CA CA - Paula Pope, 18, Fresh Pond, 3 Sept. 1972

Hmm....It sort of looks like her wedding ring had a bit of a setting, but not anything similar to the ring for the young woman I mentioned? I do not have photoshop on this computer, but will see if I am able to enhance the photos. They're beautiful. You can also tell how petite she was then. Hopefully having more images will help.

This is the ring found with the young woman I mentioned a few posts prior: 67UFFL67UFFL7_LARGE.jpg

Attempt to isolate and increase Paula's ring. The detail isn't quite visible, but maybe someone else has a better option? Her ring does appear to have some sort of detail/setting, but I can't quite get it? Anyone? I also tried to clean the image up a little, and isolate Paula. Because of the lighting, etc her eyes feel a bit "dark" to me. Her husband's features came through quite clear when I enhanced the photo, but I edited him out to try and focus on her. Not sure if this helps, but worth a try. Again, someone probably has better editing software and skills. Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 2.16.59 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-03-31 at 2.17.16 PM.png

Welcome Carolyn - I'm sorry that your sister is missing and I hope that maybe we can find some answers for you.

Do you know if this Jane Doe has been ruled out? I didn't see any rule outs on Paula's NamUs profile except three from Virginia.

Unidentified Person / NamUs #UP17572
Female, White / Caucasian
Date Body Found October 30, 1980
Location Found Placer County, California
Estimated Age Range 18-27 Years
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Clothing and Accessories
Item
Description
Clothing
Dark blue Levi's jeans, a blue-ish, multicolored halter top size small.
On the Body

Footwear
Blue Adidas tennis shoes with a white stripe, size 3.5.

Hair ColorBrown
Head Hair DescriptionColor was reddish/brown/blonde.

I know it says the Jane Doe had been deceased 1 year but I've seen that mistaken before so I take it with a grain of salt.

View attachment 263403
I came here to suggest this as well, 3.5 for grown lady is quite small. This doe is probably closer to the 5'0" mark, which would make her a good match for Paula. She's also about an hour away from where Paula disappeared from.

Last edited:
Cropped version of the photo used for ads

1673566603978.png

I believe the concert/festival that Paula was attending is called the Carson City Labor Day Music & Art Festival. It took place on September 3, 1972. Here is the poster for it:

1673566941984.png

It took place at the T-Car Speedway, which was eventually renamed to The Silver Speedway and finally the Champion Speedway. It was closed in 2005 and demolished in 2008/2009. There's an article showing the abandoned track if anyone is interested.

According to the comment about the show left by the person who posted the poster:

"The show was to start at 12 noon and run until midnight, but with a heavy rain mid-day the acts didn't get started until 4 pm... Joints and hash pipes were passed, there was more fog under the tarp then outside...

The concert finally ended at 4:00 am but it took until dawn to get the cars out of the parking lot and roads."

If the show started late and ended late, what time did she allegedly leave? What time was she dropped off by the friend? It's said that she was last seen late night on Sept. 3rd but would they have made it back from Carson City by then? It's about an 1hr 30 min to Fresh Pond.

1673567644483.png

I wonder if Paula is this Jane Doe found in Georgetown? Georgetown is in the same county as Fresh Pond and is a 30 to 40 minute drive. Her height is a bit off but these are partial skeletal parts which could make this Jane Doe a bit taller than what is listed. Remains are also sun bleached which could make them rather old. I have other possible matches too but I have also thought of Paula Pope possibly being this Jane Doe.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaPrirl
Back