge.

Last edited:
Well no, I can definitely see things getting around and people talking and sharing stories of those who are out breaking bar rules. But that night when they asked Riley to leave he crossed the street and was denied entry, I think it was because they could see he was obviously impaired, not because the bar across the street had already put a BOLO out on him. In my opinion..
Unfortunately, we don't know if that is the reason he was denied, or even the reason why he was kicked out in the first place. I was offering another possibility.
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member