MO MO - Kara Kopetsky, 17, Belton, 4 May 2007 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I feel that it's important to look into both scenario's as well as other's. The fact is, that Kara COULD be a runaway, or she could have been adbucted by a complete stranger, or things could have gotten out of hand at home, or with Kylr. We just don't know, and I think it's important to keep an open mind. There is virtually no evidence to go on in this case.
I have seen it posted a few times that there was an extensive investigation done on Kylr and he was cleared. However, I have only seen one news story about this in which Kylr himself states he passed an LDT. That doesn't justify proof, in my eyes. And even if he did pass an LDT, they are said to not be all that reliable. There are many rumors about Kylr trying to hurt or control Kara or hurt himself to gain her sympathy. There are also rumors about Kara's relationship with her mother and her step-father, and rumors of his dominant personality.

Are the rumors of Jim Beckfords controlling personality any more reliable than the rumors of Kylr's controlling personality? I am choosing not to rule out either one until more is known about Kara's disappearance.

As always, Thinking of Kara and praying for her safety and guidance.

bump for Kara... its been too long. There are signs up for her over here on the Kansas side.

Great job, Sleuthster! I don't recall seeing that photo before, but doesn't mean it didn't exist. I haven't checked out her family site lately.

It is a sick joke if this person isn't Kara. LE should be made aware of these. Especially troubling is the second one you listed.

Female
18 years old
BLUE SPRINGS, Missouri
United States

Last Login: 7/1/2008

kara i love my boyfriend kylr

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=392906138

Kara Kopetsky's Interests
General Name: kara Birthdate: 2/17/90 Birthplace: germany Current Location: bum **** egypt Eye Color: hazel Hair Color: depends on when you see me Height: 5.4' Piercings: ears and belly button Tatoos: not yet Boyfriend/Girlfriend: FAVORITES Food: little ceasers, cheap and GOOD! Candy: skittles!! Number: 7 Color: red Animal: huskey Drink: yea Alcohol Drink: Bagel: Letter: Body Part on Opposite sex: This or That Pepsi or Coke: not impressed with either McDonalds or BurgerKing: mcdonalds yum yum :) Strawberry or Watermelon: strawberry Hot tea or Ice tea: ice tea Chocolate or Vanilla chocolate Hot Chocolate or Coffee: coffee Kiss or Hug: hug Dog or Cat: puppy Rap or Punk: Summer or Winter: summer Scary Movies or Funny Movies: Love or Money: YOUR... Bedtime: Most Missed Memory: summer 05 Best phyiscal feature: First Thought Waking Up: damn it! Fears: the dark and being alone Longest relationship: 9 months HAVE YOU... Ever Drank: yea Ever Smoked: yea Pot: yea Ever been Drunk: yea Ever been beaten up: Ever beaten someone up: Ever Shoplifted: Ever Skinny Dipped: yea Ever Kissed Opposite sex: yea Been Dumped Lately: no IN A GUY/GIRL Favorite Eye Color: green Favorite Hair Color: brown Short or Long: Looks or Personality: personality Hot or Cute doesnt matter Drugs and Alcohol: doesnt matter Muscular or Really Skinny: doesnt matter RANDOMS Number of Regrets in the Past: too many to count What country do you want to Visit: italy How do you want to Die: happy Been to the Mall Lately: yea Do you like Thunderstorms: yea theirs one going on right now Get along with your Parents: so so Health Freak: no Do you think your Attractive: decent looking Believe in Yourself: sometimes Want to go to College: no but i need to Do you Smoke: yea Do you Drink: yea Shower Daily: of course Been in Love: yea Do you Sing: when theirs music on Want to get Married: someday way in the future Do you want Children: someday Have your future kids names planned out: no, theirs no rush

Kara Kopetsky's Details
Here for: Networking, Dating, Serious Relationships, Friends
Orientation: Straight
Hometown: b-town
Body type: 5' 4" / Average
Ethnicity: White / Caucasian
Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
Smoke / Drink: No / No
Children: Someday
Education: High school
Income: $250,000 and Higher

"ykstepokarak"

Female
18 years old
atlanta, Georgia
United States
Last Login: 5/9/2008

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=378286545

I think you are right. While we know the BF was in the wrong in that situation, I think people are only judging him by the past. While it is easy to pick out the logical suspect because of abuse in their past...it isn't always accurate.

As I understand it, the step-father is quite controlling and to me...watching the interviews...I feel he has something to hide. He bothers me and always has. I feel the mother is intimidated by him when they are on television. If she feels that way...I can only venture a guess as to how Kara would feel about him and visa versa. I don't see Kara being intimidated, but actually disrespectful and downright hateful would be my best guess. That would be a normal teen reaction to someone trying to control her that is not actually a parent. If that person had also done things which she deemed inappropriate to her...she wouldn't hesitate to act out, but might not neccessarily tell anyone. Girls in such situations do this every day. It could have led to a huge argument between them if she came home early that day from school and he took it too far.

SS I also feel the same as you & Busy do.
I think LE needs to go back & really look this over.....

OK That explains it. Someone obviously has taken her myspace and duplicated it including the survey. However, it doesn't explain who would be pretending to be Kara...which is a horrible thing to do. I hope LE knows who it is.

Surely LE could trace the IPs of who created those myspace pages. Has anyone here contacted Belton LE? Even if its nothing more than a sick joke, it should be investigated.

Some thoughts, just my opinions:

On the new MySpace pages....

In today's hyper-media culture, urban myths, lies and hoaxes can easily become reported as fact and facts are often ignored or buried underneath sensational material that has no credibility or truth. The new "Kara" pages could be anything but regardless they should be looked into by LE. I am hoping/thinking by now someone reached LE about them if not someone from here.

The troubling thing about one of them (the Atlanta one) is that it's not really being used. Typically, identity theft on MySpace is common and most of these creeps use other's profiles to Spam people with all sorts of phony ot tawdrid services. I don't see that here. So, it could be a moron with nothing better to do and doesn't even know Kara's story but saw an unused profile. It could a friend trying to lure someone, it could be someone letting us know the perp is in Atlanta or that Kara is in Atlanta. Or, it could be mindless nothing.

But, I really have a hard time believing Kara would be okay today, living in Atlanta as a legal adult now and allowing her little brother and friends suffer. I can totally understand a furious teen absolutely disgusted with 'home' and her 'hometown' etc. and ditching it all but after a year, I would like to think most people calm down and reflect on how some people she cares about are hurting.

I like to think Kara would have reached out to the fam or someone by now to give the heads-up that she left on her own will, is okay and is starting a new life outside Belton.

Anyhow, these MySpace pages really should be looked at though just in case.

Now, onto her stepfather. I have been involved in searching or helping publicize Kara's situation from about the third week she was missing and God forgive me and I really, really do not mean to hurt anyone who is innocent so please...this is just my conjecture and feeling.....but I believe Kara's stepfather is involved somehow if not outright guilty of harming her.

And, besides all of the things that fellow members have posted here earlier...his demeanor, behavior, reputation etc....there is ONE thing he did that has stuck with me and troubled me from the start.

He went to Kara's place of work the afternoon she went missing and didn't show up at home. In fact, if I recall correctly, he went to the Popeye's 'looking for her' and to ask if any of her co-workers had seen her and he did this within the first few hours of her not coming home.

To me, this is key.

Again, I don't want to accuse a man who could be innocent but we can only go by the facts we have before us and our research and instincts. So this is mine.

I believe to this day, his visiting the Popeye's was something that came straight out of crime drama television....a guilty party makes sure he/she is seen in some high profile place to demonstrate concern so that he/she has an alibi of sorts.

Why did he go and not her mom? Why would he seemingly haste away to where she worked behaving as if he knew something was already wrong and act as if he was desperately seeking her out already?

I just can't shake my feelings that his appearance just hours after she didn't come home means something in the sense of him attempting to cover himself.

I mean, he could have CALLED the store.

And, if it's true that Kara and he had a stormy existence at home it would be reasonable for him to have thought she was skipping class/being rebellious and would turn up later on. Instead, he acted almost immediately gravely concerned.

Now, she had just had the drama with the boyfriend that past week, so wouldn't he have called the police first if he was so concerned about her well-being?

Well, for me, his showing up at the Popeye's indicts him in my eyes. If he really believed she would be there, he could have called. Given his relationship with her, what was he going to do? Show up at the store and berate her in front of everyone? Maybe, I guess. But I think there's more to that decision to go there.

Welcome to WS, SearchHawk! You are preaching to the choir here. I agree with everything you said! I have been an outspoken person on the subject of the step-father for a long time. My clincher was the note left by the mother and signed with her name and Kara's brother's name...leaving his name completely out of it. It sounded like an apology and was put on her door, if I recall correctly (IIRC), the day after she went missing.

I agree with it being strange that he went to Popeye's, too. He could have simply called them. You hit on some good points as to why he could have been there.

LE (Law Enforcement) needs to go back to square one and take a long hard look at the situation between the step-father and Kara.

Well, Seriously Searching, since we're simply discussing thoughts/beliefs/conjecture....let me add this.

I of course agree that LE needs to go back to square one etc. but I, for one, do not trust the Belton PD. Not at all. Now, I am not even talking about how they screwed up this case from the start and many incidences of strange behavior the BPD has demonstrated in this case.

I am talking about that I reserve in the back of my head the very real possibility someone in the BPD is either directly involved in Kara's disappearance and committed a crime or that a member of members of LE in that town suspect or know who did it and due to close relationships and/or that person may have dirt on them, has essentially cold-cased this situation intentionally.

I have long-held three distinct posssibilities about Kara:

1--the stepfather did something to her.

2--Kylr did something to her.

3--A member of LE in Belton or someone who knows LE in that town did something to her and this is basically an "in-job" of covering up.

There are days when I believe #3 is more plausible than #1.

Bumping to keep Kara on the first page.
Praying everday Kara is soon found safe. We wont forget or ever give up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thelittlebunny