Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick question - do we know approximately how long MJ was around/living with AR's mother before the abuse started? AR said she was 9 when she received the note, how long had she known MJ at that point?
Denise's mother was interviewed by one of the news stations and commented that MJ has been her son-in-law for twelve years, so AR must have been 2 years old when her mother married him.

How many times has Denise been married? Three, four?

Three times. She married two brothers then an RSO. She obviously doesn't know when certain boundaries shouldn't be crossed.

quick question - do we know approximately how long MJ was around/living with AR's mother before the abuse started? AR said she was 9 when she received the note, how long had she known MJ at that point?

if only she had just taken the note to her mother... (not blaming her, just imagining how simply this could have been avoided with just a small twist of fate) surely AR's mother couldnt have ignored her 9 year old daughter being given a note saying she was to be given sex training by her stepfather... could she?!

Yes, I think she could, given what else she has ignored over the years.

Three times. She married two brothers then an RSO. She obviously doesn't know when certain boundaries shouldn't be crossed.

ooooh, ok....right, right!...thanks for reminding me of that Suzi....then Woodard would be her maiden name....

I would say MJ started brainwashing AR at a very young age and turning her against her mother. AR probably felt like if she took the note to her mom something awful would happen. Maybe AR would have to move out and go live with her bio dad, or she would kick MJ out etc. I would say AR felt like there wasnt a soul in the world she could turn to except MJ because thats what he convinced her of.

I could swear I saw a post from someone who'd determined that she had been married to two brothers with the last name of Rice, but for the life of me I can't find it. If that's true and Woodward is also a married name, she's had at least four husbands.

ETA: Woodward was her maiden name? This family tree is as convoluted as one of those Mafia organization charts you see in RICO trials.

Woodard is her maiden name.

I could swear I saw a post from someone who'd determined that she had been married to two brothers with the last name of Rice, but for the life of me I can't find it. If that's true and Woodward is also a married name, she's had at least four husbands.

ETA: Woodward was her maiden name? This family tree is as convoluted as one of those Mafia organization charts you see in RICO trials.

Is that possible? When did he get out of Prison??

i don't know about that, Chica...just responding to the fact that Denise's mama said Jacques had been her son-in-law for 12 yrs.....

how long was he in prison???....i thought i read 4 yrs??..maybe 6???...wasn't it in 1993 that he went to jail??? (i'm confused on this, obviously)

eta...12 yrs would put them married in 1996.....hmmm

Mj could have also convinced her that Denise knew and didn't care. Or that Denise was part of the Breckenridge program. I can't remember the case but there was a girl who was abused by her father and he convinced her Mom knew and wasn't going to do anything about it. I think MJ took it further. I think he convinced AR that Denise knew AR was chosen and was fine with it. I think then he set out to pin them against each other. He could have been working on Denise too, telling her how AR needed guidance, a father figure etc.... I know as a teenage girl, my mom and I didn't get along at all. Imagine in this situation how easy it was to push it even farther.

here we go, Chica....

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8618279

Court records released today show his sex crime history began in 1985 when he was 18, charged with having sex with a 15-year-old relative.

She told police he had sex with her at least 100 times starting when she was eight.

But she refused to testify against him, so the charge of lewd and lascivious conduct had to be dismissed.

Eight years later, Jacques was convicted of a kidnapping and raping an 18-year-old woman in Rutland.

Court records say she was gagged and handcuffed with a rope around her neck while he subjected her to depraved and humiliating sexual violence for four hours.

His sentence called for six years in prison to be followed by 14 years on probation into 2013.

But, after four years behind bars, he was released and then petitioned for early release from probation. He had the full support of his probation officer

more at link above....

appears that MJ was released from prison in 1997....(going by all the dates above, in the article)

According to the Burlington Free Press,
Jacques was convicted of kidnapping and aggravated sexual assault of an 18-year-old West Rutland woman in 1992. He served four years of a 6-to-20 year prison term and, under an order signed by Judge Amy Davenport, was released early from probation in 2006.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080708/NEWS01/80707017/1007/NEWS02

Denise must have married him the minute he got sprung.

Here's a link to the interview a reporter from that paper conducted with Brooke's grandmother.
http://www.burlingtonfreepress.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880701027

There is a link on that page to an on-camera interview with Mrs Milne. Hindsight being 20-20, when I watch it now I can't help but think she knew that Brooke was dead before her body was found.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I have been having a terrible time sleeping for the past week and a half. I spend so much time on this site, my right hand is numb from working the mouse, and my neck has a permanent 'kink' in it.

Anyway...the more I think about it, the more I think this is the ONLY thing in MJ's life where he feels he has any kind of control. Just the way he manipulates AR in the emails, "...I hear your mom is taking calls from your FATHER and flirting, and crap ... I'm a little worried about your mom and dad...there is talk around town that your mom is talking about divorcing your dad...she isn't very nice to him...snippy and bitchy to him...telling her to tell the counselor that she doesn't like the way her mom treats her dad...".

It seems to me he doesn't have backbone enough to stand up for himself to his wife, or even his stepdaughter, for that matter! I know he is not normal, but any HALF-WAY normal adult would talk to their spouse or child face-to-face and tell them directly how they feel, not all this passive/aggressive behavior - and not dragging children into their spousal relationship. It just makes me sick in-and-of itself...and this is not even getting so far as the sexual abuse he has been subjecting AR to for all these years. I can't help but to feel sorry for AR...the poor kid never even had a chance to get a fair shot at a 'normal life' with this sick pervert in her life...it just makes me ill.

Thank you for letting me rant...
:rant::no:

Chica,
The one part of the rant you left out was, who was responsible for bringing a RSO into the home. Who decided all the children in the family were safe living with a RSO? Who had the power to stop this entire mess?
Who had clues in the palm of her hand & turned her head the other way?
Who was in court today standing by her man?

DENISE!!!!

If someone could take a moment and check the Vermont registry, and tell me if they find Michael Jacques listed? I am not finding him listed any longer?

Court records released today show his sex crime history began in 1985 when he was 18, charged with having sex with a 15-year-old relative.

She told police he had sex with her at least 100 times starting when she was eight.

...and he was 11.

here we go, Chica....

http://www.wcax.com/global/story.asp?s=8618279

appears that MJ was released from prison in 1997....(going by all the dates above, in the article)

Thank you so much, Close! Unbelievable! I think Denise's mom has to be off though, because if he was released from prison in '97, that's only 11 years ago, and I'm certain (almost, anyway!!) that somewhere it said they got married after he was released from prison...I don't know anymore - too much info and too many players to keep straight!
:crazy:

i don't know about that, Chica...just responding to the fact that Denise's mama said Jacques had been her son-in-law for 12 yrs.....

how long was he in prison???....i thought i read 4 yrs??..maybe 6???...wasn't it in 1993 that he went to jail??? (i'm confused on this, obviously)

eta...12 yrs would put them married in 1996.....hmmm

Ibelieve he only served 4 years of a sentence where the minimum was supposed to be six. But he was such a fine example of a rehabilitated sex offender they let him off early, with probation and sexual offenders school. This means he was abusing AR while attending classes to not abuse her and got flying colors. Isn't that lovely..maybe we need judges on the bench who have more info in sex offenders and only try those cases. All other occupations are very specialized..why not judges if they can't tell a pervert from the next guy..maybe they need to be in traffic court.
If I am wrong on dates, timed served correct me..don't even go there with me on judges unless you live in a state where the judges are elected called magistrates..even my mom says that's the dark ages.

Filly , Girlfriend where are you..you know in our state all you need to do is buy an election to be a magistrate..you don't need a law degree, nor do you need to have ever practiced law.

DD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member