The Church?

http://www.kcra.com/news/19266204/detail.html

Sources: FBI Visits 2nd Church In Cantu Case

Lawless, who lives in the mobile home park where Cantu once lived, is Huckaby's grandfather.

He is the pastor of Clover Road Baptist Church, which was searched while Sandra was missing and after Huckaby's arrest.

Sources told KCRA 3 that Lawless was questioned years ago as part of a report of suspected child abuse.

However, both the Asotin County Sheriff's Department and the Clarkston Police Department in Washington said they do not have any records of a criminal case ever being filed.

http://www.kcra.com/news/19266204/detail.html

In recent weeks, FBI agents visited a church along the Washington-Idaho border in connection with Melissa Huckaby's family, KCRA 3 has confirmed.

Huckaby, 28, has been charged in the homicide of 8-year-old Tracy girl Sandra Cantu. The girl's body was found in a suitcase pulled from an irrigation pond 10 days after she went missing.

"They were trying to put the pieces of their puzzle together. They were asking about certain people who might be able to lead them to other people. But I do not know exactly what they were looking for," Pastor Bill Creutzberg said by phone.

Sources close to the Cantu investigation told KCRA 3 that most of the FBI's questions centered on Pastor Lane Lawless.

Lawless, who lives in the mobile home park where Cantu once lived, is Huckaby's grandfather.

He is the pastor of Clover Road Baptist Church, which was searched while Sandra was missing and after Huckaby's arrest.

Sources told KCRA 3 that Lawless was questioned years ago as part of a report of suspected child abuse.

However, both the Asotin County Sheriff's Department and the Clarkston Police Department in Washington said they do not have any records of a criminal case ever being filed.

Well, that's interesting.

What's fact and what's fiction? Can't wait to find out.

hmz very interesting...I guess we will eventually see things start to get even more bizarre and interesting.

I googled the Pastor's name and a Warner Alliance came up. I'm not sure this is Baptist, so I wonder how Lawless could be connected if he's been the pastor of his own church for over thirty years. I wonder if Melissa ever attended a church camp in the other state. Whatever it was must have been years ago if this Pastor has no idea.

I googled the Pastor's name and a Warner Alliance came up. I'm not sure this is Baptist, so I wonder how Lawless could be connected if he's been the pastor of his own church for over thirty years. I wonder if Melissa ever attended a church camp in the other state. Whatever it was must have been years ago if this Pastor has no idea.

You are much faster than me tonight. I wonder what the connection is as well. The timeline seems off.

http://www.warneralliance.com/author/billcreutzberg/

I feel it necessary to note that the current church probably has no ties to what went on with Pastor Lawless.

Huh. Well. Why am I not surprised? I haven't had much time to check these forums but try to check in to get updates. I've been waiting to read something like this actually. I've wondered about this all along.

Not because I think this woman isn't capable of this crime by herself either. I think she's perfectly capable. And quite possibly did. She's obviously one sick woman and quite frankly, she scares me to death :eek:

But I've felt all along that something isn't right here. I feel that there is/was something else going on here. Maybe not to this specific crime, but related. Does that make sense?

I have to go with the wonderful Astro's on this one. They have stated other's may be involved and I agree. I just don't know what that involvement is or how it relates to this case.

To me, it's more than odd that Pastor Lawless was questioned in the past about possible child abuse in a church....Why? Was Melissa also involved in that church they recently searched? hhhmmm...

Just MHO.

Was Lane Lawless a SELF appointed pastor? Just wondering............
and churches usually have a board of directors or a superior over the pastor.
Did his churches have this?

i don't even know what to make of this at the moment..interesting to say the least!

*SPECULATION ONLY* if they are saying he was investigated years ago, maybe he was questioned about abusing MH?

I get the sense that the pastor knows a lot more than he's revealing. He even said at one point to the cameras that he would have a lot to say about MH once this whole thing was over, but not now. God only knows.

I find a Bill Creutzberg associated with and Pastor of:
Clarkston First Church of God
910 Sycamore St
Clarkston, WA 99403-2139

There is also a Dale Johnson listed as a Pastor of the same church, same address.

I have no idea about the particulars of Lane Lawless' appointment/board of directors.

But I can tell you that, NO, a church does not necessarily have to have a board of directors, superior, etc. Most do, but it is not required.

A coworker of mine belongs to a church which consists mostly of extended family members. They occasionally take on a "project", ie, a low income, troubled person, but in general, it is just family members. Seems weird to me, but how the next pastor is appointed is that the family elders decide ahead of time, and during a session, a family member gets up and "appoints" the new pastor. These "pastors" have NO education in theology, psychology, or any other discipline.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momoxbunny
Back