AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s possible. But wouldn’t law enforcement have said that they found a loaded backpack?
Possibly they didn't find it. Casualty of the landfill.

Perhaps they did find it but they don't want the person who trashed it to know they've recovered it.

IMO LE has stopped doing local searches because it's a waste of resources. They'll do targeted searches as warranted. Forensic evidence will paint the runway.

JMO

She said nothing about a hamper.

These are her words:

"That is what he went to bed in. And the reason that I believe he was still wearing those clothes is because when we searched, I did not find those clothes in the house, so I have to assume that that's what he was still wearing."

So. By that logic Sebastian had exactly one pair of those pants and one of those shirts.

Not buying it.
Honestly, it’s very possible that he only has one pair. I’m a mother of six, and while I couldn’t tell you each and every pair of pants or shirt that my kids have, if I saw them wearing something the night before, and the next day, when looking for said items, if they weren’t there, I would be able to tell you. Because logically, if you’re wearing something and you take it off, you put it in a hamper, or in a kids case, on your bedroom or bathroom floor. If it’s not there, then logic would say that it’s still on the person.

I'm wondering about the commute time between the Proudfoot's home in Hendersonville and his job in Nashville.

I recall CP told NG it took 3+ hours to get from his house to his jobsite. But, on Google Maps, it says the distance between Hendersonville and Nashville is just 23 minutes. Maybe I have his job location wrong?

Or, maybe he pulled his camper and took a non-interstate route that took a lot longer?

I'm wondering about the commute time between the Proudfoot's home in Hendersonville and his job in Nashville.

I recall CP told NG it took 3+ hours to get from his house to his jobsite. But, on Google Maps, it says the distance between Hendersonville and Nashville is just 23 minutes. Maybe I have his job location wrong?

Or, maybe he pulled his camper and took a non-interstate route that took a lot longer?
Hmmm that’s odd. I remember him saying it was something like 3 hours 26 minutes from doorstep to doorstep. So I’m assuming he would be talking about wherever he has his camper parked. But why would he have his camper parked that far away if it’s only 23 minutes.

I know he said he was working on a crew at St Jude children’s. I wonder how far away that is from their home?

Hmmm that’s odd. I remember him saying it was something like 3 hours 26 minutes from doorstep to doorstep. So I’m assuming he would be talking about wherever he has his camper parked. But why would he have his camper parked that far away if it’s only 23 minutes.

I know he said he was working on a crew at St Jude children’s. I wonder how far away that is from their home?
Wait was he working in Nashville or Memphis? According to the Google, there is a construction project going on at the st Jude in Memphis.

He was working at St. Jude's in Memphis (there is not one in Nashville) and yes 3.5 hours is probably about correct. So roundtrip is 7 hours...

Okay, that must be it. I must have had the city wrong.

Thanks.
Ok yup, I could have sworn they said Nashville, maybe that’s where Seth was? I know he was also out of town. Also he must have taken his trip time straight from Google maps, because that’s their eta on the map.

He WAS working at St.Judes in Memphis. Once the case was ongoing, they asked him not to return until settled. (Maybe because people started coming around the site filming? Maybe other reasons. We don't know.) He came on another interview and said his employer sent him to the Vanderbilt job site in Nashville. Now he seems to be back working around the Memphis area, according to reports that their camper has been spotted back at his usual campground he stayed when there. Who knows, they may not want to disclose anymore as it's causing issues at jobsites. JMO

He WAS working at St.Judes in Memphis. Once the case was ongoing, they asked him not to return until settled. (Maybe because people started coming around the site filming? Maybe other reasons. We don't know.) He came on another interview and said his employer sent him to the Vanderbilt job site in Nashville. Now he seems to be back working around the Memphis area, according to reports that their camper has been spotted back at his usual campground he stayed when there. Who knows, they may not want to disclose anymore as it's causing issues at jobsites. JMO
Understandable, I’m sure it was a big disruption and safety concern to have people showing up there.

How common is it for dogs to not hit on anything outside the house when the missing person has actually been there? I live in the area and we had wind advisories and heavy rain about two days after he went missing. But day #1 was sunny. Are the dogs pretty reliable? (The potential severe weather was a major factor that contributed to the Amber alert, from what I heard).

On another note, I find it interesting that the police haven't advised families to be cautious, watch their kids closely, be on the lookout for predators. I don't know if that's typical, but I haven't heard any warnings and I live within a few miles of his home. I assumed they'd alert the public to be careful if they suspected foul play from someone unrelated to the family. (My very uneducated-on-the-topic thoughts...)

“I’m curious what you would say to investigators, and some people watching now, who would say kids just don’t vanish without a trace, implying there must be some foul play involved. What would you say to them?” Scripps News Nashville asked Rogers.

“Foul play is still negativity. He’s out there, we just have to find him. Stop making excuses. If there’s foul play, we’ll find out after we find him. We gotta talk to him, he’ll tell us what happened. We just got to find him first,” Rogers said.

“And let’s just be clear for everyone watching, do you have any knowledge whatsoever about your son’s disappearance?” Scripps News Nashville asked.

“I don’t,” Rogers said. “I found out over an hour after his mother found out he was gone.”

I'm not a parent, but to all you parents out there, I have a question.

KP said in the NG interview that they assumed Sebastian was still wearing the clothes she last saw him in when he went to bed, because they were the only clothes that were missing.

Do you keep a close enough inventory on your 15-year-old child's clothing to know if one shirt and one pair of pants is missing?
Kids nowadays usually have lots of clothes, so I don't think any parent could remember what all they had. I couldn't, unless it was something special or new.

How common is it for dogs to not hit on anything outside the house when the missing person has actually been there? I live in the area and we had wind advisories and heavy rain about two days after he went missing. But day #1 was sunny. Are the dogs pretty reliable? (The potential severe weather was a major factor that contributed to the Amber alert, from what I heard).

On another note, I find it interesting that the police haven't advised families to be cautious, watch their kids closely, be on the lookout for predators. I don't know if that's typical, but I haven't heard any warnings and I live within a few miles of his home. I assumed they'd alert the public to be careful if they suspected foul play from someone unrelated to the family. (My very uneducated-on-the-topic thoughts...)
Who's scent was tracked to the construction area then? I'm not sure why we keep receiving conflicting information about the scent dogs. Seth said he was told directly by the dog handler that it tracked to that area. I'm as confused as ever over who and what we can believe at this point. It's all conflicting from every source and frustrating. JMO

It’s quite common. I’ve followed cases where dogs were all around a body and missed it.

Conditions matter. The type of dog used matters. Rain, heat, wind, type of ground cover all affect a dog’s ability to scent.

Air scenters (retrievers, shepherds etc) need a bit of wind to pick up scent but if it’s raining and the scent is tamped down they may not indicate. However tracking dogs such as a hounds that get low to ground and their ears help pull scent up may have better luck (think bloodhounds, bassets etc).

Hot weather is detrimental to all dogs. As soon as they get hot and start breathing through their mouths then it’s a hard go. If they stop using their noses then they stop scenting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
holliryann