OK OK, Veronica Butler 27 & Jilian Kelley 39, Vehicle Abandoned, Texas County, 30 Mar 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
<modsnip: quoted post was removed at poster’s request>
Yes, my first thought was "which husband?" Jilian's? Then after reading I realized VB was remarried...I'd forgotten. I believe she has even more kids, though I might be wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip: quoted post was deleted by poster>
Perhaps they are talking about the person Butler is in a relationship with? It's quite possible they are married?

<modsnip: quoted post was deleted by poster>
The video isn’t any better. They started to discuss why he would have found it, said he probably knew their route, then the video cut out.

I am assuming the kids are safe, that the women hadn’t actually made it to Eva and were on the way back with kids in the car. Despite reports we’ve heard that they never made it to Eva, I have considered that it was actually possible they really had.

There’s no Amber Alert, so I take that as a good sign.

I posted about this yesterday if you want to read it. The short version is no, LE does not have the authority to lock down public court records. Sealing a public court record requires a court order with specific legal findings required by law as to the reasons for sealing the record. Most of the time, individual documents are sealed, not the entire case. What you normally see is that the case is listed online with the docket history, notes on which pleadings are sealed, and the actual motion and court order on sealing those documents.

The appellate record from an appeal in the case is still available online, but the county record of the entire case is gone. This means that the action was taken at the county court clerk level.

I do not believe server issues are at play. The way this happened is entirely abnormal for Oklahoma court records.
Maybe it was done to protect the privacy of the children?

The link in Post #340, previous page seems to indicate foul play:
"UPDATE- Based on the information obtained from the victim’s vehicle, our investigators believe there was evidence to indicate foul play. "
I'm reading the newer comments on the thread to get up to date with it. Wasn't there yet. Thanks for letting me know.

<modsnip: sleuthing family/non POI>
Also, as troubling as the LE update saying foul play is indicated, is they specifically call the women victims in that, not missing persons. MOO

The video isn’t any better. They started to discuss why he would have found it, said he probably knew their route, then the video cut out.

I am assuming the kids are safe, that the women hadn’t actually made it to Eva and were on the way back with kids in the car. Despite reports we’ve heard that they never made it to Eva, I have considered that it was actually possible they really had.

There’s no Amber Alert, so I take that as a good sign.
Responding to my own post for clarity… no amber alert is a good sign that the kids are safe. There is NO good sign that the two ladies are safe, and that’s extremely troubling. :(

I think that LE is following leads and keeping things close to the vest so as not to compromise the investigation.
I don’t have as much faith in an hostage scenario. For what purpose? If VB has been killed, what would be the bargaining chip?
This has been bothering me. They're doing this for absolutely ALL of the current cases.

It can't ALL be guilty knowledge, <modsnip>. The public needs some coherent information in order to be able to help.

I'd love to know -- but authorities won't even tell us the color/make/model of the vehicle! Nonetheless, although the vehicle was found on a major roadway, its very rural/isolated.

The vehicle they were traveling in was "found abandoned near Highway 95 and Road L, south of Elkhart, Kansas, in rural Texas County," according to the OSBI.

View attachment 494579
The area near the Oklahoma-Kansas border where the vehicle the two women were traveling in was found abandoned on Saturday, according to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. (Google Maps)

Well, of course, suspicious circumstances. So, what are they? Maybe someone saw a strange vehicle on Highway 95 before law enforcement arrived? Would be good to involve the public.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
erinicole93