Found Deceased FL - Madeline Soto, 13, Missing Child Alert, 13500 blk Town Loop Blvd, Orlando, 26 Feb 2024 *arrest* #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
before her remains were found LE told the public in the press conference they believed SS MOVED Madeline's body 'in the early morning hours'. LE said: "although they have not found Madeline, we are now confident she is dead. our efforts will be focused on recovering Madeline'.

that statement was of course based on evidence discovered, documented times/movements of SS only, so far......

I focused on her public awareness interviews where she never mentions seeing Madeline that morning. its ok not to be up and awake if someone else is handling a task, but for some reason, with the public, she avoided the morning. for her to tell LE, 8am, that might have been a routine time in the past, but IMO it sure doesnt fit with the evidence times knowing that Madeline's body was moved 'in the early morning hours' and her belongings dumped at 7:35am.

all we have for JS thru her pressers: she worked on sunday, she talked to Madeline about the party and presents sunday nite, Madeline didnt use her phone or any electronics before bed and then she drives to the school to pick her up, then..."Madeline is Missing'. LE has not provided any additional info concerning JS, SS and Madeline's complete timelines. 'its an ongoing investigation'.
I always found it puzzling that JS was confident MS did not use her electronics Sunday night.
How does she know that? Did she actually go into the school laptop usage history? Same for the phone?
Using an electronic doesn’t mean just texting and calling.
Did she go by only what SS told her?

I always found it puzzling that JS was confident MS did not use her electronics Sunday night.
How does she know that? Did she actually go into the school laptop usage history? Same for the phone?
Using an electronic doesn’t mean just texting and calling.
Did she go by only what SS told her?
Perhaps because she knew she was unable to because she was already deceased. Otherwise, it sure is a puzzling statement from JS to have known that. Unless she was sent to bed as soon as she got home (or decided to on her own) and either left all her devices downstairs, or was told to leave them downstairs. I would have thought a 13 yo would have been so pumped up from what looked like an enjoyable party that she'd want to chat with all her friends online about it when she got home until late in the evening.

Mail returned? Does this mean he sent someone a letter and they refused to accept it so it went back to him or?
No it means the court sent something to someone’s last address of record. However, it wasn’t forwarded, which some documents are not legally allowed to be forwarded, so it was returned to the court.

If you don’t give your employer your new address, your W-2 cannot be legally forwarded. That usually means the employer can charge for a reprint after you provide, in writing, (email) your new address.

No it means the court sent something to someone’s last address of record. However, it wasn’t forwarded, which some documents are not legally allowed to be forwarded, so it was returned to the court.

If you don’t give your employer your new address, your W-2 cannot be legally forwarded. That usually means the employer can charge for a reprint after you provide, in writing, (email) your new address.
Thank you.

Perhaps because she knew she was unable to because she was already deceased. Otherwise, it sure is a puzzling statement from JS to have known that. Unless she was sent to bed as soon as she got home (or decided to on her own) and either left all her devices downstairs, or was told to leave them downstairs. I would have thought a 13 yo would have been so pumped up from what looked like an enjoyable party that she'd want to chat with all her friends online about it when she got home until late in the evening.
Was mom present when Maddie returned from the birthday party?

A lot of this would be so much clearer for our discussions if JS especially had said anything like "She came into the living room and showed both of us her presents. We all had cocoa and then since it was a school night, MS put her phone here on the counter to charge and went to bed".

Since both SS and JS tended to give more detail for other things, would have been helpful!
we're left not knowing if JS was home that night, although the information we have otherwise is JS worked from home, so it is reasonable to assume she was. She might not have been though, as some kind of mandatory work meeting might be the reason for her not attending MS party.

A lot of this would be so much clearer for our discussions if JS especially had said anything like "She came into the living room and showed both of us her presents. We all had cocoa and then since it was a school night, MS put her phone here on the counter to charge and went to bed".

Since both SS and JS tended to give more detail for other things, would have been helpful!
we're left not knowing if JS was home that night, although the information we have otherwise is JS worked from home, so it is reasonable to assume she was. She might not have been though, as some kind of mandatory work meeting might be the reason for her not attending MS party.
But even if we had more information from JS or SS, would we believe it? I wouldn't. There are too many glaring inconsistencies in what they've said for me to believe anything else they said / might say about how either of them spent Sunday (all day / night), or Monday.

Bee, where was it substantiated she worked from home? I might have missed that.

But even if we had more information from JS or SS, would we believe it? I wouldn't. There are too many glaring inconsistencies in what they've said for me to believe anything else they said / might say about how either of them spent Sunday (all day / night), or Monday.
IMO, no I wouldnt believe it going forward. SS's media interview was confirmed to be all BS and JS stood by 'his story' and recited it on his behalf. cloaked in we we we.

How would she know that Madeline when straight to sleep without using her laptop if she wasn't there? I think she was MOO.
How did she know that Madeline was dropped off at school if she wasn't there? I don't believe anything she has said at this point. I think I'll wait for the officials to tell us their version of what happened before I consider whether JS may possibly have told even a smidge of truth as her daughter was "missing".

We we we but who called 911? Just wondering...
And "WE" dont know much,
WE dont know how maddi got to and from the party
WE dont know the reason Jenn didnt go.
We dont know where they were before the garbage bin surveillance at 7:35
We dont know what he did all day from 8:19 to approx 2pm.
We dont know where Madi was after he came back to the complex.
We dont know where JS was all day or if she had any contact with SS
and the list goes on...
I'm with @photographer4 Im waiting for more official word b/c WE may not know but Im pretty sure LE does.

How did she know that Madeline was dropped off at school if she wasn't there? I don't believe anything she has said at this point. I think I'll wait for the officials to tell us their version of what happened before I consider whether JS may possibly have told even a smidge of truth as her daughter was "missing".
it also crossed my mind: she states he DROVE the car, but her use of 'we' infers she was observing as a passenger. he does the same thing in his interview. he lamely attempts guilt/accountability/grief starting with "I", but wont say he is the last person with Madeline, that 'saw' Madeline.

comparing both of their interviews, makes me wonder who is covering for who for her murder.

Q: Alright, so Stephan, you seem very emotional right now, explain to us.

SS: (Nods) I dropped her off, everything looked fine when I drove away, that's the last time WE saw her.

then JS:
Q: Um Jenn, go ahead and tell us what's going on with Maddie.

JS: Well (sighs) um, Monday morning WE took her to school, WE dropped her off close to school across the street from a church which is very -- it's right next to the school um, she crossed the street um, and um, walked to school, what WE thought walked to school um my boyfriend who drove her to school, walk-- drove away at that point um, it was seen on video footage that she hung out in the parking lot of the church for a few minutes and then got up and walked towards the school but she never made it that walk from and that was around 9:00 a.m. when she got up uh she never made it to school after that um, it's right next to the school I don't know why she didn't make it I don't know if something happened on her walk along the way away or she got taken but, she never made it.

I think it means they're bringing in experts in SA arena to testify about perpetrator behaviors. But that is a total guess. I'd say that will be used for this monster's defense.
I worked in civil law, not criminal, but trial always required two witness disclosures from each party -- one list of fact witnesses, i.e. people with first-hand information, and one list of expert witnesses.

I'm so unsure about the "straight to bed" account. LE has never said whether MS texted/chatted/shared photos with her friends during her party or on the ride home. If she did so, she might've "gotten it out of her system" early and then turned in early at home. Granted, this would be unusual for a teen, as mine tend to use their cells as late as they can get away with it, but there was also mention of the adults taking MS's phone at times, so maybe the phone was "parked" in the kitchen or elsewhere once she was supposed to be in bed.

Sadly, feigning exhaustion (or even illness) and going straight to bed might have been an attempt to ward off SA that night. It may have worked in the past for her. :(
Stretching your theory a little more...
Maybe he drugged them both Maddie on the way home from the party which would explain a 'straight to bed', and Jenn when she came home from work.
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member