4 Univ of Idaho Students Murdered, Bryan Kohberger Arrested, Moscow, Nov 2022 #93

If he wore a mask the whole time, how did D.M. hear him say "I'm here to help you"?
There is "mask" as in something that is created to be a mask and there is "mask" something covering your face. If you have a neck gaiter you pull up over your face, a ski mask you pull down over the face, a kerchief over your face, one can usually hear what the wearer is saying. If you have a close fitting non woven mask, it is harder to hear. If I were dressed to possibly get blood on my attire, I'd be covering up as much as possible, that I could get off without smearing anything on myself. Gaiter could be rolled down with all blood inside and pulled over your head (depending on the gaiter). Face mask could leave the neck exposed, but be easy to remove.

Although, IIRC, it was that the witness heard a male voice say something to the effect of "it's ok, I'm going to help you." It makes me think the hearer of the words wasn't exactly sure of the words, which would mean it may have been muffled or not clear. Each of us who hears the word "Mask" can have something different in mind than another person who hears the same word.

Edited to fix spelling. Spell check needs some decent AI or I need to do my own check better :)

And edited to add, we only know he was wearing something covering his mouth and nose when the witness saw him. Other than that is anyone's guess.

Last edited:
Probable Cause Affidavit states that Kohberger's phone was turned off between 2:47am and 4:48am.

That is 2 hours of "blank" time. So how can this defense expert overcome this?

To show Kohberger was far away from King Rd at 4:00am means the cell expert has cell tower data pinging to Kohberger's phone at 4:00am when his cell was turned off.

IMO
AT is just doing her job.
The lady seems to be ambitious, so she does her best for her client.
And for her career and reputation as a lawyer.
Nothing more, nothing less.

Their relations are professional and I think the accused trusts and respects her.
As any accused should feel about his/her Defence lawyer.
That is my impression.

The only thing that surprised me was when AT allegedly publicly said that she believes in her client's innocence.

IMO a lawyer should keep things strictly professional,
leaving personal opinions at home.

Just concentrate on the job.
Do things that need to be done.
Concentrate on facts.
Guilt vs Innocence is for the Jury to decide.

But maybe I misunderstood this info? :rolleyes:
I have to find this quote.

JMO

Not Anne Taylor it was attorney Elisa Massoth....QUOTE.....

“Our defense team firmly, firmly believes in Bryan Kohberger’s innocence and right now he will be tried in a county that believes he is guilty. "

Could simply mean they believe in the court term - innocent before being proved guilty.

Defendants should be assumed innocent until proven guilty by a jury of their peers.

Last edited:
Affidavit: "The 8458 Phone does not report to the network again until approximately 4:48 a.m. at which time it utilized cellular resources that provide coverage to ID state highway 95 south of Moscow, ID near Blaine, ID (north of Genesee)."

So how'd he suddenly pop back up on the radar 26 miles away near Blaine? Blaine's 26 miles away from Wawawai. It's also closer to Moscow than it is to Pullman.
1713582799476.png

"At approximately 5:30 a.m., the 8458 Phone is utilizing resources that provide coverage to Pullman, WA and consistent with the phone traveling back to the Kohberger Residence."

Personal photos from him....apparently..........

Attorneys stated his solo drives were supported by data that placed him “in the countryside late at night and/or early in the morning on several occasions” and included “numerous photographs … depicting the night sky.” Some of the photos, attorneys stated, were taken in November 2022.

If he was the type of loner that enjoyed driving aimlessly around at all hours of the night, it makes sense he'd have a few pictures of the night sky. Lots of people snap weird photos when they are just goofing around wasting time.

The bad part for him is that solo males driving around for no reason in the wee hours of the morning are often peeping Toms, burglars or worse. I don't think it will be lost on the jury.

Unfortunately she has to, it's her job to defend BK. I actually admired AT and her handling of this case until the last hearing and a coupe of Motions she filed recently. Even though I believe BK to be guilty, he is entitled to a competent and vigorous defense as are all Defendants.

AT went from extreme professionalism to flustered and accusatory against the State recently. It wasn't her finest moments. I wonder if the pressure of a DP case and having to deal with BK is causing her great angst? I'd really love to know what their interactions are like. :eek:

MOO
In some of the pictures of the hearings, he smiles at her in a creepy way, imo. Almost like he is flirting with her or feels they are really 'close' and thinks she enjoys spending time with him. I think he creeps her out by now.

Idaho stabbings: Bryan Kohberger denied bail in first court appearanceIdaho stabbings: Bryan Kohberger denied bail in first court appearance
Creator: Ted S. Warren | Credit: AP
Copyright: Copyright 2023 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Can someone explain to me why there isn't more DNA evidence? How is it possible to violently attack and kill 4 people with a knife and move around the house and not leave evidence of DNA. Wouldn't he have possibly left spit from the exertion? AFAIK his mouth wasn't covered like the rest of his body.

As for the phone, IMO there will be lots of evidence. The defense knows this and is trying to disprove the reason he was there. If the phone was off you must let BK off!

But this ain't OJ nor is it a celebrity trial. Ahem!

I'm still puzzling about more DNA.
He wore gloves and a mask and covered his body completely, had a hoodie up to cover his head?

Yeah imo D is going to do it tough in such a scenario unless they can show that AT&T subscribers and/or BK regularly lost coverage in the middle of Pullman. I've just got a hunch D is planning to use their ping man Sy Ray in some other way, It's not going' to amount to much imo especially if BK turned his phone off for those two hours. My understanding is LE phone forensics will reveal if that's the case.' Possible D's gonna use Mr Ray to question the phone forensics and propose phone wasn't turned off (I contend forensics show it was switched off). Can''t see that working for the D but who knows. Moo
Plus, I think CAST will show the historical usage of BK's phone. What was his normal pattern of use over 12 months? Did he typically turn off his phone for a couple of hours each night, or ever? Historical data will blow this attempt at an alibi out of the water IMO.

It sure looks bad for BK if he only turned his phone off during the times he was in and around King Street.

MOO

Plus, I think CAST will show the historical usage of BK's phone. What was his normal pattern of use over 12 months? Did he typically turn off his phone for a couple of hours each night, or ever? Historical data will blow this attempt at an alibi out of the water IMO.

It sure looks bad for BK if he only turned his phone off during the times he was in and around King Street.

MOO

Interesting what @Boxer said about the phone.......Boxer's opinion only......

There is an alibi defense here, and MOO it is why in the PCA the MPD stressed that BK changed his phone to a AT&T cell phone.

AT&T has a poor reputation for providing accurate location data and of poor data collection.
BK would be aware of this reputation as it is a topic among criminologists and law enforcement.

MOO AT has selected a place, the Snake River Canyon with no cell towers or reception and placed BK there, she will fight eveything probably except the 2:47 Pullman ping at Hwy 270 and Stadium Way and the Blaine ping at 4:48 am.

AT will fight the AT&T data based on its poor reputation with a defense friendly cell expert and then pull an admission of AT&Ts poor reputaion from a prosecution cell expert on hostile cross, while providing a place BK "could" have been...MOO

Interesting what @Boxer said about the phone.......Boxer's opinion only......

There is an alibi defense here, and MOO it is why in the PCA the MPD stressed that BK changed his phone to a AT&T cell phone.

AT&T has a poor reputation for providing accurate location data and of poor data collection.
BK would be aware of this reputation as it is a topic among criminologists and law enforcement.

MOO AT has selected a place, the Snake River Canyon with no cell towers or reception and placed BK there, she will fight eveything probably except the 2:47 Pullman ping at Hwy 270 and Stadium Way and the Blaine ping at 4:48 am.

AT will fight the AT&T data based on its poor reputation with a defense friendly cell expert and then pull an admission of AT&Ts poor reputaion from a prosecution cell expert on hostile cross, while providing a place BK "could" have been...MOO
Interesting, but I don't believe it will negate the real kill shot...DNA. Jurors love DNA.

JMO

Interesting, but I don't believe it will negate the real kill shot...DNA. Jurors love DNA.

JMO

Look at all those killers from 30 years ago, convicted through DNA. And exonerated through DNA.

No cell records, no surveillance ring camera stuff, no eye witness giving a description that refuses to rule you out.

Just DNA

2 Cents

Probable Cause Affidavit states that Kohberger's phone was turned off between 2:47am and 4:48am.

That is 2 hours of "blank" time. So how can this defense expert overcome this?

To show Kohberger was far away from King Rd at 4:00am means the cell expert has cell tower data pinging to Kohberger's phone at 4:00am when his cell was turned off.
MOO AT means to show, due to AT&T being sub par generally on data keeping that it is uncertain that he wasn't somewhere else.

But to get to the 4:48 am ping by Blaine - at the very minimum BK was "driving around" just south Moscow to get there and not over in the ice fog at Wawawai Park down in the Snake River Canyon at 4:00 am.

In some of the pictures of the hearings, he smiles at her in a creepy way, imo. Almost like he is flirting with her or feels they are really 'close' and thinks she enjoys spending time with him. I think he creeps her out by now.

Idaho stabbings: Bryan Kohberger denied bail in first court appearanceIdaho stabbings: Bryan Kohberger denied bail in first court appearance
Creator: Ted S. Warren | Credit: AP
Copyright: Copyright 2023 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
I don't wish to invoke the nightmare, but imagining BK as depicted in the photo above, in the dark, front lit by a goodvibes sign, dressed in black, with his head and mist of his face likely covered, my mind registers that brow. Not much else to see and it is so prominent. Bushy eyebrows or not, that ridge creates an illusion of shading that only draws more attention to the eyebrow line.

No question in my mind that the roommate stared into the abyss. She is beyond lucky to have survived. Unlucky as he'll to have come that close to a monster, still reeking and reeking from what he'd just done. I don't know how long it would take me to breathe easy after dark, in doorways, around masks... four obvious victims in this case but no shortage of secondary victims. He violated her sense of security, in her own home. Burglary doesn't begin to capture it.

When he convicted -- and I'm confident he will be -- there's one extra sentence I wish judges could somehow exact -- to purge the abyss of mental images related to the crime. He should have to forego those. It's not right that he should get to sit in prison and relive or relish anything. Lingering violation. He shouldn't get to have that.

JMO

I don't wish to invoke the nightmare, but imagining BK as depicted in the photo above, in the dark, front lit by a goodvibes sign, dressed in black, with his head and mist of his face likely covered, my mind registers that brow. Not much else to see and it is so prominent. Bushy eyebrows or not, that ridge creates an illusion of shading that only draws more attention to the eyebrow line.

No question in my mind that the roommate stared into the abyss. She is beyond lucky to have survived. Unlucky as he'll to have come that close to a monster, still reeking and reeking from what he'd just done. I don't know how long it would take me to breathe easy after dark, in doorways, around masks... four obvious victims in this case but no shortage of secondary victims. He violated her sense of security, in her own home. Burglary doesn't begin to capture it.

When he convicted -- and I'm confident he will be -- there's one extra sentence I wish judges could somehow exact -- to purge the abyss of mental images related to the crime. He should have to forego those. It's not right that he should get to sit in prison and relive or relish anything. Lingering violation. He shouldn't get to have that.

JMO

One thing that the prison can do is not allow him any photos of his victims.

If someone sent him photos of this sort the photos would first go through a prison mail security check where they look for drugs - like under the stamp - and read content and see photos.

There are strict rules for what kinds of photos an inmate can receive and no one in their right mind would allow a murderer to keep photos of his victims in his cell.

Killers like to have "trophies" something personal from their victim or have photos and I do not see BK sitting in his cell with any of this.

2 Cents

One thing that the prison can do is not allow him any photos of his victims.

If someone sent him photos of this sort the photos would first go through a prison mail security check where they look for drugs - like under the stamp - and read content and see photos.

There are strict rules for what kinds of photos an inmate can receive and no one in their right mind would allow a murderer to keep photos of his victims in his cell.

Killers like to have "trophies" something personal from their victim or have photos and I do not see BK sitting in his cell with any of this.

2 Cents
I would like his brain scrubbed of mental photos. If only...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yigerendelu032
Back