Nancy Cooper, 34, of Cary, N.C. #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Speaking of the former girlfriends or women he dated, do you recall any of them saying he was controlling or jealous? Did he cheat on them? This would strike me to be par for the course with him.

Was he a perfectionist?

I think it is very interesting what you said about this:

I can't recall anything about jealousy. In terms of controlling, that may fit but more in a passive-aggressive way. His style was not direct confrontation. He would never tell someone he didn't approve of something, but instead would have a tendency to withdraw, pout, or get back indirectly, but do it such that you'd know he was doing it with a purpose.

Perfectionist? Sure, that would describe him very well. He was into fitness at the time, but not marathons or ironmen competitions... I think it speaks for itself that he progressed to that level.

I'm going to get the goods that will bring old memories back over the next few days when I talk to people who were more heavily involved with him than me, and if there's something very telling and which isn't private, I'll share it. I don't want to expose people who don't want their stories told. Sometimes you can tell a story and those close to the group will know exactly who you are talking about... and its not my place to share secrets. I have nothing to hide from Brad, and I'll tell my stories, but I won't tell someone else's unless its appropriate to do so. You can all judge that hearsay for yourselves.

And lets remember, he might be a victim here. Time will tell.

Let me add one thing before I stop posting for the night:

If he did it, I would expect the motive to be based on money. I would not expect that he was afraid of losing his wife to another man as much as he would not want to face the economic consequences.

I'm going to get the goods that will bring old memories back over the next few days when I talk to people who were more heavily involved with him than me, and if there's something very telling and which isn't private, I'll share it. I don't want to expose people who don't want their stories told. Sometimes you can tell a story and those close to the group will know exactly who you are talking about... and its not my place to share secrets. I have nothing to hide from Brad, and I'll tell my stories, but I won't tell someone else's unless its appropriate to do so. You can all judge that hearsay for yourselves.

And lets remember, he might be a victim here. Time will tell.
I understand exactly what you are saying and respect you for keeping in mind others' private situations concerning Brad. We will look forward to hearing anything you remember personally.

Yes, he might be a victim. He also might have murdered his wife and taken away two innocent children's mother. I believe it is not going to take them long to determine which way this hammer will fall. (My personal belief is there is no other way for it to fit together. If no one saw her on Sat. am...it goes back to Brad.)

If he did it, I would expect the motive to be based on money. I would not expect that he was afraid of losing his wife to another man as much as he would not want to face the economic consequences.
I would totally agree with you. He has at least 346,500 reasons of motive in the house alone.

I am glad mentioned Passive/Aggressive behavior because it is what I was getting from your comments. You also said he "stewed on things". It makes me wonder if she didn't get him into a confrontation he did not want to be in and his reaction was to explode if only to make her stop. How would he react if he were backed into a literal corner?

I want to know where HIS family is! I hope they aren't like the Entwistles or Petersons. :eek:

Just found this:
Brad is the son of Medicine Hat College academic vice-president Terry Cooper. A source from Terry Cooper’s office confirmed that Terry is currently out of the country. Brad also has a brother, Grant Cooper, who still lives in Medicine Hat. Grant’s wife Joy told the News Tuesday night that Grant was on his way to North Carolina to be with the family.

“He’s a little distracted — he’s just trying to figure out which end is up,” Joy said of her husband. “He only just found out she (Nancy) was missing.”

http://www.medicinehatnews.com/content/view/35911/65/

If this has been posted please let me know/delete ty:)
"Nancy Cooper had taken a break a few weeks ago, joining her Canadian family for a vacation in Hilton Head. She returned last week, and friends noticed she hadn't felt well.

A spreading silence

Tuesday, after police confirmed she'd been killed, Cooper's friends grew silent, reluctant to speculate.

"At this point we do not want to jeopardize the investigation in any way, nor do we want the hurtful images and stories to be propagated in a way that exacerbates an already incredibly difficult situation for those of us who were so close to Nancy," Morwick said in a statement
they know something... More than something... IMO

http://www.newsobserver.com/front/story/1143035.html

"Police say the woman's death was not random."

Translation : The victim knew her killer.

"Nancy Cooper had taken a break a few weeks ago, joining her Canadian family for a vacation in Hilton Head. She returned last week, and friends noticed she hadn't felt well.

A spreading silence

Tuesday, after police confirmed she'd been killed, Cooper's friends grew silent, reluctant to speculate.

"At this point we do not want to jeopardize the investigation in any way, nor do we want the hurtful images and stories to be propagated in a way that exacerbates an already incredibly difficult situation for those of us who were so close to Nancy," Morwick said in a statement

Thanks for the link, Celt. The pic of Nancy's mother and sister is just heartbreaking.

Maybe we will hear of an arrest today.............

"Police say the woman's death was not random."

Translation : The victim knew her killer.

Most murder victims do usually know their killer, don't they? LE already suspected that Brad had done this because of that statement.

I am thinking that Nancy may have been strangled or suffocated, and no signs of rape or sexual abuse. IMO, that would point toward the husband.

My sympathy to the family and children of Nancy. :rose:

At the end of the last press conference, the Chief of Police (Pat Bazemore) said she would hold another press conference Wednesday morning at 9 am with any new details. That is an hour and 20 minutes from NOW...

Oh it is referred to in this article...

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3207944/

Welcome, calgary123! I wish he had never married and that Nancy was just an ex-girlfriend.

A spreading silence

Silence IS golden. It speaks louder than words.

I totally agree with you, calgary123. I think the love left that marriage quite a while ago, at least on his side.

At the end of the last press conference, the Chief of Police (Pat Bazemore) said she would hold another press conference Wednesday morning at 9 am with any new details. That is an hour and 20 minutes from NOW...

Oh it is referred to in this article...

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/3207944/

We've seen this happen before where they will announce a future pc, only to delay it because there really isn't any new information. I was really surprised she said there would be one that soon after the last one. It would be nice to hear of an arrest, but it might be delayed till they have more to report.

I prayed all last night that Brad was being good to the children and if he did this that he'd just turn himself in and get it overwith.

He's under a tremendous amount of stress right now, guilty or not, and taking care of two little girls 4 and 2...is not an easy job in the first place.

It will be interesting to see what is said at the 9:00 press confrence, hopefully there has been an arrest.

I am looking forward to the PC. I am feeling that LE will announce a COD AND a POI. I am in Louisiana and may not get to hear the PC. I am hoping someone will post what is said. Thanks!

in the picture of brad walking out of the house with the baby seat he still has on longsleeves! Its in the news observer. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scooby-Doo