WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
snipped from article .... Baum divorced Lindsey’s mother several years ago and has not seen Lindsey for a year. After the divorce he stayed in Tennessee and his ex-wife moved to McCleary with their daughter.
Where in Tennessee did Lindsey live? I assumed she was born and raised in WA and the Dad moved to TN.

I thought when SB was here and he was on the news that he looked really upset and showed some emotion but I found it odd that MB never has. Now I wonder why there hasn't been anything on the news or newspaper about him or from him. Am I the only one that thinks there is something wrong with this whole picture?

snipped from veromi.net
BAUM, GREGORY SCOTT (Age 38)

Associated names:

BAUM, GREG
BAUM, SCOTT M
SWINEHART, SCOTT R
SWITZER, SCOTT

1) Did Dad change his last name? Whar are the reasons for "associated names"

Possible Roommates / Associates:

PEEK, MICHAEL WAYNE (Age 36)
JOHNS, MARY S (Age 43)
JOHNS, ROBERT K (Age 48)

2) Have the roommates been checked out?

Sorry my thought process got interrupted during my last post, but maybe LB spoke with her dad prior to her disapperarance and let him know how upset she was over the divorce, not seeing him for a year, and her brothers issues and since SB knew he was about to be deployed, maybe staged her disappearance somehow so he wouldn't have to go back and just maybe MB suspects SB of kidnapping her. MB has always said that she knows that her daughter is alive and will come home and the last article that I read even said that she bought her school supplies. Maybe this is why she hasn't shown any emotion because come on it has been also two months now. Maybe LE needs to look in this direction if they haven't done so already. I know that I am just grasping at straws here but there has been other cases where one parent will kidnap their children from the other parent and then runs and hides. I just hope and pray that they find little LB alive and she does get to come home where she belongs! Just my thoughts.

Sorry my thought process got interrupted during my last post, but maybe LB spoke with her dad prior to her disapperarance and let him know how upset she was over the divorce, not seeing him for a year, and her brothers issues and since SB knew he was about to be deployed, maybe staged her disappearance somehow so he wouldn't have to go back and just maybe MB suspects SB of kidnapping her. MB has always said that she knows that her daughter is alive and will come home and the last article that I read even said that she bought her school supplies. Maybe this is why she hasn't shown any emotion because come on it has been also two months now. Maybe LE needs to look in this direction if they haven't done so already. I know that I am just grasping at straws here but there has been other cases where one parent will kidnap their children from the other parent and then runs and hides. I just hope and pray that they find little LB alive and she does get to come home where she belongs! Just my thoughts.

Thelma, you bring up some points of interest to me as I have above indicated. First of all, I'd like to share my distress at even beginning to suggest that the father is in any way involved in some sort of suppression of information relative to LB's disappearance. However, distress is emotional and shouldn't be a part of any investigation since past crimes have clearly indicated that "family" is usually the first place where the smoke rises and the answers are discovered.

I will post your comments above and then provide my own thoughts, hope you don't mind:

You said: maybe LB spoke with her dad prior to her disapperarance and let him know how upset she was over the divorce, not seeing him for a year, and her brothers issues and since SB knew he was about to be deployed, maybe staged her disappearance.

My response: that may provide an answer to why MB's friend needed to send him off a ticket to get to McCleary for him to even arrive and participate in the search. Consideration: if he knew already that she was safe he wouldn't really have an emotional need to go to McCleary and it would also provide possible answers for his complete silence since then.

You said: MB has always said that she knows that her daughter is alive and will come home and the last article that I read even said that she bought her school supplies.

My response: I don't see a problem with MB seeming to not show emotion because all of us deal with emotion in different ways and the idea that she bought school supplies may well just be her way of dealing with her loss and the waiting at the moment. This still does not explain the seeming complete lack of effort on the part of dad to help find his daughter. He holds some HUGE cards in the area of supplying search and rescue help and assistance if he used the media to appeal, as he did at the end of June, when every search effort went in to high gear, partly because he was going to be deployed. Why is he not using that media now?

You said: I am just grasping at straws here but there has been other cases where one parent will kidnap their children from the other parent and then runs and hides.

My response: EXACTLY!!

I agree with you that the "family" ingredient has not yet been exhaustively investigated. And, if it actually has, then let the media post this.

Personally, I would like to know a whole lot more of what is going on in the SB area of the family and why the silence screams so loudly. Put yourself in the place of SB, your child has apparently been kidnapped by some SO or other, yes, you are divorced, but not from your emotive attachment to your child. Usually when parents divorce they actually "compete" for favor. SB's "favor" level over the past month has been pushed into the "negative" level. What's with that?

I've also been wondering why dad is quiet.. I know he was supposed to be deployed but was he?

When he arrived in Wa it made the news and after he left things became quiet.. Does anyone have any info on Dad other then he was going to be deployed? How long has it been since he saw his children? Has he remarried? Does he have other children?

When Robert Manwill went missing family flew in from everywhere.. In Lindsey's case it seem that the only family she has is MB, SB and JB... Does she have family in TN? Why is everyone so quiet?

Like everyone else here I'm very frustrated...

I've also been wondering why dad is quiet.. I know he was supposed to be deployed but was he?

When he arrived in Wa it made the news and after he left things became quiet.. Does anyone have any info on Dad other then he was going to be deployed? How long has it been since he saw his children? Has he remarried? Does he have other children?

When Robert Manwill went missing family flew in from everywhere.. In Lindsey's case it seem that the only family she has is MB, SB and JB... Does she have family in TN? Why is everyone so quiet?

Lori, I spent an entire day online looking for information related to dad and any information related to how he is helping with the search for his lovely daughter. I found "absolutely nothing" and that really bothers me. Thanks for your input.

Surely his family in tennesee knows about the blogs and the forums and are listening to the chat. Why is there absolutely "nothing" being provided to at least explain the seeming complete silence of SB's family to concern for Lindsey?

How can a dad, with the media force that he has with the national exposure regarding his deployment, suddenly stop using that media tool? If he said something to the effect of, "please help me find my child" as he did, but over and over again, not stopping, the search would be going on, and radically. But, he stopped. Why?

Someone explain that action to me please.

I really hope that maybe tomorrow will be the day for justice or a miracle. Sadly, I don't feel a miracle coming, but we can still hope for justice.

respectfully snipped for space:
You said: I am just grasping at straws here but there has been other cases where one parent will kidnap their children from the other parent and then runs and hides.

My response: EXACTLY!!

I agree with you that the "family" ingredient has not yet been exhaustively investigated. And, if it actually has, then let the media post this.

These points are definitely valid, but why would it have happened that night? She didn't have her cell phone with her so her dad would have had to go out looking for her. She had plans to have a sleepover, although it didn't pan out. Would he have just "appeared" that evening out of the blue? I don't know.

Since most child abductions are by the non-custodial parent, I'm sure the FBI completely and thoroughly checked him out.

What I wholeheartedly agree with you about is how alone MB and JB seem to be. It does seem weird that SB's family hasn't been in the picture; that is, that we know of.

Hi LORI5050 - I've read in multiple places that Lindsey's uncle is out looking for her every day. Her mother drives for hours waiting for some sign she is near Lindsey. Her father lives 2000 miles away and is in the National Guard, remarried and with other children. I feel that the reporting on Lindsey has been terrible from the beginning and continues to be terrible. LE has not held press conferences and people are left to the tabloid entries for opinions. We are lucky here on WS 'cause the locals have been terrific... My point is: We really have no idea who is searching for Lindsey and what has been done by family to find her. Her mom is a single mom deep in her grieving for the loss of Lindsey and, at the same time, is trying to raise another child. There isn't much money to keep this story in front of our faces and in the media. I find this case very, very frustrating....the silence by Law Enforcement has been deafening. mho

My heart goes out to the entire family for the loss of this beautiful child. mho

Boondock, go an talk to MB. Just kidding, but I'd sure love to have a chat with her.

Hi LORI5050 - I've read in multiple places that Lindsey's uncle is out looking for her every day. Her mother drives for hours waiting for some sign she is near Lindsey. Her father lives 2000 miles away and is in the National Guard, remarried and with other children. I feel that the reporting on Lindsey has been terrible from the beginning and continues to be terrible. LE has not held press conferences and people are left to the tabloid entries for opinions. We are lucky here on WS 'cause the locals have been terrific... My point is: We really have no idea who is searching for Lindsey and what has been done by family to find her. Her mom is a single mom deep in her grieving for the loss of Lindsey and, at the same time, is trying to raise another child. There isn't much money to keep this story in front of our faces and in the media. I find this case very, very frustrating....the silence by Law Enforcement has been deafening. mho

My heart goes out to the entire family for the loss of this beautiful child. mho

Beautiful statement, but the uncle and other are local, and nothing has been provided by the dad, and I agree, he is 2000 miles away, which is perhaps somewhat meaningless when it comes to internet. I honestly feel for MB, I honestly believe that she is innocent in many respects, but I also do not believe that enough investigation has been done in that 2000 mile away area. Just for the sake of clearing things up, it would be nice to have some voice rather than silence in that area of the family.

I respect your suggestion for sure.

And...SB has the potential to raise a whole lot of money to search for his child and he is not taking advantage of it, for some reason. I would like to know why.

Lori, I spent an entire day online looking for information related to dad and any information related to how he is helping with the search for his lovely daughter. I found "absolutely nothing" and that really bothers me. Thanks for your input.

I totally agree something is not right.. Most Dads would be going crazy trying to find her but SB just went home and that was the last we heard of him.. Maybe his lack of attention to his children is why JB has had his problems and maybe someone knew Lindsey was lonely for a dad... I believe she went willingly with someone she trusted..

She is never out of my mind and I pray everyday for her safe return but as time goes on it seems unlikely..

Checking in to see if there has been any news for Lindsey. I sure wish LE would say something, anything ! I still think she was picked up by someone she thought she knew.
Has there been anything else said about the attempted abduction that took place thirteen miles away from McCleary what was it 2 weeks after Lindsey disappeared ? That has bothered me. I don't like saying this but I am concerned she was taken for human trafficking. There is alot of that around and with all these young girls that have been disappearing and not being found is concerning for me as this type of thing is rampant.
I can only hope and pray that this is not the case.
LE where are you?

Boondock, go an talk to MB. Just kidding, but I'd sure love to have a chat with her.

I would love to speak with MB or KK or anyone in McCleary but I am several hours north of there. I think you have me confused with someone more local.

I do agree it is lack of media reports that limits our knowing just what's going on in the real world search for Lindsey. It does appear some of Lindsey's extended family have left comments in the guestbook on the findLindseyBaum.com website:

http://findlindseybaum.com/31001.html

We really have no idea who is doing what, if anything. I would like to know does the media have no interest in this case or is LE in control of the mute button? Seems many of the locals have fallen silent as well - for example, what happened to Gailrene?

Personally, I would like to know a whole lot more of what is going on in the SB area of the family and why the silence screams so loudly. Put yourself in the place of SB, your child has apparently been kidnapped by some SO or other, yes, you are divorced, but not from your emotive attachment to your child. Usually when parents divorce they actually "compete" for favor. SB's "favor" level over the past month has been pushed into the "negative" level. What's with that?

I can't speak for SB because I don't know what his relationship was like with his children.

But I know for a fact if my daughter came up missing.. her sperm donor wouldn't be around to help any. He'd have his *advertiser censored* down to a lawyer finding out how to get the child support stopped.

yes, dad has a new wife. I don't remember if they had children together or not. But I think she has kids. If I remember correctly he also has older children (living in Utah or Idaho) from another relationship.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberlynn566