AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's scent was tracked to the construction area then? I'm not sure why we keep receiving conflicting information about the scent dogs. Seth said he was told directly by the dog handler that it tracked to that area. I'm as confused as ever over who and what we can believe at this point. It's all conflicting from every source and frustrating. JMO

I'm curious about this too. This early report mentions draining the pond, but it says the scent was a "false alert."

Who's scent was tracked to the construction area then? I'm not sure why we keep receiving conflicting information about the scent dogs. Seth said he was told directly by the dog handler that it tracked to that area. I'm as confused as ever over who and what we can believe at this point. It's all conflicting from every source and frustrating. JMO
IF his scent was tracked to the construction site, that gels with running away, with getting locked out (purposefully or otherwise) and with being removed from there in a vehicle.

That's my current theory.

If there was no dog tracking, my theory remains the same, with Sebastian and the vehicle at an unknown point.

IF his scent was tracked to the construction site, that gels with running away, with getting locked out (purposefully or otherwise) and with being removed from there in a vehicle.

That's my current theory.

If there was no dog tracking, my theory remains the same, with Sebastian and the vehicle at an unknown point.
I agree. If there’s no scent, I don’t believe he walked away. They would have picked up something.

Okay, so as far as I can tell, the "tracked him to a construction site" originated with Seth.

Corrections welcome if anyone finds anything else.

Okay, so as far as I can tell, the "tracked him to a construction site" originated with Seth.

Corrections welcome if anyone finds anything else.

It very well may have. All I could find was from Feb 29th and said this:

"There was a glimpse of hope Thursday, Feb. 29 as search dogs tracked a scent, but it turned out to be a false alert."

I agree. If there’s no scent, I don’t believe he walked away. They would have picked up something.
See, I have a problem with it being said that there was NO scent outside. Sebastien came and went from that house just because he did. There should be sent from the house to a car. Scent out the door to the sidewalk. Scent in the backyard. Sebastien's scent CAN'T HELP BUT THERE IN SOME CAPACITY. There would be scent no matter what, so whoever said that there was no scent probably isn't the best source of information.

MOO

I'm curious about this too. This early report mentions draining the pond, but it says the scent was a "false alert."

"There was a glimpse of hope Thursday, Feb. 29 as search dogs tracked a scent but it turned out to be a false alert."

-False alert to me means he wasn't found at the end of the scent, the scent disappeared. IMO, false alert doesn't mean no scent was detected, not how their sentence was phrased anyway. What did the dogs track if it wasn't his scent? That makes zero sense.

Here's another early story.

"Scent trained dogs have not led authorities anywhere."

Again, it's open to interpretation IMO. Just because there was no "pot of gold" at the end of the rainbow, doesn't mean it was never there.

I believe CP said that in the NG interview

Edit: or maybe he said to the pond.

Seth gave the information verbally when he called in to the Pascal Show on Mar h 11th. He called initially around the 21 minute mark, and conversation about the scent dogs started around the 27 minute mark.

"There was a glimpse of hope Thursday, Feb. 29 as search dogs tracked a scent but it turned out to be a false alert."

-False alert to me means he wasn't found at the end of the scent, the scent disappeared. IMO, false alert doesn't mean no scent was detected, not how their sentence was phrased anyway. What did the dogs track if it wasn't his scent? That makes zero sense.

Again, it's open to interpretation IMO. Just because there was no "pot of gold" at the end of the rainbow, doesn't mean it was never there.

Seth gave the information verbally when he called in to the Pascal Show on Mar h 11th. He called initially around the 21 minute mark, and conversation about the scent dogs started around the 27 minute mark.
Was it this thread where they said that the dog alerted to the scent of a homeless camp where a rough sleeper was known to have died some time in the past? Because that would explain it.

(Forgive me if this is not the thread where that happened, I am following many.)

See, I have a problem with it being said that there was NO scent outside. Sebastien came and went from that house just because he did. There should be sent from the house to a car. Scent out the door to the sidewalk. Scent in the backyard. Sebastien's scent CAN'T HELP BUT THERE IN SOME CAPACITY. There would be scent no matter what, so whoever said that there was no scent probably isn't the best source of information.

MOO

BBM for focus.

Not necessarily, if he was driven around in a car that was normally kept in the garage.

It does seem as though there should have been a scent from the house to wherever he lugged the trash to.

Was it this thread where they said that the dog alerted to the scent of a homeless camp where a rough sleeper was known to have died some time in the past? Because that would explain it.

(Forgive me if this is not the thread where that happened, I am following many.)
No, that was at the Rockland reserve that was searched by some folks without permission this past weekend.

Half way through the fifth week ... and nothing.
So frustrating.
I think if Sebastian is no longer with us, that there's a possibility he's been carefully concealed.
Sorry for the darkening thoughts and negativity.
I wish he was being kept safe somewhere.
Omo.

@BrianEntin

"It doesn't make sense."I spoke with Sebastian Rogers' father about the 15-year-old's disappearance in Tennessee.He says Sebastian would not have walked off on his own -- and that Sebastian's mom and stepdad have stopped communicating with him.

Any info -- call (615) 451-3838.

Weird how both parents are repeating the "sent tracked to the construction site and then lost" narrative.

From the article:

Widener says bloodhounds and cadaver dogs were used.

"None of them were ever on the trail of Sebastian."

Link: I wanted to know how authorities were still looking for a Hendersonville teen. They showed me.
If there was NO scent tracked over to that construction area retention pond, then why was that the ONLY pond that was completely drained?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M.Lee