In Retrospect-Kronk Believes He Saw Skull In August

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on the fence about the benefit for the prosecution with this one. My concern is that if RK says he saw a skull in August, yet in December basically stated he had to move the bag and a skull fell out, something isn't adding up.

My hinky meter wasn't on alert before, but the needle just jumped.

ITA!! How could a skull be sticking out of a bag in Aug. and then go thru 4 months of storms and flooding and critter scattering and still be able to fall out of said bag in Dec.? I was giving ole Roy the benefit of a doubt-but now-I'm not so sure!:waitasec:

He called the police three times, to no avail. Perhaps he was concerned that he would look, suspicious if he continued to call and insist that Caylee was there.

And if he had gone to the media, people would still find him suspicious because they would then accuse him of selling the story and exploiting rather than calling the police.

He's in a lose-lose as far as pleasing everyone.

OCSO- GUILTY of not checking things out in August.

Casey Anthony- GUILTY of murdering her daughter.

Anthony Family- GUILTY of obstructing justice.

Roy Kronk- NOT GUILTY of anything other than being persistent.

yep..that about sums it up

:eek:Ok...RK saw "something white" in August and called LE because he thought it was suspicious. Fine, got that....

In Dec., he found a dark trash bag in the same area. He either (the actual truth has never been clear to me) "kicked" the bag and a skull rolled out, or he "picked up" the bag and a skull fell out. Now the story is, he "SAW" a skull in August? :waitasec:

WHAT is going on here? WHY is this story changing? WHO is changing it? WHY?? The truth never changes, people! Never, EVER! WHAT is the truth here???? :banghead:

Val and Elissa, can you tell me how your math works out that June 16 to August 11 is barely a month? It is actually eight weeks which is two months.

I don't know if anyone here followed the Laci Peterson case but if you did, you probably remember how much criticism and hostility was first aimed at Amber F! Sometimes, the "innocents" get caught in evil webs...Gloria Allred was an incredible lawyer for Amber; she not only defended her legally but she also made sure that she did not get dragged over the coals by the public and the media! I hope that Kronk finds a lawyer like her to represent him! Or maybe, she'll step in??? :rolleyes:

ITA!! How could a skull be sticking out of a bag in Aug. and then go thru 4 months of storms and flooding and critter scattering and still be able to fall out of said bag in Dec.? I was giving ole Roy the benefit of a doubt-but now-I'm not so sure!:waitasec:

The bag may have settled over the skull when the water receded. When he found it in August it may have been displaced by animals- ripped and such.

:eek:Ok...RK saw "something white" in August and called LE because he thought it was suspicious. Fine, got that....

In Dec., he found a dark trash bag in the same area. He either (the actual truth has never been clear to me) "kicked" the bag and a skull rolled out, or he "picked up" the bag and a skull fell out. Now the story is, he "SAW" a skull in August? :waitasec:

WHAT is going on here? WHY is this story changing? WHO is changing it? WHY?? The truth never changes, people! Never, EVER! WHAT is the truth here???? :banghead:

I do not see that his story changed.

It is more like he is saying the something white in retrospect and looking back, he NOW believes it was the skull.

There is no story here. I do not see what there is to even pick a part from this statement.

Do this experiment- put something in your sink and cover it with a piece of plastic. lay some things around it and on top of the plastic. Take a picture.

Fill your sink with water. Take a picture of how your pile looks.

Drain the water and see how your pile looks.

Is it still perfectly intact or are different things exposed at each stage of water presence or lack thereof?

Could it be that Kronk saw a skull in August because used something to accelerate decomposition?

It seems entirely too easy to say "why didn't Kronk do this" or "didn't do that". Apparently, it's not all that easy to get someone in authority to listen to ya about this case. What was this poor guy supposed to do? Have any of you ever called a nationally syndicated show? I would imagine the chances of getting through would be about as good as winning the lottery, or close.

I say Kronk did the right thing, or at least he sure tried. No one would take the guy serious.

http://www.wesh.com/news/18469488/detail.html

I think this is good for the prosecution:

It shows that the body was there in August.

And the responding officer who did not find the body in August is a three year veterand and he has a history of not handling calls properly. Two other complaints have been filed against him.

Everyone??

If it's true & the MR is now changing his story, I'm sure the defense is gonna love having him on the stand......:furious:

Do this experiment- put something in your sink and cover it with a piece of plastic. lay some things around it and on top of the plastic. Take a picture.

Fill your sink with water. Take a picture of how your pile looks.

Drain the water and see how your pile looks.

Is it still perfectly intact or are different things exposed at each stage of water presence or lack thereof?

Great insight here and a very good visual of what likely would take place in this situation.

Val and Elissa, can you tell me how your math works out that June 16 to August 11 is barely a month? It is actually eight weeks which is two months.

Hi Pirate, I never said it was barely a month, but I noticed the discrepancy too.

IMHO, Just think there's a lot of excitement here this morning and think maybe someone was thinking about the July 'report' date rather than actual 'June' date.

Could it be that Kronk saw a skull in August because used something to accelerate decomposition?

Yep, I've always wondered about that too.......

Seems GA had lime around when he did the lawn in July/Aug.

Roy Kronk now believes he saw Caylee Anthony’s skull sticking out of a bag the first day he reported something suspicious in the woods in August

He does not say he knew it was a skull. He says he Believes now that it was the skull.
Looking back now and thinking it was the skull versus knowing it was are totally different.

And he did call about it, 3 times and mentions the something white.

There is nothing to his comment IMO.

It is already obvious from his 911 call and mentioning the something white that he might have thought it could be a skull but was not sure at the time....the end result was he called the police and then DID follow up later on.

Point taken. I respectfully suggest the title of this thread be changed.

It seems entirely too easy to say "why didn't Kronk do this" or "didn't do that". Apparently, it's not all that easy to get someone in authority to listen to ya about this case. What was this poor guy supposed to do? Have any of you ever called a nationally syndicated show? I would imagine the chances of getting through would be about as good as winning the lottery, or close.

I say Kronk did the right thing, or at least he sure tried. No one would take the guy serious.

I 100% agree.

There is no story here. He is basically saying, in hindsight, looking back, etc., that he now believes it he saw the skull..geez I already get that from 911 call and the something white comment. It was even discussed here somewhere IIRC already that the something white he saw might have been the skull.

If it's true & the MR is now changing his story, I'm sure the defense is gonna love having him on the stand......:furious:

What can the defense say? I think they will really need to tread lightly on this particular subject. A witness can say after some thought what they really saw might be different from what they reported. Especially with a mitigating circumstance like high water levels. In the end, it was Caylee and Mr. Kronk did not put her there.

Roy Kronk now believes he saw Caylee Anthony’s skull sticking out of a bag the first day he reported something suspicious in the woods in August

He does not say he knew it was a skull. He says he Believes now that it was the skull.
Looking back now and thinking it was the skull versus knowing it was are totally different.

And he did call about it, 3 times and mentions the something white.

There is nothing to his comment IMO.

It is already obvious from his 911 call and mentioning the something white that he might have thought it could be a skull but was not sure at the time....the end result was he called the police and then DID follow up later on.

I agree. There is a huge difference between knowing something, and thinking something..

I don't mean to get off topic here, I just...I wish this that ONE THING, just one thing in this case could be straightforward and not have 574938 sides and suspicious circumstances towards it. It really, really is like riding a roller coaster. I haven't even followed the case for the last three weeks really, (other than quick visits to news sites) I'm so worn out from it.

Now, back on topic...

I don't want to sound uh, anti-Kronk, or whatever, and I certainly am not trying to place blame or find fault, but if I thought I saw a skull in August I would not be appeased until I dragged an officer down there, literally by my side. I mean there would be just NO shutting me up (as my lovely fiancee can attest:) ) until I got my way, and had someone down there WITH me.

I just do find it odd, I guess. I just don't understand :confused:

I'd respond to the defense attorney that hindsight is 20/20. RK is covered by his choice of words in his August 911 call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Websleuth0000