WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I meant to log on earlier, but I had to get the kids down and tucked in, fiance is in MO with his daughter, so I'm on my own for a couple of days.

But, I went downtown, so the kids could see the cars and get out and I could hand out fliers. There's one that is on it's way to a car show in NV, the owner put Lindseys poster in the front window and said he would leave it there until the car goes in storage or she is found.
There were a few that took extras for their church bulletins or to put up at future shows.
She was added to the prayer list of at least 2 of our local churches.
The Masons took extras, the fire department took extras, and the lead singer for a Metallica cover band took 15 for now, and went looking for a copy shop. (He said his daughter looked like Lindsey.)

Nobody that grabbed a flier and declared that they had seen her, which would have been nice, but overall a good day.

Track, I agree, I have seen two photos, this being one, that seem to affect a more mature appearance. I do a great deal of photography and find that a number of factors can cause a portrait to seem uncharacteristic: lighting, angle, expression (a pensive look or a moody gaze imo often seems to add a few years). However, it would be nice to know exact dates on some of these photos.

This photo looks like a typical "myspace pose" taken with a cell phone camera. It looks recent to me.

I was in/out of McCleary today.

Took *some* pictures in/out of town, some while driving.

Primarily I ventured east & north/east of this point here w/a GPS on foot through 'forest areas.

http://tinyurl.com/pok2za

Wait.. the kid ID thing was today in McCleary?
It wasn't advertised.. I wonder why. You'd think the local paper would have had it front page.
Ugh.. I hate the Daily World.

HI Tamg, At first I thought the whole Forest was off limits except during certain times. Now I know that isn't true. Tomorrow morning I'm calling the ORV Park again to ask about the accessibility of it after hours. That Park is on the very north part of the 90,000 acre Capitol Forest. It might have a gate that closes, but there are other ways to access the Forest.

I did read on milepost 31 on Hwy 12 {that cuts off and goes south from Hwy 8 a bit west of McCleary} there are roads that go into the Forest. They actively log that area and there are also brush pickers who go in during the day.

That would be a real short drive down Hwy 12 to milepost 31 from McCleary IMO. One would be in another world real soon, with small meadows ringed by alder and fir trees, many creeks with old bridges and endless logging roads to get lost on!

xox

many people know how to get into the ORV park via the Capital Forest even if they have gates..
I don't think the perp went that way.. I think she's between McCleary and Shelton

many people know how to get into the ORV park via the Capital Forest even if they have gates..
I don't think the perp went that way.. I think she's between McCleary and Shelton

I too believe she is in Shelton, Mccleary area and I wonder if she isn't too far where JVK pics are. I have been following railroad tracks out of Mccleary. As being a way to move through different area's. I keep coming back to up by the hinklin road there is this road to right where the tracks cross road and house is up in the field. If I go back to the tracks and follow it further I come to a creek. This is skookum Creek. Which Runs along side Route 108 Mccleary to 101Kilmeche. There is a train bridge that crosses this creek.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Mccle...TnDA&sa=X&oi=geocode_result&ct=title&resnum=1

47.092193, -123.228697

Just prior to getting to the bridge there is an area left side of 108 that kind of looks like a pooling of water, Swampy and if you follow the skookum river area there is another such area that has pooling also looks to be ummm a u shape gravel pit not sure what it is by creek may even be part of the creek not sure by these pictures.

If you continue to follow tracks out you come to Kalimiche and Little Skookum inlet. which on maps looks like mud with a small creek running into a bay in shelton

http://washington.hometownlocator.com/maps/feature-map,ftc,1,fid,1525876,n,skookum creek.cfm

Things happening around Skookum Creek Shelton.

http://www.squaxinisland.org/community_dev/NrCr.pdf

I have trying to figure out how someone could just disappear and got to wondering if possible could of caught a ride with someone on motorcycle or fourwheeler being her scent just vanished. What if the possibility that she did and was able to go through woods roads go to capital park. There was a siting of a girl that looked similar to her in a bathing suit. What if they got spooked and took back towards Mccleary and how could they go unseen if this be so and could they also go towards Elmer. Which lead me back to the Railroad tracks if this is possible. Just a theory...

HOT OFF THE LIPS OF Ms Voss

I decided to call the ORV park and got some hot news. developing story :)

A lady answered the phone and I told her my name and that there were several of us who had heard about new searches in Lindsey's case and she and I were suddenly bosom buddies.

I asked if Fonda Voss was the caretaker of the ORV Park and she said , No, that's me. {She would have no reason to lie IMO, as the call to her was out of the blue!}

She proceeded to tell me they are now without a caretaker as the previous one was let go about a week ago. I asked her who that was and she said Allen. Towards the end of our convo I came back to Allen and asked his last name. She said it is a hard name to remember, opened up her mind and said it is either Meihoff or Lamhoff, or something similar.

She then mentioned that early this morning the Sheriff's officers and search and rescue crews were there and headed out into the Capitol Forest part of the park. She must have meant where it is heavily treed. She said it was a sizable group of people and of course they didn't tell anyone at the park where they were headed in the park or why.

I asked about the fire the Monday after the 4th and she said where they were headed this morning was not in the area where the fire was. She said the fire was investigated thoroughly from what she heard and had no relation to Lindsey's case.

Fonda also told me she had heard the dogs were out again this morning in McCleary.

Her last words to me were so heartfelt. She said the people in town are saying there is something about this case that they can't put their finger on. There will be a burst of activity and then it seems like nothing is happening in the case. Then all of a sudden another burst of activity. They think that something is about to happen, just a communal feeling I guess, and then she said she believes they are out in the C Forest searching today from a tip they received.

We talked about Lindsey and she said you might not hear much about her or what is going on in the investigation if you're walking down the street. But the people who live here are keeping the case alive, talking between themselves and though it might not look good, they all hope she is found soon and that she is still alive.

I brought up the helicopters flying south of Hwy 8 in the middle of the night last week and she said everyone thought that was so strange as it is an uncommon occurance the way it was done, at least that is what the talk of the town is.

Back to Allen, his departure or firing was sudden and without fanfare. She said he was just taken off the job with nothing said to anyone who works there except they will be hiring a new caretaker for the ORV Park. xox

this was posted over at SM:
I don't know who the poster is (shortcake, seems local but I could be wrong) or how they got their information. COULD BE RUMOR!
An older guy matching the age of Richard Allen Phernetton that was arrested 7/20 in Montesanto was let go by the Strattleline ORV Park around the time of the search. I don't know if it is the same person, but there can't be too many let go around that time. I also heard he had his computer and car confiscated. I hope someone digs a little more into this. Also, where is karak? She has over 125 posts from 6/28 to 7/17 and only 2 since. She had a lot of information and may even know something about this Allen guy. Now she seems to be very silent. Does she know something she does not want to share?

Here is a link to his record
Fugitive from other state

I'm seeing if I can find the information that may already be posted about him on this and SM. Anyone have an account to SM so they can use the search function?

Looked back and read some posts of shortcake to see if I could find out if she was local or not,
from what I'm reading it seems she is "familiar with the area but is not local"

TmagMit,

Good possibility that she could be anywhere in that area. Honestly, I don't think the little girl spotted at the ORV park was her. Certainly anything is possible and stranger things have happened.. but I don't think Lindsey was kept alive and taken out joy riding on 4 wheelers within a few miles of where she went missing. Way to many people were looking for her..

Sadly, I think Lindsey is going to be found this next hunting season when the woods are opened up to the hunters. :(

In the most recent picture posted here of Lindsey (with the green fleece hoodie on) she looks -- to me anyway -- pensive, sophisticated and mature beyond her years, and I wonder why! Wish we knew where and when the photo was taken. Does anyone else think she looks much different there from her other pix? Comments?

Thanks, JenO, for posting it...and CONGRATULATIONS to you and your family on your son's military service AND his happy homecoming!

-Track

I agree. I can very well remember that kind of face she puts on in that photo from my own "tween" years. She is affecting an attitude of I'm too cool for you, IMO.

this was posted over at SM:
I don't know who the poster is (shortcake, seems local but I could be wrong) or how they got their information. COULD BE RUMOR!

Here is a link to his record
Fugitive from other state

I'm seeing if I can find the information that may already be posted about him on this and SM. Anyone have an account to SM so they can use the search function?

Looked back and read some posts of shortcake to see if I could find out if she was local or not,
from what I'm reading it seems she is "familiar with the area but is not local"

Wow, that individual was wanted on a warrant from Washburn County, Wisconsin for first degree sexual assault of a child. If indeed that is the individual, it's scary that he was able to obtain employment with Grays Harbor County.

http://www.co.washburn.wi.us/departments/lawenforcement/mostwanted.htm

I tried to find out some information on SB today but couldn't find any recent information. Has he been deployed or not? Has he made any recent comments in the news that anyone knows of?

Some questions relative to the above:

- is it true that a friend of MB provided the money for SB to come to McCleary?
- if he was deployed, and I cannot find any information online that clarifies that, would he be able to use available services, ie: internet, to appeal for help in finding Lindsey?
- why is there no evidence that SB is doing anything to appeal to the public for help? Am I missing these posts from SB?
- I understand that he may be restricted from doing so for one reason or another being a soldier or reservist, but I'd also like to know "why" or for what reason he would be restricted. If no restrictions apply, where is SB's voice in this matter? His daughter is missing. Silence won't help one bit.

This silence is to me very awkward. I cannot find any comment from SB since his visit to McCleary, paid for by a friend of MB apparently. How can a grieving and concerned dad remain so absolutely silent?

Am I completely missing something here? If so, please elaborate.

We need an official presser or a very intrepid reporter, this blackout is killing us. We're jumping on any scrap of info like rabid dogs. (Not trying to be insulting, it's really the picture that came to mind.)

We need something new and official, or Lindsey is going to disappear, even from memory.

LOL Boy Jennifer, that was an OMG moment when I read your post! Had me sitting straight up in my chair!

I do agree with you she is north between McCleary and Shelton. But I do think this could be Allen, at least it matches what I learned from those who worked at the park.

The timing is a bit off. I think my post was on Sunday the 12th after McCleary's hubby gave her that tip and I decided to call the park. The gal at the park said he had been let go about a week before. Maybe they were just holding him until arrangements were made to send him back east which could have happened on the 20th.

If they had any inkling he was involved in Lindsey's disappearance I think they would have detained him locally for an open investigation, don't you?

I'm sorry, but the idea that the father of LB has remained silent for more than a month seems suspect to me, and the idea that he is is a reservist in the armed forces means little to me when it comes to the idea that he has not posted a plea to people to find his daughter, he has remained completely silent on anything, which to me is almost an insult to the search. What is up with this guy, his child is missing and he is not even asking for help.

I'm sorry, but the idea that the father of LB has remained silent for more than a month seems suspect to me, and the idea that he is is a reservist in the armed forces means little to me when it comes to the idea that he has not posted a plea to people to find his daughter, he has remained completely silent on anything, which to me is almost an insult to the search. What is up with this guy, his child is missing and he is not even asking for help.

~~~

I wish we had an email address for the dad-SB. Just to let him know that even if one parent has decided against calling Tim Miller of Texas Equusearch, another parent or family member can make a formal request.

(IIRC it was Caylee's great-uncle Rick who initiated the TES search in Orlando)

Sigh

IMO this guy moved on to his new life and new family. Sad to say, but I don't think he was too involved in Lindsey's life. That's the impression I'm getting.

Back to R A Phernetton, he is the 75 year old guy and had been on the lam since 2001 when the arrest warrant was issued in WI.

That means #1 he couldn't have had a daughter Lindsey's age, right? lol Also, he must have been living in Montesano. The Park has a McCleary address, so if he had been pulled out of work it would be by the MPD IMO. I am just assuming that is how it would go.

INTERESTING tho: If he was arrested on July 20th and has been released out of Grays Harbor County, he is not listed as captured yet on the Washburn County Government 'Most Wanted List'. That is a bit odd don't you think? It's just short of a month he was arrested by MPD. They do mark those captured on that list as there is one on that list with CAPTURED right across his entry.

PS: I wonder if he drove a white car :eek: OK, I won't get excitable. lol

Scandi, he was released to "other agency" Meaning he was sent to wherever he had warrants for his arrest (It's possible he was wanted in more states than just Wisconsin) and whichever state had priority (and that is determined on the type of crime he is wanted for).

and yes, he could have an 11 year old daughter.. my ex husbands father was 65 when my ex was born. It's not a common thing but it's not uncommon either.

lindseybaumsmall.jpg

Wow, that individual was wanted on a warrant from Washburn County, Wisconsin for first degree sexual assault of a child. If indeed that is the individual, it's scary that he was able to obtain employment with Grays Harbor County.

http://www.co.washburn.wi.us/departments/lawenforcement/mostwanted.htm

That is pretty creepy expecially since Lindsey is missing. I hope LE went through the place this creep was staying in and has checked him inside and out. I wonder if he had something to do witih her disappearance. Does he have a vehicle that he could have picked her up in? Maybe this time he went beyond sexual assult on a child and made sure the child couldn't tell on him. If he has a vehicle I hope they checked it out real well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cecepage