IA IA - Jodi Huisentruit, 27, Mason City, 27 June 1995 - Anchorwoman

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a television program about the disappearance today. I wish they would find Jodi. What happened to her is so scary, especially how she thought someone had been following her in a van some time before she was abducted and worried about having to leave for work at such early hours. Someone must have been stalking her and they don't even seem to have a clue to who it was.

http://kaaltv.com/article/stories/S487194.shtml?cat=10151

The Mason City Globe Gazette has the personal journal of a television anchorwoman missing since 1995.
The journal belonged to 27-year-old Jodi Huisentruit, a morning anchor who was abducted on her way to work at KIMT-TV in Iowa.
She's a native of Long Prairie, Minnesota.
The Globe Gazette received the journal in a large envelope with no return address and a June 4th postmark from Waterloo. (more at link and video on the right side of the page)

The Mason City Globe Gazette has the personal journal of a television anchorwoman missing since 1995.
The journal belonged to 27-year-old Jodi Huisentruit, a morning anchor who was abducted on her way to work at KIMT-TV in Iowa.
The Globe Gazette received the journal in a large envelope with no return address and a June 4th postmark from Waterloo. (more at link and video on the right side of the page)

Wow thanks for that link SuziQ I wonder if a family member leaked it to increase interest in the case.

Wow thanks for that link SuziQ I wonder if a family member leaked it to increase interest in the case.

Somehow I don't think so. This was the type of thing Dennis Radar did to draw attention to his crimes. He didn't want to be caught but he wanted recognition for the crime.

I feel like the perp thinks this crime has gone unnoticed for awhile. It also indicates someone who has done this before or since. If I had to guess this is the work of a serial. JMO.

Somehow I don't think so. This was the type of thing Dennis Radar did to draw attention to his crimes. He didn't want to be caught but he wanted recognition for the crime.

I feel like the perp thinks this crime has gone unnoticed for awhile. It also indicates someone who has done this before or since. If I had to guess this is the work of a serial. JMO.

The only reason I suspected the family, or even a police officer, was because the police said it was a copy of the original they have. I wish this was a BTK type situation. I would love for this family to have some sort of resolution.

Thomas Corscadden was actually a suspect in this case but his prints didn't match. Well actually they only had a partial print and I would think a partial should be to little to rule someone out. Especially considering how many people may have come in contact with her car during the days prior to her going missing. A lot of people out there still think he did in fact commit the crime. He has been linked to at least 2 maybe 4 other women. He even bragged about having killed her. Which is why he became a suspect.

The only reason I suspected the family, or even a police officer, was because the police said it was a copy of the original they have. I wish this was a BTK type situation. I would love for this family to have some sort of resolution.

Let's think about this for a second. If the perp was a stalker then he could have gained access to her apartment and made a copy and returned the original. I wonder if she noticed things misplaced prior to her abduction and told someone about it?

It is a creepy thing for sure to show up now after all this time but that is how BTK was caught.

I don't know if you saw any of his trial but he was so dispassionate about what he had done. It gave me a look into a different mindset of a person that I had never imagined before. That pure evil personified.

BTK's eyes were/are very scary, but I think he wanted to get caught. In this case it is possible that the journal was copied before she went missing because she reported a white van had been following her, and a white van was seen in the area at the time of her disappearance. However I think this was probably a leak of some sort to draw attention to her case. This is not the first time this has happened in this case.

Thomas Corscadden was actually a suspect in this case but his prints didn't match. Well actually they only had a partial print and I would think a partial should be to little to rule someone out. Especially considering how many people may have come in contact with her car during the days prior to her going missing. A lot of people out there still think he did in fact commit the crime. He has been linked to at least 2 maybe 4 other women. He even bragged about having killed her. Which is why he became a suspect.

Is he incarcerated?

I'm guessing he got out but I doubt he stayed out for long. I don't know how to check that sort of thing though. This is not the only article about him linked to this case if you google his name you get a lot more.

8/6/2004
Police probe prints for link between sex offender and Huisentruit

By BOB LINK, Of The Globe Gazette​

MASON CITY — Investigators at the Mason City Police Department are obtaining palm and finger prints from a Minnesota man who may be a suspect in the Jodi Huisentruit case.​

Thomas Corscadden, who is serving time in a Minnesota prison for a sex crime, has already been questioned by police about the 1995 disappearance of Huisentruit.​

But after a recent review by the Mason City Police Department, it was discovered that it didn’t have Corscadden’s finger or palm prints.​

“Over the years we have requested prints from a lot of different people,” said Lt. Ron Vande Weerd of the Mason City Police Department. “This is not the first time.”​

On Tuesday authorities executed a search warrant, obtaining the prints.​

On Thursday, Vande Weerd said the prints were being mailed to him.​

Earlier this week, Corscadden appeared in Mower County court in a civil commitment hearing. During that appearance he was reported to have made additional statements regarding Huisentruit.​

He is scheduled to be released from jail, but prosecutors say he is sexually dangerous and should remain locked up.​

In March 1996, a court agent’s conversation with Corscadden prompted suspicion.​

When she mentioned Mason City, Corscadden smiled and said, “Jodi Huisentruit.” When the agent said she didn’t think Huisentruit was alive, Corscadden is reported to have said, “No, she’s dead.”​

Once he receives the prints, Vande Weerd said he will submit them to the state crime lab to determine if there is a match to prints lifted at the crime scene nine years ago.​

I get the feeling he is a wanna be in this instance. Nothing tangible, of course. He was playing with detectives then.

The real perp may be playing now. I don't think this is family members hoping for more interest as by this time their resolve is quieted. Not relinquished but not as active. There reaches a point that you have to give it up to the Lord as it eats away at you. Her mom was elderly and I imagine those close to her would be more comforting to her and less active. I don't know for sure just a thought.

I was thinking if this is someone in LE that linked the info, then there must be something there they want the public to see. Couldn't they have used a highlighter? The good news is hopefully they'll be able to track down the location of the copier.

can't get the link to open!!??

There are witnesses who say they heard a women's voice call out a name at the time Jodi was abducted. There was a scream beforehand.
Police apparently know the name but haven't released it.

Some people believe it was a stranger abduction while others believe it was someone close to Jodi or an aquaintance.

There are witnesses who say they heard a women's voice call out a name at the time Jodi was abducted. There was a scream beforehand.
Police apparently know the name but haven't released it.

Some people believe it was a stranger abduction while others believe it was someone close to Jodi or an aquaintance.

I didn't know that there were witnesses. I always thought that's what the mystery was - no one heard a sound at that time in the morning.

Funny that the name hasn't slipped out somehow.

http://www.myspace.com/109254830

I have always had an interest in this case, over the years.
but never really got involved in it, until now.....So wanted to bump since its been awhile since anyone has commented on this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonFly57