Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've posted some pictures of the area (taken a few minutes ago):
http://web.mac.com/th0r/bb/Photos.html

These are great pictures, IMBY. They really help to understand the geography and vegetation of that area. It is really a pretty area, so sad that we're looking at it under these circumstances.

I wonder if the people in the rental house are moving? Possibly because of this whole mess? I wouldn't blame them one bit.

Fox News just reported that Raymond Gagnon was charged with possession of child *advertiser censored* when he lived in Cullman, AL.

ETA Oops, I didn't see gigi's post above. Sorry, Gigi.

Isn't this something that Brooke's mother would have had to have known about? Or this is the reason that relationship broke up. However, she was willing to allow Brooke to be around him and there was also a local poster here that said she kicked out Tim the drunk because RG was coming back?

From Fox News website...

Raymond Gagnon, 40, is charged with having child *advertiser censored* at his former home in Cullman, Ala., federal prosecutors in Birmingham said in a statement.
According to the statement, Gagnon also tried to access ex-stepdaughter Brooke Bennett’s MySpace account "on or about" June 26 from a library computer in Cullman. June 26 is the day after Brooke, who was 12, was reported missing in Randolph, Vt.

Does anyone have an idea of how long it takes for the inmates on death row in a federal prison to be executed?

Also, if MJ serves his term in a federal prison isn't that a better type prison than state?

Yes, it is a better type prison but you have to serve every day of your sentence...no parole and no early release.

I would agree with many of you. AR crossed a line - she wanted to hurt Brooke -- she said so in her email. The question is why?

I was also struck by the reference to Savanna as that . Had she seen through Jacques? Why didn't Cassandra and Denise speak, and how were the cousins still on speaking terms. There is so much more going on here. I wonder how much will come out.

To me, there is also a HUGE difference between killing your abuser or those who didn't help you and seeking out a fresh victim. I'm probably in the minority here, but I had sympathy for the Menedez brothers and believed they were abused by their father.

Helping your abuser find new prey and by your own words, wishing harm on that innocent person? That can't be excused under the rubric of victimhood. Most victims NEVER harm anyone, let alone procure someone to be abused.

I totally understand what you are saying and I do not excuse AR's role in this one bit. I am sickened by what she said about Brooke. I don't think she should be absolved BUT I don't think she belongs in jail at all.

I think there are tons of emails out there that we didn't get to see. You can tell because some of them didn't make sense and would only make sense if there were some missing emails in there.

From Fox News website...

Raymond Gagnon, 40, is charged with having child *advertiser censored* at his former home in Cullman, Ala., federal prosecutors in Birmingham said in a statement.
According to the statement, Gagnon also tried to access ex-stepdaughter Brooke Bennett’s MySpaceaccount "on or about" June 26 from a library computer in Cullman. June 26 is the day after Brooke, who was 12, was reported missing in Randolph, Vt.

So, he was in TX on the 25th, Cullman on the 26th... I wonder why he went there? To try to get rid of evidence of child *advertiser censored* in his house?

I have the utmost sympathy for AR, and I wouldn't send her to jail, but if I'm going to be consistent about generally not considering that child abuse/bad childhood/drug problems etc. are realistic excuses for committing crimes, then I can't absolve AR for her role in this tragedy.

I also believe that AR did not just leave the house while Jacques and Brooke went upstairs. It doesn't fit with the email exchanges or the plan.

I am open to re-evaluating AR's culpability if/when more comes out about exactly what she has endured and why she says she wrote those emails.

That may be your opinion..but AR is a victim and until such time she is shown not to be a victim then I won't bash her. She is a child who was not only let down by her family, but abused sexually by her step-father and was told she would have her throat slit if she came in second in the Breckenridge ordeal.. Now that to me says she is a victim who has to keep doing what she is told or she will die.

To me, there is also a HUGE difference between killing your abuser or those who didn't help you and seeking out a fresh victim. I'm probably in the minority here, but I had sympathy for the Menedez brothers and believed they were abused by their father.

Helping your abuser find new prey and by your own words, wishing harm on that innocent person? That can't be excused under the rubric of victimhood. Most victims NEVER harm anyone, let alone procure someone to be abused.

Yes, and the fact that she knew about the plan for at least a month that we know about & still had no spark of consciousness towards protecting her own cousin means she's very, very far gone already.

I totally understand what you are saying and I do not excuse AR's role in this one bit. I am sickened by what she said about Brooke. I don't think she should be absolved BUT I don't think she belongs in jail at all.

I think there are tons of emails out there that we didn't get to see. You can tell because some of them didn't make sense and would only make sense if there were some missing emails in there.

I would commit her to a psychiatric hospital, the length of time to be dependent upon what her involvement in Brooke's death actually was...which I believe to be more than she has admitted to.

No question her mother failed her absolutely, I would have already charged Denise with child neglect and child endangerment and her butt would be in jail right now.

So, he was in TX on the 25th, Cullman on the 26th... I wonder why he went there? To try to get rid of evidence of child *advertiser censored* in his house?

He sure traveled alot in a couple of days. IMO, he was trying to leave a trail that didn't go back to his ISP.

He sure traveled alot in a couple of days. IMO, he was trying to leave a trail that didn't go back to his ISP.

He was living in San Antonio, right? That's a 13 hour drive to Cullman, AL. That's a lot of driving to get on a library computer. I also believe that KG knew or is involved in this somehow.

Hi, I've been following this since the beginning, but haven't posted--I haven't had anything to add (amazing how the minute I have a question, I find it here already asked and answered. I am very impressed by everyone here)

Anyway, I just saw this on CNN (I couldn't find it posted here--I apologize if it was and I missed it), and it jumped out at me that MJ had gone to visit Gagnon in Texas (and met with Grosenheider, too) at least twice. What reason would he possibly have to go to Texas to visit his ex-brother in law? Was he transporting the pictures in person? :waitasec:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/07/07/missing.vermont.girl.ap/?iref=mpstoryview

This report says he accessed her myspace from alabama through a library computer. So where was he really? His laptop was in Texas and those e-mails were traced to there according to other reports.

From Fox News website...

According to the statement, Gagnon also tried to access ex-stepdaughter Brooke Bennett’s MySpaceaccount "on or about" June 26 from a library computer in Cullman. June 26 is the day after Brooke, who was 12, was reported missing in Randolph, Vt.

It makes you wonder just how much *advertiser censored* these guys had if some of it was found in Cullman. Also the safe puzzles me..suppose it wasn't just *advertiser censored*..but also cash from selling some of this *advertiser censored* on the internet. I just don't think they traded this among themselves. With the money they were spending on the machine, etc..I think they had a *advertiser censored* business going that was on the internet.. I could be wrong, has happened before, but each day more comes out the more I wonder about that issue.

We really don't know if AR did or did not say something when all the abuse started, it's possible she did try to reach out for help at some time during all the years of abuse. We've all read the stories of children who are not believed because it's easier for the adults to turn a blind eye.
I am not thinking of AR as she is now at 14 and involved it luring her cousin to a house, I think of the 9 year old little girl who no doubt had the same things done to her that she spoke about in the e-mails. I am saddened and regret with all my heart that no one was there to save her.

VB

My impression as well.

" I am worried about him, please come up with a plan that makes it so ---- gets to have at least a few hrs with her. You get time with her if you want"

This, to me, implies a real, tangible person who could show up in person. Seems sloppy if intended as another mind-game. Possible evidence of this "third man"?

Yep that is exactly what I thought, this is not someone that is just made up, it really sounds like a third person is to be involved.

The newspaper in Cullman said the house was vacant.

I thought I had read that the house of vacant. I guess he still owns the house....otherwise how could they prove it was his. Unless, he is in some of the pictures.:eek:

I'm now leaning toward Kevin G. being involved in the child *advertiser censored*. If he told LE exactly where he put the safe they can surely track when it was picked up and where that trash was dumped.

Their failure to find this safe after this much time makes me think he lied about what he did with it...the only reason he would lie is that he's involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sheepranch