Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #180

Status
Not open for further replies.
In quotes below is a copy/past of the language on the fundraiser page (which I'll not link here).

"no funds collected will be offset against ... " = no funds collected will be used to pay ...

after this phrase, a list of parties/items the funds won't be used to pay are listed.

JMO
Thanks; that's how I interpreted it, too.

One thing I think that's important to remember is information on the experts is ex parte. I don't think it would be advisable to post on the site all the details of exactly where the money was going to.

See there Ruth’s Chris Cowboy Cut ribeye is not excluded.
They have only given a narrow scope of what it will not be used for and insinuated using vague wording that funds collected MIGHT be used for paying for experts. Everything else is open to DH’s discretion. No audit necessary
Call me jaded but DH has decades of legal experience, the vagueness of his wording is not by accident IMO
My suspicions are supported by the increasing goal for funds- they know how much the experts cost. They already asked the judge for it. So why the increase from the original amount? iMO they discovered people are gullible enough to open their wallets with blind trust.
JMO
I'm curious as to what kind of accommodations you find acceptable for the experts while they're in town testifying? Include all the experts the P is bringing in, too.

I was wondering: if the D needed this funding, couldn’t they have approached RA’s wife and asked her to head up the fundraiser? Would that have alleviated concerns of ethics on part of the D as well as concerns around administration of the funds? Maybe they did ask her and she declined so they proceeded?

When KA sold the family home, would RA have gotten a share of the sale directly or not since they’re still married? Couldn’t the funds from the sale be used in his defence? Just trying to catch back up. Ty in advance.
BBM
RA gave KA a POA which allowed her to sell the home and claim those funds as her assets alone. It allowed RA and to claim indigent status even though the paid in full home was listed and sold quickly for a significant sum of money.

They have only given a narrow scope of what it will not be used for and insinuated using vague wording that funds collected MIGHT be used for paying for experts. Everything else is open to DH’s discretion. No audit necessary
Call me jaded but DH has decades of legal experience, the vagueness of his wording is not by accident IMO
My suspicions are supported by the increasing goal for funds- they know how much the experts cost. They already asked the judge for it. So why the increase from the original amount? iMO they discovered people are gullible enough to open their wallets with blind trust.
JMO
When I found out the gimmie money was now accepting checks made out to DH personally, I had a side eye roll so hard it still hurts. Is this a separate account opened up in DH's name or is he just going to throw it in the pot of his own business account or personal checking account was that stated anywhere?

Word-isms and footnote paraphrasing are a specialty of this group and their SM enablers. IMO

DH is in his 70's, his career is winding down, maybe he just decided to jump on the RA & Company $$$$ train and ride along with the rest of them. I wonder if they're thinking who might play their characters in an upcoming Netflix Special or Movie.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

MOO

JMO

As to increases from original asks:
Attnys do not necessarily know - at the initial engagement - how much an expert will be used (or how much they will ultimately cost). Expert work comes in phases, if you will.

e.g.
The first expert engagement may be to assist attorneys with initial discovery data interpretation. After that, should attorneys decide they need further info from the P's discovery witnesses .. they may need to re-engage same expert to assist attorneys in developing appropriate questions for P-witness or possibly P-expert depositions in that area of expertise. If the expert issue is determined to be material that should be examined at trial, the D's expert might need to be further engaged for trial, to present expert testimony to the jury.

JMO

Last edited:
BBM
RA gave KA a POA which allowed her to sell the home and claim those funds as her assets alone. It allowed RA and to claim indigent status even though the paid in full home was listed and sold quickly for a significant sum of money.
Are you sure it worked that way? I don't have the info as to when she sold her house or when she was given POA.

I do know Judge Gull found him unable to hire counsel and was entitled to Court-appointed counsel and investigation. That was when she put B&R on the case: Nov 14, 2022. He still owned the house at that time.

I've often wondered what her criteria was for choosing that particular team.

Last edited:
BBM
Do we want to force the spouses and children of those accused into indigence?
Play this out... RA (who is presumed innocent until proven guilty) doesn't claim indigent status, the house and all assets are liquidated for his defense. What happens to the innocent spouse and children? This strikes me as collective punishment for something that hasn't even been litigated yet.

BBM
Oh let's not rehash that...I was raked over the coals for many threads over asking simple questions about that. I do believe you are correct, but I also think his wife shouldn't be left penniless because she was married to a monster.

The mental, physical and constant media toll this woman has had to endure would be unbearable to me. I think I would quietly divorce, change names and relocate once this trial is over.

jmo

Are you sure it worked that way? I don't have the info as to when she sold her house or when she was given POA.

I do know Judge Gull found him unable to hire counsel and was entitled to Court-appointed counsel and investigation. That was when she put B&R on the case: Nov 14, 2022. He still owned the house at that time.

I've often wondered what her criteria was for choosing that particular team.
Rozzi is DP certified, not a lot of PD are. moo

So these three red-circled filings were not listed as ex parte but as "excluded from public view". Don't recall seeing that language before. What's the difference...ex parte is excluded from everyone's eyes except the filer and the judge while "excluded from public view" means the opposing side's council can also see it along with the judge, and that's it? It's not discovery or potential discovery, it would just be listed as discovery, right?

What would be the difference in the actual documents...ex parte vs exclude from public view...being filed by the defense?

1712776025139.jpeg.jpg

So these three red-circled filings were not listed as ex parte but as "excluded from public view". Don't recall seeing that language before. What's the difference...ex parte is excluded from everyone's eyes except the filer and the judge while "excluded from public view" means the opposing side's council can also see it along with the judge, and that's it? It's not discovery or potential discovery, it would just be listed as discovery, right?

What would be the difference in the actual documents...ex parte vs exclude from public view...being filed by the defense?

View attachment 496489

My Bil's docket has the same entries, one is for his PSI report.
He got out of IDOC about a month ago and is now on house arrest. Said he liked Westville better than the last place he was at before his release.

View attachment 496489
If I may be so bold as to take a wag ... it's time for in limine motions/hearings - getting evidence and experts approved and Gull may have gagged/sealed certain of these proceedings/evidence/experts and/or witness lists etc... Hearings may be closed but ... RA would need to be at these hearings ... might require transport/alternate accommodations for RA for pre-trial and trial - could be in the works. JMHO

Ohhh I see what you said, that one did a flyby lol. So geeez, does that mean what I think it might mean with RA!? That would be news!:oops:

No, I think the D just wants to protect some information or it is IN law they do. My bil getting out on house arrest was not a surprise as he motioned for early release and was granted it. The Notice of Exclusion of Confidential Information from Public Access I assume is protected information like SSN or DOB or address. No biggie, I see it often. Sorry I didn't explain myself very well! No way RA is getting out before trial imo.

BBM
What do you consider a “significant” amount of money? Do you actually know what she got for the house? KA likely felt she had no choice but to leave her home. I would guess the amount the house fetched would be no where near the amount needed to launch a robust defence including experts needed to counter the funds available to the State for experts. Dollars to donuts the State is spending more than $45,000 for their experts. Will NM have to account for every dollar? JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapper_physicist