CA-Sandra Cantu Missing 3/28/2009 from Tracy,#4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking the same thing, what about microchips for kids. (I haven't been able to keep up with this thread so don't know what was discussed.) Yes, it violates "rights", but just think how many kids would NOT be missing. At a certain age you would have to remove it or choose to keep it. Oh well, veering off topic, but I was thinking kids need to be tracked too.

I was thinking about it today too. Perhaps the problem is that it is inserting a foreign body into the child and people may worry about long-term effects. Unless it is medically necessary, I think doctors are wary about such procedures. I also think there is a sector of the population who veer into biblical "end times" scenarios that involve ways to track everyone. As for me? If I knew it was safe in the long-term I'd do it in a second for my kid. My cat has one!

I was just thinking the same thing, what about microchips for kids. (I haven't been able to keep up with this thread so don't know what was discussed.) Yes, it violates "rights", but just think how many kids would NOT be missing. At a certain age you would have to remove it or choose to keep it. Oh well, veering off topic, but I was thinking kids need to be tracked too.

I think Sandra was most likely deceased before the search started. Although they may have found her body. I think it was too late to find her alive.

I would never microchip my children. The government already controls to much of our lives now.

That may be what's really killing me about this case. I usually can follow these cases very clinically and dispassionately. I'm a family law lawyer and many of my family are social workers so I'm exposed to tons of horrible stories. But, I saw the video of the last sighting of sweet Sandra and she was so happy, so cute, without a care in the world just swinging those little arms. That's what hurts a lot - seeing that innocence and knowing what happened next. I'm going to try not to get a time out here but: BASTARDS! BASTARDS!

Exactly. Me too on the "dispassionately" thing. But this one got me.

No, this was an irrigation pond and not big enough for a boat (well, "big" enough but a boat would not have been needed). It was on private property from what I remember, not a lake or something.

You guys was this same pond that someone gave tip about seeing a girl who looked like Sandra that was in a boat and the guy she was wtih looked/acted suspicious?

This one has hit me hard too. My grandparents owned a trailer park when I was younger. I grew up there and knew everyone in it. I would go all over the place alone. It is so sad that 20 years later a child cannot walk the streets of her own neighborhood safely. We live in a rural area and my kids are not aloud to walk outside of our fence.
Im just so sick from the out come of this case. As I stated in the last thread. We as a nation need to stand up and protect our children and demand fair justice in cases invovling children. what is it going to take to keep these creeps off our streets.
My heart is truly hurting for this family.:curses:

Me too. I tried to have a lot of hope this time, despite the odds.

I was thinking about it today too. Perhaps the problem is that it is inserting a foreign body into the child and people may worry about long-term effects. Unless it is medically necessary, I think doctors are wary about such procedures. I also think there is a sector of the population who veer into biblical "end times" scenarios that involve ways to track everyone. As for me? If I knew it was safe in the long-term I'd do it in a second for my kid. My cat has one!

This would bring horrors I am afraid. If you insert or implant some kind of a chip into a child, it can be removed surgically.

There are sickos out there that would kidnap kids and cut out their chip so the child couldn't be tracked.

Yup! So how do they KNOW this & when did they KNOW it?
Apparently they took him in for questioning on Friday. I do not know if it is him, but they sure were focusing on him a lot. I really wish I could be philosophical about it, but I am just sick

That may be what's really killing me about this case. I usually can follow these cases very clinically and dispassionately. I'm a family law lawyer and many of my family are social workers so I'm exposed to tons of horrible stories. But, I saw the video of the last sighting of sweet Sandra and she was so happy, so cute, without a care in the world just swinging those little arms. That's what hurts a lot - seeing that innocence and knowing what happened next. I'm going to try not to get a time out here but: BASTARDS! BASTARDS!

ITA. The skipping, the arm swinging, like a summer day with no worries...

Then GONE.

I wish I didn't know so many beautiful little angels. It's too much.

sorry amysmom :) from the quote I thought you were referring to what the reporter was saying

Don't microchips have to be scanned in order to get the information? If that's true than it wouldn't really help right...? But I know what you are saying, I've often said that same thing.

To take it further...who cares if people get mad if they are micro chipped? I certainly wouldn't care and I would WELCOME any LE who would want to microchip my family. Matter of fact...I would welcome it.

If they can do it for a dog why can't they do it for humans? It"s obviously becoming necessary. All the sickos out there...we need to protect ourselves.

I'm not sure how a chip would prevent these awful events?

My prayers are with all those who knew Sandra, and the locals who are afraid for their children tonight.

I know...I'm guessing since they can put all kinds of metal/plastic stuff in us to keep us alive, the chip is safe. It's the idea behind it people can't get used to.

It is not a confirmed FACT, but I have little doubt that LE is on top of this. None of the local stations are saying that, but I did not make it up. I have to add this to people who claim police aren't following tips. They do follow them, but they do not report it back to the person who made the tip. I lived through the Laci Peterson case on a daily basis and one thing was definite. Police did not inform relatives of what they found on tips. LE has to keep tight-lipped so as not to tip off the person who did this. I am sure people in Tracy are ready to lynch someone. I know I am.

Yeah, I think Tracy LE is on the ball for the most part. They did not rush down to the bag but took their time to preserve the scene. I think they had reasons for saying:
"We have no indication that there has been an abduction" earlier on. Yes, it insults OUR intelligence, but maybe not the perp's. FBI might have suggested it as a means of letting an abductor feel more comfortable in letting her go and threatening her into silence and saying she ran away or something. I'm sure LE has some sure-fire leads but they obviously need to keep quiet.

Not sure if this has been linked before, but it is an editorial written yesterday about how tightly knit Tracy is and how much everyone was doing all that they can to help poor Sandra.

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090405/A_NEWS/904050320

So very sad to read this after what we learned tonight. But still, kudos to this community for all that they did to try and help this little girl. I have a feeling that the perp will be caught very very soon....

Thank you, Gaia! :blowkiss:

It is not a confirmed FACT, but I have little doubt that LE is on top of this. None of the local stations are saying that, but I did not make it up. I have to add this to people who claim police aren't following tips. They do follow them, but they do not report it back to the person who made the tip. I lived through the Laci Peterson case on a daily basis and one thing was definite. Police did not inform relatives of what they found on tips. LE has to keep tight-lipped so as not to tip off the person who did this. I am sure people in Tracy are ready to lynch someone. I know I am.

Anyone know how we would go about starting a campaign and making some noise about getting this done?

This would bring horrors I am afraid. If you insert or implant some kind of a chip into a child, it can be removed surgically.

There are sickos out there that would kidnap kids anyway and cut out their chip so the child couldn't be tracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny