Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #179

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t say formally just my opinion. The phone DD had in his report said RAs phone didn’t have an IMEI. I assumed that meant it was a burner as most phones have those?…

View attachment 495173
https://www.wishtv.com/wp-content/u...3915-FFC47C07-5DAF-414E-9879-66EEBA100263.pdf
It's my understanding that cell phones either have IMEI or MEID, depending on whether it's a Verizon or an AT&T phone.
I haven't read anything that would indicate nefariousness because his phone had an MEID instead of an IMEI.
It seems they both provide tracking.

According to the FBI affidavit for RL posted by Murder Sheet, maybe RL. But why wouldn’t the defense name him in the 3rd Frank’s motion if RL was one of them?

If one was EF, surely they would name him, since they named him already in the Frank’s memo?

It wasn’t a phone of RA’s, according to page 2 of the 3rd Franks.
View attachment 495170

Source: 3rd Franks Memo, page 2
In this affidavit, they talk about RL's phone being in or around his yard, and in or around the bridge. Were they using different phone data than the data being argued between the D and P now? Because how did the FBI place him within such close proximity? I'm asking seriously, because I don't understand all the technology.

Last edited:
The fact that these surrogates for RA, the accused murderer of their daughters, granddaughters, etc, are using the #Justice4Abby&Libby hashtag on their gimmie money fund goes so far beyond human decency. Suffice to say it's sickening and a slap in the face to the families who created and promoted this hashtag for over 7 years, but not surprising. When I think I've seen a new all time low, they lower it.

This is not a game to be won at any cost, it should be a respectful quest for justice through trial of the murdered 2 innocent young girls, Abbigal Williams and Liberty German. They are the true victims here, yet they've been pushed aside like they never existed. It is unbelievably sad to me.

JMO
If that doesn’t tell you all you want to know about the Defense then nothing will.

That hashtag, for the purpose upon which it was used in this case, is appalling.

MOO

In this affidavit, they talk about RL's phone being in our around his yard, and in or around the bridge. Were they using different phone data than the data being argued between the D and P now? Because how did the FBI place him within such close proximity? I'm asking seriously, because I don't understand all the technology.
This is what I don’t understand. The D references geofencing, the P mentions both. They are different. You’d need a subpoena for both. You’d need a report for each. So which one are they talking about in their motions? Is one or the other (D or P) confusing the terms? P specifically mentions a geolocation assessment, and D had mentioned geofencing (in the latest motions). With RL, I can’t remember what is used to locate his phone (is it mentioned in the SWA?), but the FBI would be able to do either (with a warrant).

As a separate issue from this case, does anyone think there will eventually be another contempt hearing against NMcL, at least for reading the ex parte motions, which was in direct violation to JG's order, where she squarely states that such an act would be contempt? I'm thinking this sort of has to happen, regardless of the outcome of the trial? Would the D need to do this, or would JG do it based on her order?

Last edited:
It's my understanding that cell phones either have IMEI or MEID, depending on whether it's a Verizon or an AT&T phone.
I haven't read anything that would indicate nefariousness because his phone had an MEID instead of an IMEI.
It seems they both provide tracking.
Thank you for this! Can’t edit or correct my post.

I guess I will always wonder why RL felt the need to fabricate an alibi before the bodies were found, specifically for the time the girls were murdered.
IMO an FOIA request could be made for the FBI interview and we would have the answer. All we have is the PCA and we know that info can be shaped toward the end product.

D

MOO Driving while suspended, he was ultimately given 4 years for it.
He also had guns which was a probation violation and he was weeks from his probation being over. I think he was trying to avoid jail time.
I don’t think he had any idea these girls would be found on his property when he asked for the alibi. He was just trying to distance himself from being caught doing other things wrong.
AMO

He also had guns which was a probation violation and he was weeks from his probation being over. I think he was trying to avoid jail time.
I don’t think he had any idea these girls would be found on his property when he asked for the alibi. He was just trying to distance himself from being caught doing other things wrong.
AMO

Yep and we know for a fact he was investigated for these crimes and that duck won’t hunt. Hence why defence hasn’t even mentioned him as being responsible.
INMO

As a separate issue from this case, does anyone think there will eventually be another contempt hearing against NMcL, at least for reading the ex parte motions, which was in direct violation to JG's order, where she squarely says such an act would be contempt? I'm thinking this sort of has to happen, regardless of the outcome of the trial? Would the D need to do this, or would JG do it based on her order?
This section of the Indiana Supreme Court opinion addresses contempt issues.
# 23S-OR-00311
I interpret it to say she has the power. That being said, I'm having a hard time trying to understand why she just doesn't use it.
Disclaimer: I am NAL.

First, the record does not reflect that disqualifying counsel was a last resort. Each of the special judge’s four concerns could be addressed through a combination of procedural rules and court orders, including the gag order and protective order she entered. And trial courts maintain both statutory and inherent authority to compel compliance with their orders and the procedural rules through contempt proceedings and sanctions that include fines and even jail. Reynolds v. Reynolds, 64 N.E.3d 829, 833,835 (Ind. 2016); In re Nasser, 644 N.E.2d 93, 95 (Ind. 1994); McQueen v. State,272 Ind. 229, 231, 396 N.E.2d 903, 904 (1979) (recognizing that “a trial judge can protect [the] court against insult and gross violations of decorum by the infliction of summary punishment by fine, imprisonment or both via a contempt citation”); Ind. Code §§ 34‐47‐2‐1 to ‐4‐3 (contempt statutes). Indeed, the trial court’s protective order invoked the court’s contempt power to enforce compliance. R. Vol. 1 at 51 (ordering that the parties cannot grant anyone access to discovery materials without the court’s permission and without the person seeking access first signing an agreement subjecting them “to the Court’s contempt powers”). There was no finding that these tools were inadequate to resolve the special judge’s concerns.

AMO
How often did he have to strive his cousin for a nice alibi, when he had been underway with his (forbidden) car? He was always underway with it or another vehicle, as far as I remember, and he would have needed many false alibis, if it indeed were important to him.

Last edited:
I think, concerning the fairness of the funding being discussed, it's a two edged sword. Does one County have an oversight entity that decides how much and what for, as far as monies and experts/investigators/extra council and another County decides that a learned judge would know best about those things?

Either way has flaws and can be criticized. Something else that can be criticized are the fees experts charge. It'a a runaway free-for-all. Simply outrageous amounts sometimes. The State will usually cap the amount they're willing to pay for expert testimony, why can't a county do the same? Take a look at just how much these experts charge and pricing is only going to go up.

That's not the defense, prosecution nor the judge's fault. It's just what they deal with. The myth some are throwing around that the State gets so much more funding for experts is not necessarily accurate if they choose to employee cheaper experts. AJMO
Most of the time, the experts that a prosecution use are already paid by the state, so they aren't necessarily "cheaper." Some aren't, of course, but if you get in a situation where you cap cost, then you get the outcome that your expert quality goes down. If an expert can simply not be a witness, go to their regular day job, and make more money, why testify? Further, you can't force them to testify, as that would be an illegal restraint of the witness's liberty interest, so violative of the Constitution.

As far as I know, there is no oversight committee deciding these funding issues in Indiana. There isn't in my State. Judges simply make the decisions. I have most of my practice revolving around medical malpractice. I have never been denied an expert witness, but in my practice expert witnesses are extremely important.

How often did he have to strive his cousin for a nice alibi, when he had been underway with his (forbidden) car? He was always underway with it or another vehicle, as far as I remember.

<modsnip - personalizing>

He was investigated and quite clearly nothing was found to link him with these crimes. He is dead and isn’t the one going to trial next month.

As far as I’m aware from reading the reading the franks motion he isn’t even on the defence radar as responsible. I assume they realise blaming a man that’s dead that was throughly investigated won’t look good in court and will come across as quite callous towards a jury .

IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for this! Can’t edit or correct my post.
The MEID is basically useless, as the data resets every time you turn the phone off and it was 5 years before an arrest. But it has nothing to do with a burner phone. Burner phones are what drug dealers used 20 years ago so their customers didn't have their real number and they would trash it in a short amount of time. If you committed a murder that had anything to do with a burner phone, you would immediately trash the phone after the murder. Burning = trashing it. I can’t link urban dictionary here but you can search burner phone+urban dictionary in a search engine and it will bring up the definitions. JMO.

<modsnip - personalizing>

He was investigated and quite clearly nothing was found to link him with these crimes. He is dead and isn’t the one going to trial next month.

As far as I’m aware from reading the reading the franks motion he isn’t even on the defence radar as responsible. I assume they realise blaming a man that’s dead that was throughly investigated won’t look good in court and will come across as quite callous towards a jury .

IMO
My point is, that he knew every trick in the book, IMO, and the police were generous with him and his lawbreaking, it seemed from the start. I don't think, he's responsible for the double-murder, but maybe he participated or he helped with some things. Idk! We can stop with this conversation. I first only said, his phone may have been one of the three within the geofence, nothing more. <modsnip - pesronalizing> Wasn't my intention at all to start a new investigation of RL here on WS.

Last edited by a moderator:
RSBM

Yes, Abby was dressed in Libby’s clothes. My understanding is that she was not wearing socks when she was found. Do you have a theory about the socks?

Source: p. 28-31
https://www.scribd.com/document/672126677/DELPHI-Memorandum-in-Support-of-Motion-pdf
My theory was speculation playing amateur profiler. Hands, feet, tree branches, using tree branches to go past the body form, are all extremities. How do we protect our extremities?

Maybe that profile is Richard Allen because of his stature being a smaller man, but in order to take the time to do that for a first crime seems strange, in my opinion. It seems like it would take a patient person to do this. It takes time to place tree branches(or sticks) on a person's body.

I thought maybe the person who murdered Abigail Williams and Liberty German has something wrong with either their hands or feet.

My point is, that he knew every trick in the book, IMO, and the police were generous with him and his lawbreaking, it seemed from the start. I don't think, he's responsible for the double-murder, but maybe he participated or he helped with some things. Idk! We can stop with this conversation. I first only said, his phone may have been one of the three within the geofence, nothing more. <modsnip - personalizing> Wasn't my intention at all to start a new investigation of RL here on WS.

<modsnip - quoted post was snipped>

I just find it disheartening that a man who is dead who can’t defend himself still gets dragged into this mess. I know he wasn’t an angel and had a past but he was investigated and nothing came from it :) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roseashley592