4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #93

It's worth considering your theory, but we have no proof of him speeding in the area that I'm aware of. He made an illegal turn and got a ticket for that and we know about alleged following too close on his road trip home but I haven't seen speeding tickets yet, have you?

Not specifically. I am mentioning speeding because the officer in the Indiana video pointed out that when traveling that fast you should not be following that closely. I still don't know if all of that was a rouse but it gave me an impression that he was not mindful of the speed limit in comparison to the stopping distance, etc. I think it's more in general that he may not be a careful driver. JMOO

Last edited:
another footprint outside by evidence marker 3 which was behind that old sofa in the backyard that appeared to be a hiking boot or hiking shoe print, IMO. You can see the second print here, 3rd photo down
RSBM
@Balthazar Is this the photo you're referring to?
Maybe it's my eyes, but I can't tell at all what is being labeled there. Could be anything... Is there a clearer pic that shows it's a shoe print?

idaho-students-killing-scene-investigators-02.jpg

One thing I learned following the Pike County massacre was that the prosecution had a lot more evidence than we ordinary folks knew about before the trial.
Thank you for stating that, I say it all the time and people think it's just wishful thinking. The State purposely holds back incriminating information that leaves us all shocked when the case does go to trial. That Pike case was one for the record books.

I believe that will happen here (BK is toast IMO) and also in the Delphi case.

moo

Thank you for stating that, I say it all the time and people think it's just wishful thinking. The State purposely holds back incriminating information that leaves us all shocked when the case does go to trial. That Pike case was one for the record books.

I believe that will happen here (BK is toast IMO) and also in the Delphi case.

moo
Holding back evidence really does make sense, otherwise the prosecution released could pollute the jury pool themselves. Plus, certain things lose their impact with repetition. Ideally, IMO, the evidence should nearly all be fresh information to the jury.

RSBM
@Balthazar Is this the photo you're referring to?
Maybe it's my eyes, but I can't tell at all what is being labeled there. Could be anything... Is there a clearer pic that shows it's a shoe print?

View attachment 498732
I enlarged the image for myself after I saw others on the internet had done the same. I'm aware photos on the internet can be messed with. IMO, it does show a hiking shoe or hiking boot print (deep tread, oval around the front of the shoe with a different center tread, deep tread on heel around the outside edge with different center tread. This is a classic hiking shoe/boot print.) IMO, based on appearance, it is a fairly large men's size hiking shoe or boot print. And, seeming to confirm what this was, we know from the list of evidence collected at BK's parent's home in Pennsylvania, boots were taken into evidence along with shoes with a diamond pattern on the soles from his apartment, so IMO, LE was trying to find a match to this print as well as a match to the latent print found inside the house near DM's bedroom which the PCA said had a diamond pattern similar to Vans. LE were clearly looking for shoes with a diamond pattern sole at BK's apartment, but by the time BK was in Pennsylvania, they had begun looking at hiking boots/shoes and work boots, as well. You can see the 12/29/22 search warrant for BK's apartment here:
It says police are to look for:
"4.Clothing, including but not limited to dark shirt(s), dark pant(s), Mask(s), shoes with diamond pattern sole." (page 26)

However, the property list linked below, shows that 2 pairs of dark boots and 1 pair of brown boots were taken from the Kohberger residence on page 4 of 4 Receipt for Property from 12/30/22:
So this indicates to me that what they were searching for in terms of footwear was broadened by 12/30/22 and why would it be broadened? Well, this is a crime scene with 2 different footprints either of which may or may not be that of the assailant.

What we don't know yet is if LE determined if this print was related to this crime or not or found a match. I assume there is the possibility that it could be from someone who attended a party at 1122 previously, IMO. On the other hand, the shoe print was there, in the backyard of a crime scene and was marked by CSI, so I'm not going to discount it until we hear and see the evidence at trial and find out if this shoe print is a part of it and if it is the size BK wears and if LE found a match among BK's shoes.

All JMO.

I wonder if BK fancied himself a marine. Did he walk around in uniform and have a credibility about himself because of it? A look no one questioned, just accepted at a glance?

Did he drive to Moscow in military attire? Special Ops black? Switch out of combat boots to stealth sneakers before entry?

You know how there are LE imposters? Phony uniform, illegal light bar.... someone like BK could easily conduct a little experiment -- is he treated differently depending on how he dresses? Maybe he gives off creepy vibes no matter....

KBar sure completes the picture though.

It's got me wondering. Did he create his own super ego?

jmo

Based on the original alibi statement it is even possible that the car LE first spotted in Pullman was not BK's car.

The above leads me to this inevitable question: IF BK left Pullman BEFORE midnight on the 12th and did not return home until the next morning on the 13th, then whose car was LE watching at 2:44am in Pullman per the PCA page 7?

Snipped by me--when the video captured around 3:30am on Indian Hills Dr shows a white vehicle matching his, without a front license plate, it's going to be an almost impossible sell to the jury that the other cars captured in the natural progression of travel and the appropriate times are not all his car too. If the defense wants to convince a jury it's not his car, they MUST start with the footage of the one without a front license plate a mile from the crime scene.

Snipped by me--when the video captured around 3:30am on Indian Hills Dr shows a white vehicle matching his, without a front license plate, it's going to be an almost impossible sell to the jury that the other cars captured in the natural progression of travel and the appropriate times are not all his car too. If the defense wants to convince a jury it's not his car, they MUST start with the footage of the one without a front license plate a mile from the crime scene.
yes actually I read PA doesn't require front license plates and that's why he didn't have one. A few days after the murders he got WA plates. A coincidence? I don't think so Only my opinion of course I will try and find my source

I think it probably is a coincidence because the plates were expiring. If he planned it that way, it backfired. He would have been better off having the front plate if it couldn't be read on the camera footage. The lack of the front plate would convince me more than any headlight expert the prosecution could bring into court that this was his car. The odds are just too big. MO

I found this interesting and probably relevant :
"The South Taurids run from about September 10 until November 20, peaking around November 4/5. The North Taurids overlap them, running from around October 20 to December 10, peaking around November 12/13." (BBM)
"Those viewing after 2 a.m. should face west."
"The last time the Earth encountered a concentration or swarm of Taurid meteors was in 2015"[...]"The next predicted Taurid swarm is in 2025 and will most likely be weaker than 2022 [...]Beyond that, 2032 appears to be an exceptional year, as the moon will be new and Earth will pass very close to the center of the swarm."
Source:

MOO:
If BK can show that he went out to view the South Taurids on Nov 4/5, his claim of being out to watch the sky on the night the North ones peaked might seem more plausible.
We really don't know anything about BK's hobbies, other than running. Maybe he really is into stargazing. For someone who was known to be a night owl and a loner, stargazing honestly doesn't strike me as an unlikely hobby.
2022 appears to have been a special year to watch the Taurids. I suppose, if you're really into it, or have nothing better to do, maybe you hang around and look, even if there's fog/clouds, hoping it'll clear or maybe you'll still be able to see a few fireballs. They can be as bright as the moon.
Remember how just a few weeks ago, lots of people watched the eclipse, in spite of not being in the path of totality and having overcast skies? They were just hoping to experience something anyway.
I still lean towards guilty, out of faith in the FBI's work on this case, but this "Moon & Stars alibi" might turn out to be no laughing matter after all. The phone data will be the key for sure.
JMO!

I found this interesting and probably relevant :
"The South Taurids run from about September 10 until November 20, peaking around November 4/5. The North Taurids overlap them, running from around October 20 to December 10, peaking around November 12/13." (BBM)
"Those viewing after 2 a.m. should face west."
"The last time the Earth encountered a concentration or swarm of Taurid meteors was in 2015"[...]"The next predicted Taurid swarm is in 2025 and will most likely be weaker than 2022 [...]Beyond that, 2032 appears to be an exceptional year, as the moon will be new and Earth will pass very close to the center of the swarm."
Source:

MOO:
If BK can show that he went out to view the South Taurids on Nov 4/5, his claim of being out to watch the sky on the night the North ones peaked might seem more plausible.
We really don't know anything about BK's hobbies, other than running. Maybe he really is into stargazing. For someone who was known to be a night owl and a loner, stargazing honestly doesn't strike me as an unlikely hobby.
2022 appears to have been a special year to watch the Taurids. I suppose, if you're really into it, or have nothing better to do, maybe you hang around and look, even if there's fog/clouds, hoping it'll clear or maybe you'll still be able to see a few fireballs. They can be as bright as the moon.
Remember how just a few weeks ago, lots of people watched the eclipse, in spite of not being in the path of totality and having overcast skies? They were just hoping to experience something anyway.
I still lean towards guilty, out of faith in the FBI's work on this case, but this "Moon & Stars alibi" might turn out to be no laughing matter after all. The phone data will be the key for sure.
JMO!
Ice fog that night. No star gazing.

I think it probably is a coincidence because the plates were expiring. If he planned it that way, it backfired.
Is there a reson to think that front license plates are more subject to observation and photography? If not, I see no real criminal benefit to not having one. Maybe he figured he was cutting the viewable identifiers in half, but like you said this creates a visual identifier all it's own.

Wow, not everyone is a fan of the Defense Phone Analysis Expert:

<snipped>

District Court Judge Juan Villaseñor (2022) ruled that ZetX’s Trax mapping was inadmissible and based on a “sea of unreliability” after other experts found the technology to be problematic.

“For one, the Court doesn’t find R credible,” Villaseñor wrote, adding: “He inflated his credentials, inaccurately claiming to be an engineer.” He went on to say that R has “no qualifications, licenses, or credentials to support” calling himself an engineer and that there’s “no evidence that R’s taken any engineering classes.”

Villaseñor also took exception with how the Trax algorithm wasn’t open to “scientific scrutiny.”

“While R stands by his formula, it hasn’t gained traction in the scientific community,” the judge wrote. “The methodology and algorithm aren’t published or subject to peer review, and they’ve been routinely labeled as junk science by the relevant scientific community.”

University of Idaho murder suspect's alibi defense puts spotlight on cellphone data analyst

EBM: Removed name to initials

Last edited:
yes actually I read PA doesn't require front license plates and that's why he didn't have one. A few days after the murders he got WA plates. A coincidence? I don't think so Only my opinion of course I will try and find my source

He went and got a front Washington plate that November because his birthday is November 21st.

2 Cents

If I ever get charged with anything in ID, I’d want AT as my attorney. She’s not going to get BK off as the evidence is to strong, but she is doing her job to ensure he gets a fair trial, very well.

Edited to add MOO.

She is doing a great job for her client and so the People of the State of Idaho will not have to worry that BK's future appeal filings will result in anything other than being DENIED....2 Cents

It will be interesting when we finally see that footage.

But IMO, the defense case will be that BK left Pullman before midnight and was West or Southwest of Pullman until the next morning. Logically, they will attempt to show that if BK was never in Moscow between midnight and the next morning and remained in Washington the entire time, he could not have committed these crimes.

All JMO.

Wow, not everyone is a fan of the Defense Phone Analysis Expert:

<snipped>

District Court Judge Juan Villaseñor (2022) ruled that ZetX’s Trax mapping was inadmissible and based on a “sea of unreliability” after other experts found the technology to be problematic.

“For one, the Court doesn’t find R credible,” Villaseñor wrote, adding: “He inflated his credentials, inaccurately claiming to be an engineer.” He went on to say that R has “no qualifications, licenses, or credentials to support” calling himself an engineer and that there’s “no evidence that R’s taken any engineering classes.”

Villaseñor also took exception with how the Trax algorithm wasn’t open to “scientific scrutiny.”

“While R stands by his formula, it hasn’t gained traction in the scientific community,” the judge wrote. “The methodology and algorithm aren’t published or subject to peer review, and they’ve been routinely labeled as junk science by the relevant scientific community.”

University of Idaho murder suspect's alibi defense puts spotlight on cellphone data analyst

EBM: Removed name to initials

This judge's comments are ignorant as to what an engineer actually is. Fundamentally, you do not have to take engineering classes to be an engineer or to describe or call yourself an engineer. Some engineering disciplines do not even require sitting for the PE exam (for example Aerospace engineering.) Here are three famous examples of engineers all of whom had zero formal engineering training: Thomas Edison (no college or technical school at all), Alexander Graham Bell (teaching college) and Elon Musk (degrees are physics and economics) but no one would dispute that all of these men were/are engineers. According to what Judge Villaseñor wrote, he would disagree that any of these men were/are engineers simply because they never took any engineering classes.

You could claim Cy Ray is not an engineer by schooling, but he has decades of experience which has given him the same expertise.

And in this case from 2023 ZetX Trax was found to be 94% to 96% reliable and Cy Ray was established by the government to be qualified to testify as an expert: United States v. Snipes, CRIMINAL 1:16-CR-212 | Casetext Search + Citator

"The government has established Ray is qualified to offer expert testimony on the subject of radiofrequency geolocation analysis of mobile devices and, based on his expertise in that area, the reliability of Trax's methodologies. Ray has extensive law enforcement experience, including decades of field experience reviewing and analyzing CDRs, estimating locations of cell phones based on those CDRs, testing various mapping options, and ultimately developing software to create an alternate visualization of a cell phone's approximate location. That Ray is not an engineer or academic is of no moment; he has precisely the type of “practical” experience that has allowed him to develop “specialized expertise” in this field. See Elcock, 233 F.3d at 741 (citation omitted); Schneider, 320 F.3d a".

"Trax's methodology is testable, and Trax has been tested by (and has seen its algorithm updated as a result of) millions of drive tests by both Trax itself and by its end users, which one defense expert agreed is “the gold standard” for testing accuracy of cell site coverage areas. Trax has a 94 to 96 percent accuracy rate or, inversely, a 4 to 6 percent error rate. Ray explained Trax's error rate is even lower in rural areas (like many of the areas at issue sub judice) due to lower cell tower density. The scientific foundation on which Trax's methodology primarily rests, namely, radiofrequency horizontal planing and CDRs, is not novel and is generally accepted, and Ray testified Trax itself is widely used by approximately 700 law enforcement agencies."

All JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dontstayin
Back