Brooke Bennett, 12 years old Randolph VT #19

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously you guys, all Brooke wanted was to meet a guy she thought was in to her. That's all. He was unfortunately for her, completely made up by MJ and AR. Give the girl a break. She had no clue what was coming at her. Doesn't anyone remember when they were 12? Can you imagine Brooke's broken heart when she realized it was all a lie and she had been betrayed by people close to her?
To be honest Suzi, I can't imagine anything she experienced that day...the poor sweet thing.

The reason I don't buy the theory is because they spent SO LONG planning this kidnapping.

IF someone is a risk to you... you deal with it IMMEDIATELY, you don't take chances.

No they were leisurely in their planning how to reel her in.... there only concern was making sure people were at work & wouldn't spoil their fun.
Or perhaps, they were waiting for someone to come?

While I agree with discussing things pertinent to a case to the max, I honestly don't believe that Brooke being abducted, tortured, and murdered has anything to do with if she was active or not. I don't think we need to be going there personally. Since when is a victim's prior sexual behavior part of such a case? We don't even go there when we discuss a hooker being abducted/tortured/murdered.
I totally agree!

Thats what is great about our country. WE have the right to decide for ourselves if we want to watch whatever is broadcast or we have the right to read whatever is written. It is like a television station....you can always turn the chanel.
Great point!

I read the affidavit again and the (take down) went from wednesday back to monday and then changed again to wednesday, I also wandered if the police were at the funeral for the protection of savanna, she was not well liked, and or was viewed as a threat.And I still find it strange that Brooke would leave her cellphone home. But the police could have located it. Makes me wander,just my thoughts.
I know it had been briefly discussed EM that perhaps MJ returned her phone to her house sometime during the day.

Are we reporting that the Gov of VT is now saying that it was a mistake to release MJ before?! Because according to them...it is what HE is saying now. Does that mean it was a mistake to do it...or a mistake was made and is the reason they did it?!

Sorry, was just a replay of Greta without Greta.

Are we reporting that the Gov of VT is now saying that it was a mistake to release MJ before?! Because according to them...it is what HE is saying now. Does that mean it was a mistake to do it...or a mistake was made and is the reason they did it?!

Sorry, was just a replay of Greta without Greta.
Thanks, SS...I think calling it a mistake is a great understatement. The guy was lucky he wasn't in office at the time. But, good 'ole Howard Dean was!

This is my 2 cents on some of the topics being posted about. Never do we as sleuths and advocates for victims , re victimize them. Alive or not... we do not make them victims over and over again. Once was enough.... plus the families are victims.... even though I don't give the mothers a free pass , they are still family members. This family is far and wide due to divorces and re marriages. The many members of it are now victims right along with Brooke. There are children involved here.... not only Brooke's siblings but Juv1/AR has a sister. Even AR herself is a victim and all the talk about how she is a lost cause is horrible... she is still a child and not a lost cause. Yes she has been damaged beyond belief but we don't throw our children away. We work to save them. She might never have a normal life , but she is worth a shot at it. Every child is. It just takes work. Hopefully the state will see that she gets the help she needs to point her in the right direction.
I guess I'll step off my soap box. I didn't mean to offend anyone, just stick up for the victims, including the family.
Bravo, Becca! You certainly did not offend me!

Seriously you guys, all Brooke wanted was to meet a guy she thought was in to her. That's all. He was unfortunately for her, completely made up by MJ and AR. Give the girl a break. She had no clue what was coming at her. Doesn't anyone remember when they were 12? Can you imagine Brooke's broken heart when she realized it was all a lie and she had been betrayed by people close to her?
I could not agree more with that scenario! Thanks, Suzi!

As I posted earlier, I personally don't think she was sexually active yet.

However, I think LE would be remiss in not pursuing the possibility when creating her profile, if for no other reason than to discount AR's email suggestion that Brooke could be lured by the prospect of meeting up with a "hot guy".
I don't believe I saw the original post where you stated you didn't, but if you think that "hot guy" means sex...you don't know the lingo. We are not interested in any past experience she has had unless LE determines it could be important which I don't think so. If they determine she was molested, I don't consider that her being "active" in any terms. Now, can we put this to rest?!

Yes ma'am! Totally, totally, totally agree. Thank you!

It is what breaks my heart over and over. Before anything physical happened to Brooke, this is what breaks my heart. She trusted people that betrayed her so badly.

If I could put them all in a category to be punished for the brutality of that, I would.

hot guy =sexy appearance
Thanks, Marly! Means he is a cute boy. I believe she only saw his photo. (which was fake) To her..was a cute boy.

And I sadly remembered that her cousin also pretended that it was a cute boy interested in her for her birthday.

I must say...it makes me angry at AR even more even though I know she is a victim. She is certainly part of this. When DO we draw the line of victim and perp?

does anyone suspect that the adult emails on brookes site [that caused her father to shut down the site] where mj posing as someone else?

does anyone suspect that the adult emails on brookes site [that caused her father to shut down the site] where mj posing as someone else?
The timing is right and yes..I have wondered about that. It wouldn't surprise me. There was something that Jim took his stand on.

from what ive read ,brooke was an all around wholesome girl ,she laughed alot, made friends easily, innocent girl verses creepo pedophile. if brooke had survived she could have been the one in the family to break the victim cycle.

from what ive read ,brooke was an all around wholesome girl ,she laughed alot, made friends easily, innocent girl verses creepo pedophile. if brooke had survived she could have been the one in the family to break the victim cycle.
Thanks for saying it! I think you are so right. She was the one.

Sadly, the reason she was targeted.

As a Vermonter who was a teenager not too terribly long ago, I take going to party to mean get drunk and/or hang out with friends.

I agree and I'm a small town Vermont girl who was a teenager less than ten years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wrensparrow