WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
KK mentioned a white car & given a (2nd hand, via kid(s)) description.

It's not entirely rumor but it came off a bit marginal.

While speaking w/KK a vehicle somewhat meeting the description pulled up to a neighbors house.

The guy that got out might have been the most creepy looking *advertiser censored* i'd seen in McCleary.

KK said she didn't recognize the vehicle & i took 2 shots.

ffwd a few minutes - i get 'stopped' - i reflect ^ - & i am told to 'report this down there so it gets back to us' .........

When i got home i sent those 2 pictures in w/a report. No response.

Whether this was a shade of imagination (kids) with a side of heightened * i'm not sure.

jvk, thanks for your sleuthing and sharing so much of what you have discovered. I do have a couple of questions for you:

• Did that car have any damage or repairs done to it?
  • Have you done any research on the resident of the house the car stopped at? If they own the house you can get a name from the property records and then search to see if they have relatives mentioned in obituaries, etc.
  • Is there any way to determine whether or not this is one of those houses with a basement? Property tax records should show that.

I'd be especially freaked out if it was a square-edged older vehicle, with something unusual about the body and if the driver were visiting or living with his mother in a house with a basement. I know you can't disclose much to us, but I would be going crazy trying to find out more about this guy.

It would have been nice to even get a confirmation e-mail back from sending the info/pictures in.

I have not personally done any research on this person or the house he stopped at. - I do not believe he is a/the resident.

No idea on basement.

As far as damage to the vehicle.. nothing severely/obvious that i noticed.

Since i've had no direction from LE it's been up to my discretion on what to say.

I really don't mean to be vague - It's between comfort & judgment at the moment

But but but what about that big 'ol happy bear?
k020.gif

That bear is now down here in my neighborhood! Saw him the other night across the street.:rolleyes:

:waitasec:
I'm sorry, you lost me.

What about Lindseys dad? What "section" are you talking about?

Sorry for the confusion, I hope I did this right and its okay to copy/paste(if not please let me know how to delete)
3. BAUM, GREGORY SCOTT (Age 38)

Associated names:

BAUM, GREG
BAUM, SCOTT M
SWINEHART, SCOTT R
SWITZER, SCOTT
Available(7) Available SHARON, TN
FORT LEWIS, WA
MARTIN, TN
TOOELE, UT
TACOMA, WA
TUMWATER, WA
LACEY, WA
COPPERAS COVE, TX
KILLEEN, TX Possible Relatives:

SWINEHART, ANGELA MARIE (Age 38)
BAUM, TENA WEYLAND (Age 39)
SWINEHART, RILEY SCOTT (Age 40)
PIERPOINT, MELISSA C (Age 37)
BAUM, SCOTT

Possible Roommates / Associates:

PEEK, MICHAEL WAYNE (Age 36)
JOHNS, MARY S (Age 43)
JOHNS, ROBERT K (Age 48)

Hey I got some additional info from KK on the bike situation involving the brother that some of you have been asking about.

The bike that the kids were fighting over was actually not ride-able. It did not have a chain on it so Lindsey had actually been pushing herself along on the bike and then decided she no longer wanted to so she dropped it at the Shell station off to the side of the gas pumps closest to the police station. The argument actually stemmed over who was going to take it home her or Josh. Needless to say neither wanted to - hence the fight.

Hey I got some additional info from KK on the bike situation involving the brother that some of you have been asking about.

The bike that the kids were fighting over was actually not ride-able. It did not have a chain on it so Lindsey had actually been pushing herself along on the bike and then decided she no longer wanted to so she dropped it at the Shell station off to the side of the gas pumps closest to the police station. The argument actually stemmed over who was going to take it home her or Josh. Needless to say neither wanted to - hence the fight.
So who won?

It was my understanding that the bike was still at the Shell station 2 or 3 days after Lindsey went missing.

I wonder though if it would have altered her route enough to go around the north side of the Shell Station vs the south side which would have been her normal path? I also wonder if the bike was in line of sight of the camera there? If it was and she was not in the video from the pump camera, at least we could eliminate the bike as being an object of deviation from her normal walk home.

It was my understanding that the bike was still at the Shell station 2 or 3 days after Lindsey went missing.
And see...to me this makes absolutely no sense. Her brother is an avid bike rider according to his mother. Why would he leave his bike by the Shell station so he cannot ride it to "go look for Lindsey"? It is obviously fixed now so I am curious to know when he really got back and who fixed it. If the chain was simply falling off or if it broke entirely is another question.

Why would Lindsey push a broken bike around town? Why not drop it immediately where it broke or take it home since it was only half a block? When and why did she leave it at the station?

Here's something that may be of interest to some, related to ML:

CASE NUMBER: MCCLEARY MUNICIPAL COURTC00001844 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse

ARREST DATE: CASE STATE: WA
CASE CATEGORY CODE: DISPOSITION DATE: 01/11/2008
COUNTS: DISPOSITION: Dismissed
ORIGINAL PLEA: STATE CODE: WA
CHARGES FILED ON: 06/04/2007 OFFENSE DATE: 06/04/2007
OFFENSE CODE: MCM6.04.020 OFFENSE CLASS: Criminal non-traffic
OFFENSE TYPE: Criminal OFFENSE: UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY OF ANIMAL

I have no idea what "Unlawful Activity of Animal" means but Lindsey loved animals and her love for her German Shepherd Kaydence, is well known.

And see...to me this makes absolutely no sense. Her brother is an avid bike rider according to his mother. Why would he leave his bike by the Shell station so he cannot ride it to "go look for Lindsey"? It is obviously fixed now so I am curious to know when he really got back and who fixed it. If the chain was simply falling off or if it broke entirely is another question.

Why would Lindsey push a broken bike around town? Why not drop it immediately where it broke or take it home since it was only half a block? When and why did she leave it at the station?

I am going to suggest one possibility for that. From Lindsey's house and down through Maple, there is a slight incline towards KK's. You probably can't see it in the photos, but it's there. Lindsey could have coasted all the way to KK's house, then pushed it back as far as the Shell Station and simply grew tired, then told her brother where it was so he could push it the rest of the way home.

The incline increases from the Shell Station to Lindsey's house, maybe that was as far as she could push it and felt by leaving it there, it was relatively safe from theft being next door to the police station.

I don't know if the chain was off, missing or broken. Seems if it was hanging there, her brother could have and probably knows how to realign it onto the sprocket. So that leads me to believe it was broken and could have been missing too.

I'm not sure if this address has been posted but a family with the credentials of ML and FL live at 904 W SIMPSON AVE, and I have the unit number but decided not to post it. I do believe this apartment block was talked about last night or a few nights ago. Occupants: ML, 51; FL, 32; FL 39

Here's something that may be of interest to some, related to ML:

CASE NUMBER: MCCLEARY MUNICIPAL COURTC00001844 - Confirm Case at the Courthouse

ARREST DATE: CASE STATE: WA
CASE CATEGORY CODE: DISPOSITION DATE: 01/11/2008
COUNTS: DISPOSITION: Dismissed
ORIGINAL PLEA: STATE CODE: WA
CHARGES FILED ON: 06/04/2007 OFFENSE DATE: 06/04/2007
OFFENSE CODE: MCM6.04.020 OFFENSE CLASS: Criminal non-traffic
OFFENSE TYPE: Criminal OFFENSE: UNLAWFUL ACTIVITY OF ANIMAL

I have no idea what "Unlawful Activity of Animal" means but Lindsey loved animals and her love for her German Shepherd Kaydence, is well known.

According to what I read elsewhere.. the dog got out of the yard and was running around town (which is illegal in city limits in most cities.. I'm assuming it's that way in McCleary too)

I'm not sure if this address has been posted but a family with the credentials of ML and FL live at 904 W SIMPSON AVE, and I have the unit number but decided not to post it. I do believe this apartment block was talked about last night or a few nights ago.

They don't live there any more.
It used to be a trailer park.. but as you can see from the pictures in the link below.. it's gone.
http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/904-W-Simpson_Mccleary_WA_98557_1109434335

I am going to suggest one possibility for that. From Lindsey's house and down through Maple, there is a slight incline towards KK's. You probably can't see it in the photos, but it's there. Lindsey could have coasted all the way to KK's house, then pushed it back as far as the Shell Station and simply grew tired, then told her brother where it was so he could push it the rest of the way home.

The incline increases from the Shell Station to Lindsey's house, maybe that was as far as she could push it and felt by leaving it there, it was relatively safe from theft being next door to the police station.

I don't know if the chain was off, missing or broken. Seems if it was hanging there, her brother could have and probably knows how to realign it onto the sprocket. So that leads me to believe it was broken and could have been missing too.
So you are saying she was at KK's house earlier that day? The bike never made it to KK's for the last trip as the fight happened behind the Shell station where it evidently was left by both of them.

I've always assumed, and merely my assumption, that Lindsey had taken the bike and it broke and the brother was upset with her about it. I figure it was broken enough that once Lindsey went missing, the brother didn't care since he knew it needed repairs in order to ride it to look for her. MOO

I don't know.. I grew up in a poor family. We had limited resources when it came to entertaining ourselves. My brothers and I used to push each other around on our broken bikes, even wheel barrows when times were really tough.

One year we used an old wagon with the axles removed as a sled in the snow.

ETA: I am in no way saying that Lindseys family is poor. I know nothing about their finances. I was just saying that when a kid is bored they will find a way to entertain themselves. Pushing around a broken bike is really not that odd when you have nothing else to do. Who knows if it broke while L was on it, or if it had broken months before. The fact is.. the bike (for whatever reason) was left at the Shell. For how long? No one really knows.

I don't know.. I grew up in a poor family. We had limited resources when it came to entertaining ourselves. My brothers and I used to push each other around on our broken bikes, even wheel barrows when times were really tough.

One year we used an old wagon with the axles removed as a sled in the snow.

I had a son who rode a broken bike because I don't think he even realized it was broken! I gave all the mechanical ability genes to his older brother! :crazy:

So you are saying she was at KK's house earlier that day? The bike never made it to KK's for the last trip as the fight happened behind the Shell station where it evidently was left by both of them.

I don't know SS. I was just trying to relate one possibility of why she was on a broken bike at all. Also I am not suggesting a timeline or when during the day that might have taken place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KreepinSavage