FL-AMBER ALERT Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs. old - Putnam County #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those are easy:

1) I assume you're talking about the home they are at - 4 months
2) No - no dog. That light bulb hit me this afternoon - if only they had a dog and there was some sleuthing done earlier about bio-mom's dad - seems he's been arrested for "animal fighting".
3) Haven't heard anything about other dogs from neighbors.

Thanks, Swag. I read SS's reply before yours. But I'll say it again -- on one of the interviews, there was some serious dog barking in the background.

Thanks, SS. I asked about the dog because on one of the interviews I watched, there was some serious dog barking in the background.
With the cadaver dogs and scent dogs being in the neighborhood...I imagine people with dogs are hearing a lot of barking! Those poor animals must feel their "space" has been invaded with german shepherds. LOL

I found the transcript of the interview with a Ronald on NG. No sitting on front step........

CUMMINGS: And I pulled into the yard, and my girlfriend opened the front door, and I already knew something was wrong because she`s not up at this time. She told me -- I said, What are you doing up at this time? She said, Your back door`s wide open and your daughter`s gone.

GRACE: What is her description -- what scenario took place?

CUMMINGS: She got out of bed and went to use the restroom and came back to find that my daughter was not in bed with her.

GRACE: OK, what time did...

CUMMINGS: And the back door was wide open and she was -- and she was gone.

GRACE: Ronald, what time did she put Haleigh to bed?

CUMMINGS: She puts them to bed every night at 8:00 o`clock.

GRACE: At 8:00 o`clock. When she put...

CUMMINGS: And...

GRACE: When she put her to bed at 8:00 o`clock, did she also put to bed the little 4-year-old boy?

CUMMINGS: Yes, she did.

GRACE: OK. What time did she go to bed?

CUMMINGS: Approximately 10:30, 11:00.

GRACE: At 10:30, 11:00. At that time, was little Haleigh in the bed asleep with the brother?

CUMMINGS: Yes.

GRACE: And they all slept together in the same bed, correct?

CASAREZ: Yes.

GRACE: So sometime between 11:00 PM and 3:30 AM, Haleigh goes missing. Now, did she call 911?

CUMMINGS: No, she did not, not until after I was there. She tried to call me, but I was pulling in the driveway. So I asked her how come she was trying to call me, she needed to call 911. So she immediately called them then.

GRACE: And where does the biological mother live, Ronald? Ronald, where does the mom live? OK, I think somehow -- I think I`ve lost his connection. Liz, see if you can bring Ronald back up. Ronald, where does the mother...

CUMMINGS: I got you. I got you.

GRACE: OK. Good. Everyone, Ronald Cummings is joining us there at the command center in Satsuma, Florida. Mr. Cummings, where does Haleigh`s mother live?

CUMMINGS: In Baker County, in Glenn St. Mary (ph).

GRACE: What is that, about 150 miles away?

CUMMINGS: I would say approximately 90 to 100.

GRACE: Now, have you and your girlfriend both taken a polygraph, right?

CUMMINGS: Yes, I have. Passed it with flying colors. Yes, she has. Passed hers.

GRACE: And you volunteered to do that and you`ve been cooperating with police, right?

CUMMINGS: Yes. Why not? I don`t have anything to hide. I just want my daughter back. Anything that`s going to help them eliminate more people, that`s the best thing.

GRACE: Exactly. Mr. Cummings, you said the door was propped open. Describe to me what you saw when you got home.

CUMMINGS: I came in the house and immediately checked all the bedrooms, the bathroom, everywhere, just to be sure, and walked to the back door, it was wide open. As I walked out the back door, the screen door was propped open with a cinderblock.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0902/11/ng.01.html
So how come the facts have changed? I'm not getting it.

PS- wish I had seen this sooner...thanks for finding it.

Yeah , Brooke. I signed up on WS because of that case. One of the worst I heard and we never heard ALL of the gruesome details. Has her killer gone to trial yet?
Nope.

I'm going to bed, but if someone is still wide awake...

A poster on the Dominick thread posted a sheriff's log for activity in that case and I wondered if there is a sheriff's log to check in this case? Maybe someone reported someone walking around that mobile home park or something?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz nighters!

I don't get it. 30 years ago I lived in a trailer and my 2 year old accidentally pushed her way thru the back door and landed on the ground in the middle of the night. We heard her cryng, brushed her off, and to this day we still talk about it. Geez...you HEAR when something happens to anyone in a mobile home!

Now 30 years later and in a real house, I accidentally caught our deck on fire and I called 911 while yellng at my husband to come help and grabbing the water hose all at the same time. I don't understand why the father would come home and tell 911 he was going to kill whoever took his daughter. Why not say, "I came home and my 5 year old is gone.: and at the same time be frantically calling her and looking in all the closets and grabbing flashlights and looking under the trailer and in the nearby woods? It just isn't adding up in my mind!

Sigh...

He did look all through the house after he got home.

Trailers today are made much better than they were 30 years ago.The walls are more insulated and thicker and built more like a real house as far as framing goes My mobile is a 16X80 and 1375 sq. ft., when I'm asleep I don't even hear the 18 wheeler when it pulls into the driveway nor do I hear the door opening and closing and I sure don't hear anything going on at the other end of it.

With the cadaver dogs and scent dogs being in the neighborhood...I imagine people with dogs are hearing a lot of barking! Those poor animals must feel their "space" has been invaded with german shepherds. LOL

What I keep wondering is, IF there are dogs around, maybe it was a barking dog that awoke Misty. Just throwing that out there. Haven't got enough information yet to know where I stand on this whole mess.

A poster on the Dominick thread posted a sheriff's log for activity in that case and I wondered if there is a sheriff's log to check in this case? Maybe someone reported someone walking around that mobile home park or something?

Night night!

I will see if I can find one. Thanks!

Niters, Kimster! :blowkiss:

I've tried every which way but loose to figure out how to post an image from a PDF file. My Photobucket account keeps giving me a message that the saved image I have is "invalid." I've asked another poster to see if they can retrieve and post the image of the marriage record of Nancy Marie Sheffield (now Griffis) to Bruce A. Griffis.

Here's what I do know from the marriage record: Nancy Marie Sheffield gives her maiden name as Johns, and her date of birth is 1965. She is 43-years-old. The witnesses on the marriage record are: Virgil Johns junior and Marilyn C. Johns.

I did some further research in Baker County and found a marriage record for Virgil and Marilyn Johns. On that record, Virgil Johns junior's birthdate is 1944. His wife, Marilyn, maiden name Brannen, was born in 1953. The date of their marriage is March 25, 1994.

Virgil Johns is old enough to be the father of Nancy Marie Griffis (Sheffield). He would have been 21 when she was born. But his wife, Marilyn is not the mother of Nancy Marie, as their marriage took place nearly 30 years after Nancy Marie's birth. Marilyn is probably a second wife. I also found deeds transferred from Virgil Johns to Nancy M. Griffis and one for the sum of "love and affection" instead of a dollar amount. So I think Virgil Johns is the father of Nancy M. Griffis.

There's another Virgil Johns with a birthdate of 1970, who may or may not be a son of Virgil Johns and brother of Nancy Marie, and he's currently in Florida State Prison.

I still don't know how Kyle Johns is related, but I suspect he is somehow related.

What I keep wondering is, IF there are dogs around, maybe it was a barking dog that awoke Misty. Just throwing that out there. Haven't got enough information yet to know where I stand on this whole mess.
It is possible since the door was open supposedly.

He did look all through the house after he got home.

Trailers today are made much better than they were 30 years ago.The walls are more insulated and thicker and built more like a real house as far as framing goes My mobile is a 16X80 and 1375 sq. ft., when I'm asleep I don't even hear the 18 wheeler when it pulls into the driveway nor do I hear the door opening and closing and I sure don't hear anything going on at the other end of it.

In case anyone missed it, thanks to Cher, here is the property info from Putnam County. It appears this is a 1995 mobile home, with 1248 square feet. Not saying these are the dimensions, but 24 x 52 = 1248. And 26 x 48 = 1248.

http://www.putnam-fl.com/patc.inq/pa/cpa2.pl?id=92469

ETA the second set of dimensions.

Thanks, Leila~ Don't you think LE has been all over him since this began tho? Wouldn't that be the very first person they would check out? He has to legally answer their questions and allow them to search his house. If he refuses, they can haul him in...IIRC.

If he is related to her...wouldn't Ronnie already know this since he was "part of the family" after having two babies with Crystal? I cannot imagine him not telling LE if this is the case.

(I appreciate all your hard work, too! I am just trying to figure out if he is related...if LE would already know it. Maybe not tho!)

Prayers for all! It seems hinky with the Dad & his GF.
I hope & pray for a good solution ,but my instincts says the Dad & GF are involved!:eek:

I've tried every which way but loose to figure out how to post an image from a PDF file. My Photobucket account keeps giving me a message that the saved image I have is "invalid." I've asked another poster to see if they can retrieve and post the image of the marriage record of Nancy Marie Sheffield (now Griffis) to Bruce A. Griffis.

Here's what I do know from the marriage record: Nancy Marie Sheffield gives her maiden name as Johns, and her date of birth is 1965. She is 43-years-old. The witnesses on the marriage record are: Virgil Johns junior and Marilyn C. Johns.

I did some further research in Baker County and found a marriage record for Virgil and Marilyn Johns. On that record, Virgil Johns junior's birthdate is 1944. His wife, Marilyn, maiden name Brannen, was born in 1953. The date of their marriage is March 25, 1994.

Virgil Johns is old enough to be the father of Nancy Marie Griffis (Sheffield). He would have been 21 when she was born. But his wife, Marilyn is not the mother of Nancy Marie, as their marriage took place nearly 30 years after Nancy Marie's birth. Marilyn is probably a second wife. I also found deeds transferred from Virgil Johns to Nancy M. Griffis and one for the sum of "love and affection" instead of a dollar amount. So I think Virgil Johns is the father of Nancy M. Griffis.

There's another Virgil Johns with a birthdate of 1970, who may or may not be a son of Virgil Johns and brother of Nancy Marie, and he's currently in Florida State Prison.

I still don't know how Kyle Johns is related, but I suspect he is somehow related.

Wow- Leila, thank-you for all of your hard work.

Im sure they do. I've never seen a place in the country that had municipal water/sewer.
Have we heard of TES or LE searching the septic tanks?! Seems like it would be one of the first places to look for Haleigh if someone wanted to dispose of her quickly.

Wow Leila! That's very interesting. Perhaps Kyle is a cousin?

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member