Skyla Whitaker, 11, & Taylor Placker 13 - Found Murdered - #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is it with the purse?! At her age, it was one of the most important pieces I owned. I didn't carry much in it except a pen, paper, and probably the Wrigley's chewing gum wrapper chain necklace I was working on...but it went EVERYWHERE with me. I don't find it at all surprising she had it to walk to the bridge at all. It is NOT unusual. I used to think it made me "look older and more mature". Probably the same reason she carried it...not to mention as a place to keep her cell phone and those markers the girls were obviously fond of using.

I remember those gum wrapper chains, SS! Lol!

I think you are right about Taylor's purse. It was said that every time she rescued a turtle from the road, she would write her name on the shell with a black marker. She had to be carrying a marker in something.

Will do dear. I can not remember if that place is open 24 or not. Its been a little while. Were loading now and it will be VERY late when were there tomarrow night. Anyone know if they are open 24? We got messed up on our trip back and were sitting at Coores in Colorado still. Dont know when we will get out of here. Were loaded, but we were over gross and had to come back to get the weight right and they still have not touched the trailer again.

PS: I love real southern cooking too. In fact I just love food! LOL I cook at home and we bring it with us and warm things up. I also have decent freezer space so we can freeze a lot of things and bring too. I am not huge on eating out. We mostly eat our own food but we do sit down a couple of times a week to eat, and always say the stuff in the truck is better.

My husband works for the company you were at ... what a small world!!!

I have always wondered if the girls hadn't gone for a walk that day would they still be alive? Did someone want one of them dead and so would have killed her/them somewhere else or did this stem from something that happened that day?

I have always wondered that myself. If that had not gone for a walk would they still be alive today? Boggles the mind doesn't it? I mentioned these girls to a co-worker of mine today (she had never heard of this case, if you can believe that) (also, she used to work as a police dispatcher) and the first thing she said was that when the killers (yes plural) would be caught, they would be white males, between the ages of 17 and 21 who knew the girls ( I think Taylor) and held a grudge for some stupid reason, their fathers probably owned a weapon or two and they were spurned romantically by either the victim or another girl and were taking their hostilities out on the girls.

This was posted on Monday, August 11th. The article states how many OSBI agents, criminal analysts and man hours are being put in to this case.

http://newsok.com/investigators-work-many-hours-in-weleetka-slaying-case/article/3281811
Thanks, I had read that...but it doesn't mean they are still holding to that number working the case at the moment. Most of what she said was in past tense except she did say at that time...there were still ten to twelve instead of the more than a dozen they started out with. :rolleyes: Of course, they are going to make it sound good no matter what!

I remember those gum wrapper chains, SS! Lol!

I think you are right about Taylor's purse. It was said that every time she rescued a turtle from the road, she would write her name on the shell with a black marker. She had to be carrying a marker in something.
Good point!

IIRC, last I read it was in the 60-65 percent solved and 35-40 percent unsolved.

It will continue to climb imo due to the criminals getting smarter about forensic evidence.

imoo

I think you are right about that and they watch these TV shows and see how other people commit crimes.

What is it with the purse?! At her age, it was one of the most important pieces I owned. I didn't carry much in it except a pen, paper, and probably the Wrigley's chewing gum wrapper chain necklace I was working on...but it went EVERYWHERE with me. I don't find it at all surprising she had it to walk to the bridge at all. It is NOT unusual. I used to think it made me "look older and more mature". Probably the same reason she carried it...not to mention as a place to keep her cell phone and those markers the girls were obviously fond of using.

I had purses at her age, too, but if I was just going for a walk in the neighborhood, I wouldn't have carried it with me.

Mine caught in my bike spokes and tumbled me more than once. Didn't keep me from taking it tho. In a small town...everywhere was "my neighborhood".

The purse may or may not be relevant.
It just seems to ME that if they were going on a casual walk (Skyla was wearing house slippers!) that Taylor wouldn't take her purse. I would think she would feel kinda dumb carrying a big ole purse down to the bridge if it was just a casual stroll. Of course maybe she carried her little chihuahua in it. Or something else besides markers.
Just sayin'

The purse may or may not be relevant.
It just seems to ME that if they were going on a casual walk (Skyla was wearing house slippers!) that Taylor wouldn't take her purse. I would think she would feel kinda dumb carrying a big ole purse down to the bridge if it was just a casual stroll. Of course maybe she carried her little chihuahua in it. Or something else besides markers.
Just sayin'
I'm not sure Skyla was wearing "house" slippers, it just said 'slippers". That could mean soft soled ballerina slip-ons for all we know.

We don't know the contents of the purse, that would have been turned over with their clothes and other found at the scene. For all we know it could have had a towel in it!

This info has been posted by other people but some of it I got it from my local source so read accordingly

Rose Whitaker spoke with Skyla on her cell phone (Skyla's cell phone) at about 4:30 and that time the girls were at the Placker house and everything was great. Rose had been OOT and had just returned and had stopped at the Farm just up the road from the Plackers where her Mother (Claudia Farrow) and Stepfather were working when she called and spoke with Skyla.

Sometime after that call Taylor got permission from GPa and GMa for her and Skyla to walk to the bridge.

5 PM (est) Joe Mosher passed the girls (and the POI) on County Line Road - the girls were walking toward home.

Rose Whitaker attempted to call Skyla on her phone again at about 5:05 PM to say she was coming to get her soon. She did not get an answer.

At 5:08-5:10PM Rose called GPa/GMa Placker on their cell phone to let them know she was coming to pick up Skyla shortly. She told the Plackers Skyla did not answer her phone and that she wanted Skyla ready to leave when she arrived because the Whitakers were having guests over and had planned to BBQ/grill dinner at their house Sun night. It is believed that at THIS TIME GPa/GMa Placker were NOT at home, but elsewhere in their vehicle.

GPa called Taylor on her cell phone and did not get an answer.

5:20-5:30 GMa and GPa Placker arrive home - probably with the small child heard on the 911 tape - GPa talks to Joe Mosher who says he just saw the girls walking home - after checking the house and property GPa Placker starts walking N on County Line Road to get the girls to come home.

5:35 - 5:41 PM The girls are found shot to death alongside the road 1/4 mile N of the Placker Driveway one the same side of the road as the driveway/Placker House and 911 is called

5:45 PM GPa Placker calls Rose Whitaker and tells her something has happened to the girls - she arrives with 5 minutes as she was less than a mile away. GPa Placker meets Rose at her car to stop her from seeing the bodies.

6PM 1st responders have arrived - stopping 1st at the Placker residence to the S of the crime scene. They take control of the scene and roadblock County Line Road from the road S of the crime scene and the Placker home, to Bryant Rd. The distance between the two roadblocks is aprox 2 miles. Rose's mom and stepdad Claudia and Jimmy Farrow arrive at the crime scene coming from N of the crime scene
6:15 PM OSBI has been notified and is dispatching personnel, equipment, helicopters etc to the scene.

On the scene now are Peter and Vicky Placker, Rose Whitaker, Joe Mosher and Claudia and Jimmie Farrow plus at least one unidentified child (who arrived with the Plaker G-Parents).

The crime scene was cleared by the time it began raining at aprox 4AM Monday morning - Joe Mosher left the scene and drove into Henryette, where he ate at the 24 hour Pig Out restaurant.

My Opinion

I've been thinking recently about the white truck with OK tags... Couldn't they filter out the Bureau of Motor Vehicles (or whatever it's called in OK) database for that? I would think the basic vehicle information (color, etc.) would be stored in there. Wouldn't that help narrow the search, at least? I know thousands upon thousands of records would probably be returned, but it's better than the probable millions of possibilities at this point. All of this is assuming, of course, that the truck and the (hopefully still current) POI are in any way involved; I realize we can't even know THAT for sure at this point. Also, I sent away for my bracelet today (gave them some extra $ for the cheerleading uniforms too), and I have already told myself I will wear it (at the very least) until they find out who did this. Cheers all!

I'm not sure Skyla was wearing "house" slippers, it just said 'slippers". That could mean soft soled ballerina slip-ons for all we know.

We don't know the contents of the purse, that would have been turned over with their clothes and other found at the scene. For all we know it could have had a towel in it!

Or a bar of soap. ya mmm hm.

This info has been posted by other people but some of it I got it from my local source so read accordingly

Rose Whitaker spoke with Skyla on her cell phone (Skyla's cell phone) at about 4:30 and that time the girls were at the Placker house and everything was great. Rose had been OOT and had just returned and had stopped at the Farm just up the road from the Plackers where her Mother (Claudia Farrow) and Stepfather were working when she called and spoke with Skyla.

Sometime after that call Taylor got permission from GPa and GMa for her and Skyla to walk to the bridge.

5 PM (est) Joe Mosher passed the girls (and the POI) on County Line Road - the girls were walking toward home.

Rose Whitaker attempted to call Skyla on her phone again at about 5:05 PM to say she was coming to get her soon. She did not get an answer.

At 5:08-5:10PM Rose called GPa/GMa Placker on their cell phone to let them know she was coming to pick up Skyla shortly. She told the Plackers Skyla did not answer her phone and that she wanted Skyla ready to leave when she arrived because the Whitakers were having guests over and had planned to BBQ/grill dinner at their house Sun night. It is believed that at THIS TIME GPa/GMa Placker were NOT at home, but elsewhere in their vehicle.

5:20-5:30 GMa and GPa Placker arrive home - probably with the small child heard on the 911 tape - GPa talks to Joe Mosher who says he just saw the girls walking home - after checking the house and property GPa Placker starts walking N on County Line Road to get the girls to come home.

5:35 - 5:41 PM The girls are found shot to death alongside the road 1/4 mile N of the Placker Driveway one the same side of the road as the driveway/Placker House and 911 is called

5:45 PM GPa Placker calls Rose Whitaker and tells her something has happened to the girls - she arrives with 5 minutes as she was less than a mile away. GPa Placker meets Rose at her car to stop her from seeing the bodies.

6PM 1st responders have arrived - stopping 1st at the Placker residence to the S of the crime scene. They take control of the scene and roadblock County Line Road from the road S of the crime scene and the Placker home, to Bryant Rd. The distance between the two roadblocks is aprox 2 miles. Rose's mom and stepdad Claudia and Jimmy Farrow arrive at the crime scene coming from N of the crime scene
6:15 PM OSBI has been notified and is dispatching personnel, equipment, helicopters etc to the scene.

On the scene now are Peter and Vicky Placker, Rose Whitaker, Joe Mosher and Claudia and Jimmie Farrow plus at least one unidentified child (who arrived with the Plaker G-Parents).

The crime scene was cleared by the time it began raining at aprox 4AM Monday morning - Joe Mosher left the scene and drove into Henryette, where he ate at the 24 hour Pig Out restaurant.

My Opinion

The above is bolded by me.
This would mean that Joe Mosher had to be the one who called in the POI! Once again I ask, "But why 4 days later!!!!!!!"
This timeline opens alot to me. 5 minutes between when he saw the girls AND THE POI and from when Rose called and they didnt answer!!!!
Something looks really fishy to me... and I really dont believe now that there was a poi!

Oh, and I am almost certain that is a one mile section from the County Line road that runs East and West, just south of the Plackers, which turns back east to Arbeka Cemetary, and to Bryant Road, otherwise known as East 1120 Road on Mapquest. That is just about a 1 mile section.

This is REALLY starting to look stinky to me!
How much can we trust this information that Joe Mosher saw the girls? I thought it was a big secret who called in the poi... unless uncle joe just forgot to mention it until someone called in 4 days later, and he said, "oh yea... I saw that too!" ya right.:waitasec:

Thanks so much for the timeline!

Do you think there's any possibility that Skyla just said they were at the Placker's house but they really had already left?

If GMa and GPa weren't at home, could the girls have also pretended to be at the Placker house but were really already headed toward the bridge?

Question: What was Joe Mosher doing in the area if the Plackers weren't home? Did he go there because he knew they weren't home? Why was he still in the area at 5:30 when the bodies were found?
If he saw the girls walking, why didn't he stop and talk to them? Since the murder scene was 1/2 mile from the Placker house, I would like to know whether this would be the normal direction for Joe Mosher to take to get to the house? Didn't the police come in from the other direction? This guy was all over the place that day. Makes me suspicious.

Whether or not they were home when the girls left could answer a lot of my questions.

Do they have a record of exactly what time this call was made?

My Opinion

These are just some things that have me thinking.

This would mean that Joe Mosher had to be the one who called in the POI! Once again I ask, "But why 4 days later!!!!!!!"
This timeline opens alot to me. 5 minutes between when he saw the girls AND THE POI and from when Rose called and they didnt answer!!!!
Something looks really fishy to me... and I really dont believe now that there was a poi!

Oh, and I am almost certain that is a one mile section from the County Line road that runs East and West, just south of the Plackers, which turns back east to Arbeka Cemetary, and to Bryant Road, otherwise known as East 1120 Road on Mapquest. That is just about a 1 mile section.

How much can we trust this information that Joe Mosher saw the girls? I thought it was a big secret who called in the poi... unless uncle joe just forgot to mention it until someone called in 4 days later, and he said, "oh yea... I saw that too!" ya right.:waitasec:

And the big question is, IF in fact Joe Mosher had just passed the girls why didn't he hear the gun shots? It wasn't as if there were only a couple of rounds fired.

My Opinion

FC,
Thanks for the info. My questions/comments are:

·The autopsy report says Time Found: 17:21

·If this is true about Joe Mosher:
  • Several articles said Joe Mosher last saw Taylor two weeks before at the family reunion. So if he was there and saw them on June 8th, we know he obviously didn't tell the media.
  • Do you think he waited to tell LE he was there that day or do you think he told them right away and they waited to announce "a witness?"
  • “5 PM (est) Joe Mosher passed the girls (and the POI) on County Line Road - the girls were walking toward home.”
  • So if he was going to the Placker home, he passed them while driving south. Do you think Joe Mosher stopped and offered the girls a ride if he was going to the Plackers? I guess we don’t know if he even stopped and talked to them?
  • I wonder why he was going to the Placker’s house that day.
  • I wonder if his wife Nell with him when they passed the POI and girls?
  • Do you think Joe Mosher is the same witness who described the POI as doing something “suspicious” outside the parked truck? If so, any thoughts as to why he wouldn’t have stopped and gone back to make sure the girls were ok? I would think an uncle would be a bit worried.
  • Did your source say whether Joe Mosher also heard the shots?

But Agent Brown said that several witnesses stated they saw the POI.:confused: He may be the only one who saw the girls and the POI. The other witnesses may have seen the POI only............ elsewhere in the area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rockymountaingirl