Australia Samantha Murphy, 51, last seen leaving her property to go for a run in the Canadian State Forest, Ballarat 100km NW of Melbourne, 4 Feb 2024 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-03-22-17-04-23-65.png
    Screenshot_2024-03-22-17-04-23-65.png
    183.3 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_2024-03-22-17-05-07-86.png
    Screenshot_2024-03-22-17-05-07-86.png
    138.5 KB · Views: 20
Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone's arguments are important. Everyone here has their own points of view in what occurred and how they would see it played out. It is difficult to understand why the alleged perp. has not co-operared but we can suspect reasons.

There was a post from earlier today with an article about how police can use a program to retrieve deleted information. Can anyone find the link now? I can't. It was a very interesting article.
Apparently Snapchat is not one of those that can be retrieved. If the request is made very quickly and acted on immediately there has been some success but it isn't guaranteed.

I just find it hard ascribing positive qualities to him, like protectiveness, when there is no demonstrable basis for that. Right now, he is accused of a crime that requires the qualities of a committed woman bashing , and a very strong element of cowardice thrown in. I would bet good dollars he would not have tried out his killing skills on a bloke. He chose a woman, a generation older than he.

It's difficult to see how the accused, who has without doubt, all the advantages that Australia can bestow on a person, Young, Tall, Male , White, Privately Educated, Tradesman, Supportive Parents, who are still married, and living in their own home, Girlfriend, Friends, Sporting Prowess, Steady Employment, and not just sporting but FOOTBALL, the Victorian Religion, has any call on any citizen to find sympathetic qualities in this killer.
Perfect summation Trooper! I love all of the above, and especially this:

"I would bet good dollars he would not have tried out his killing skills on a bloke.
He chose a woman, a generation older than he."

JMO

ADMIN NOTE:

None of us know this POI/suspect, therefore none of us is in any position to diagnose them.

Please move on from the attempts at diagnosing mental health. It is off topic speculation not based on any known fact.

Thanks.

I am reading and hearing one point and we must place emphasis on this fact: non-cooperation. I know that this non-cooperation is one factor that is going to be very difficult for the alleged perp. to dodge when this case is brought forward. MOO

I am reading and hearing one point and we must place emphasis on this fact: non-cooperation. I know that this non-cooperation is one factor that is going to be very difficult for the alleged perp. to dodge when this case is brought forward. MOO
You would think the least he would say, would be, 'he didn't do it'. He has not denied murdering Mrs. Murphy. His silence on that part of what one would expect an innocent person to say is a bit baffling. It would be the first thing one would say under the circumstances. If, one knew nothing about it.

You would think the least he would say, would be, 'he didn't do it'. He has not denied murdering Mrs. Murphy. His silence on that part of what one would expect an innocent person to say is a bit baffling. It would be the first thing one would say under the circumstances. If, one knew nothing about it.
Do we know that he has admitted to it?

… Unless he has very literally taken legal advice that anything he says can be used in evidence against him?

On what basis do we know as fact that the accused has said “nothing, zip, nada” to police? Or is this an assumption?/speculation? Wasn’t the accused interviewed for hours before they arrested him? How would a member of the general public know exactly what might have been said (or not said)? :rolleyes:
I thought he was interviewed for 30 hours. That's a long time to say nothing.

I guess he's keeping his options open by keeping quiet. Most criminal lawyers would likely advise their client to make "no comment" when questioned due to the whole "anything you say or do can be used against you in a court of law" thing.

ttps://www.canberratimes.com.au/video/breaking/x8tzuia/victoria-police-charge-man-with-murder-after-disappearance-of-missing-mother-samantha-murphy/

Shane Patton, Victorian Commander, press conference, 7th March.

My understanding of the definition of an “interview” is an exchange of words between at least two parties.

My understanding is that the police commissioner confirmed that the accused was interviewed for 30 hours.

There has been no reference to a police soliloquy…. Nor to a 30 hour silent sitting?

So, it would seem there has been an extraordinarily long exchange of at least some kind of words….?

Let’s wait and see

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members