AMBER ALERT TN - Autistic teen Sebastian Wayne Drake Rogers, 15, missing in Hendersonville - Feb 27, 2024 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first I've learned of the neighbor's cam picking up the time when SR's bedroom light was turned off, but in my opinion, most parents will turn off lights in the evening if no one is using them.

I'm not sure the light going off indicates SR went to bed at that time. It does indicate that someone was in his room at that time.
BBM

Someone cited it without any source on the thread, so I would take it with a grain of salt (unless it's in some article I haven't read or interview I haven't seen).

I’m ASD level 1 of support and at 27 I gave up on having friends. I tolerated literally anything to be able to call someone a friend for a really long time, especially as a teen, but I just can’t anymore.
Same. My "friends" are my parents, husband, and kiddos. My dad, myself, and my son are ASD1. To be honest, I don't mind or care. Trying to have friends is exhausting to me. That said, I know I always wondered why I didn't fit in at Sebastian's age and would have given anything not to feel so awkward.

<modsnip - rumor>

Last edited by a moderator:
Sadly Sebastian couldn't confide in his dad about CP hitting him. He wasn’t lying, but couldn’t quite tell him the whole truth. I suppose he was scared that it would rock the boat and make his home life more unbearable than it already was.
Snipped by me for focus

Look what happened when he tried to talk to the teacher :( I wonder if there were any physical consequences/punishments after CPS came to the home as well. He was probably too scared to tell anyone at some point

On the other hand. I'd like to know the entity to which this comment was directed.

If it was UCN, I am speculating that Sumner County Sheriff's office observed and/or were alerted by their brothers and sisters in blue that UCN inserted themselves into the Riley Strain case but really didn't do anything substantial to assist.

And they didn't want history repeating itself in the search for Sebastian.

Just speculation on my part. I believe I read that community members started searches today, and AFAIK LE hasn't said anything to discourage that.
In the context in which the SCSO replied this, the family member was asking for volunteers to help search for Sebastian. The post was made February 27th, (Day 2 of him being missing), which was well before UCN came into the picture.

Snipped by me for focus

Look what happened when he tried to talk to the teacher :( I wonder if there were any physical consequences/punishments after CPS came to the home as well. He was probably too scared to tell anyone at some point
My guess is that there was. Hard to imagine that he would be hit with a belt for lying, and there be no consequences for telling on them. MOO of course.

RSBM
BBM

It takes a person who needs to be in control of others, or a person who has lost control of themselves. I think that's a factor in most if not all, types of abuse.

But, to hit a disabled child is a step further. And, darker.

How on earth could KP ever have allow CP to hit her child. They had previously agreed with Seth that there was to be no corporal punishment, therefore they must have all understood it was harmful and cruel treatment of a child. IMO KP consented to and facilitated this parental abuse by allowing it to happen. A good mother would have protected her child. She did not and that’s shameful.

How on earth could KP ever have allow CP to hit her child. They had previously agreed with Seth that there was to be no corporal punishment, therefore they must have all understood it was harmful and cruel treatment of a child. IMO KP consented to and facilitated this parental abuse by allowing it to happen. A good mother would have protected her child. She did not and that’s shameful.
KP is likely vulnerable in that she lacks self esteem. I wonder how her and CP met and what the timeline is like. KP chose CP and brought him into the home with her special needs son who deserves so much better.

It does indicate that someone was in his room at that time.
^^ Snipped by me for focus^^

I was thinking along similar lines.

It likely does mean someone was probably in the room at that time, but we cannot just jump to that assumption as fact because the lights could be on a timer, Mom could have asked Alexa, “Alexa turn off the lights,” etc.

In our household, my husband loves “smart home” technology & seems to have near EVERYTHING on a timer. He even has the internet shut off at precisely the children’s bedtime.

Additionally, even if someone was in the room, we do not have conclusive proof that the person in that room at said time was Sebastian.

**edit was to correct grammar/spelling**

Craddock said a pair of glasses were found within the past few days, but authorities are still working to figure out if they are connected to Sebastian.

“Even though there is not that high visibility in investigating this case, we are not done,” she said. “This has gone back to what could be considered good ole fashioned police work, interviewing individuals, re-interviewing individuals, checking out leads, re-checking leads.”

Amid the many tips that have come in, Niland said some have been related to misinformation and rumors being spread on social media. She asked that the community continue to share information, but about things like conversations people may have had with the missing teen, where he liked to go and “any people he may have mentioned that are in his life.”

They emphasized that they are still investigating--they haven't forgotten Sebastian.

They think a lot of foofoo is being spread on social media.

There is no evidence to support foul play and no evidence pointing toward the parents.

They found glasses but won't say if they were Sebastian's.

They were asked if there was any video, security cam, or anything evidence-wise that pointed toward what happened, and they said No.

I don't know if LE is being straight or not. I hope so.

They emphasized that they are still investigating--they haven't forgotten Sebastian.

They think a lot of foofoo is being spread on social media.

There is no evidence to support foul play and no evidence pointing toward the parents.

They found glasses but won't say if they were Sebastian's.

They were asked if there was any video, security cam, or anything evidence-wise that pointed toward what happened, and they said No.

I don't know if LE is being straight or not. I hope so.
Where does it say that about the parents? I read the article above

Where does it say that about the parents? I read the article above
I didn't hear that but if you go to this link, previously posted, Susan the PIO with TBI starts speaking about the parents at the 4:12 marker.
I would be interested to hear from others what you thought about that portion. I thought she was trying to be very careful picking her words. Understandable as they want cooperation and open communications but I saw something there.

If we are to believe the words spoken, there is nothing to see hear folks. Unbelievably frustrating.

But the glasses! it wouldn’t take too much time to confirm if they are Sebastians. Wonder where they were found. However if LE did suspect the Proudfeet, I would have thought they would want to keep that finding to themselves, to avoid showing their hand.

If in fact there is no foul play (not that I believe that) I think sadly Sebastian is close to home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Findhim