WA - Lindsey Baum, 10, McCleary, 26 June 2009 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe this is Greg (Scott) Baums first wife and they have two children together Brittani and Austin
http://www.myspace.com/utahincarolina

I got her name from the guestbook on findlindseybaum.com

here is her post:
Tena

07/21/2009
20:21 h
Lindsey, I want you to know that Leala, Brittani, and Austin are praying for your safe return! It has been hard on them to know that their sister and brother is going through this hell!! We all pray for your safe return! Scott our thoughts are with you and Melissa as well.

I would love to speak with MB or KK or anyone in McCleary but I am several hours north of there. I think you have me confused with someone more local.

I do agree it is lack of media reports that limits our knowing just what's going on in the real world search for Lindsey. It does appear some of Lindsey's extended family have left comments in the guestbook on the findLindseyBaum.com website:

http://findlindseybaum.com/31001.html

We really have no idea who is doing what, if anything. I would like to know does the media have no interest in this case or is LE in control of the mute button? Seems many of the locals have fallen silent as well - for example, what happened to Gailrene?

We aren't hearing anything here. The sheriff's office has their team working on the case, but they have not put out anything lately. They are either keeping really tight lipped about the case or they truly don't have anything.

I drove by the school today. On the electronic reader board there is a message up there about Lindsey missing and a number to call if you know anything. Also a sandwich board is down on 3rd street just infront of Beerbower Park, but that's about all you see about Lindsey.

School starts here in a little over 3 weeks and it's sad to think Lindsey won't be there.

Sorry you haven't heard from me either, but I haven't had anything new to add, although I have been lurking on the board. I am still hopeful that we will find Lindsey basically unharmed.

I know that many have been speculating that Lindsey will be found once the hunting season begins, somewhere in the woods. That is a possibility, I can't deny, but at this point, I refuse to believe she is dead until I know it. I know it's a slim chance, but she could still be alive and being held somewhere.

Keep her little face in mind and no matter where you live, look for Lindsey's face in the crowds. She could be anywhere by now.

Just a check in before heading off to bed, your question is one I'd like a review on in the area of answers. Someone, I believe MB, claimed the dog rescue posters were legit but I still like to see a photo of one of them, personally. I heard that a number of them were still attached to poles in July, but never saw a post of one. People don't usually go ripping down "lost dog" posters so there should still be a few up on the poles somewhere in McCleary, imo.

Just grabbing at straws

Norm, I've had the same thoughts as well. I am going to run back over the earlier threads... I seem to remember seeing something in one of the pics that one of the locals took early on at one of the vigils.
I'm new to posting here, so please forgive me for just jumping in here...:twocents: I'm in awe of all of you "Master Sleuthers" :detective:

Surely his family in tennesee knows about the blogs and the forums and are listening to the chat. Why is there absolutely "nothing" being provided to at least explain the seeming complete silence of SB's family to concern for Lindsey?

How can a dad, with the media force that he has with the national exposure regarding his deployment, suddenly stop using that media tool? If he said something to the effect of, "please help me find my child" as he did, but over and over again, not stopping, the search would be going on, and radically. But, he stopped. Why?

Someone explain that action to me please.

Hi Normcar ~

Thanks to JenniferO's research, I think the answer to your question lies here: :http://www.myspace.com/472732577

21?

I had no idea.

Thanks for the enlightenment Jennifer.

Ashley and Greg (Scott) Baums Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/472732577

I can't find mention of Lindsey anywhere.. am I missing it or is it not there?

Thanks, Jennifer....This MySpace page is incredible!!! For me, it certainly casts Lindsey's father in a new light.

From the MySpace page: Greg Scott Baum and his wife, Ashley (21 years old), were apparently just married in mid-June of this year. She has two young sons. Now they are planning to move. I saw no mention of Lindsey there....it is SO insensitive (to put it mildly). MOO.

Any thoughts?

Thanks, Jennifer....This MySpace page is incredible!!! For me, it certainly casts Lindsey's father in a new light.

From the MySpace page: Greg Scott Baum and his wife, Ashley (21 years old), were apparently just married in mid-June of this year. She has two young sons. Now they are planning to move. I saw no mention of Lindsey there....it is SO insensitive (to put it mildly). MOO.

Any thoughts?

I thought GB was deployed. If they're moving, it's probably so Ashley can be closer to her family or something while he's gone.
The insensitivity of that page is astounding!!! When Greg was in WA looking for his missing daughter, all Ashley posted about was how much she wanted him to come home. I'm steamed! :furious:

ETA I don't think the boys are Greg's biological children because Ashley wrote, " We have two small kids Jordan an Addison who took to Greg an love him as much as they do me."

Steadfast, I agree that Ashley's sons are not Greg Scott Baum's biological children.

Hi everyone, I don't post to often but lurk every day here and some other threads at WS! I just wanted to comment on the myspace page recently posted. First, it seems as though the wife is the one that keeps up with it as everything she writes is from her perspective, even her "moods". Second, Greg/Scott is not deployed anymore as her "moods" state he got back sometime mid July. Lastly, if they are moving then I am wondering if it is by choice. I am a USAF spouse and naturally we are made to move a lot, which I LOVE btw! However, I am not to familiar with the Guard and am curious as to if they get moved around or do they just move themselves and attach to a new unit wherever they end up? It does seem as if this couple got married this past June so my guess is that little Linds wasn't upset about the divorce so much as her father getting married and starting a new family, especially to a youngen it seems! JMO!

I thought GB was deployed. If they're moving, it's probably so Ashley can be closer to her family or something while he's gone.
The insensitivity of that page is astounding!!! When Greg was in WA looking for his missing daughter, all Ashley posted about was how much she wanted him to come home. I'm steamed! :furious:

ETA I don't think the boys are Greg's biological children because Ashley wrote, " We have two small kids Jordan an Addison who took to Greg an love him as much as they do me."

*bolded by me* Ohhh hmmm, do we know when he actually got deployed? I was taking her posts to mean he was home from his deployment. I though it was rather short but with the troop pull out and all you never know. Plus, every unit goes for different ammounts of time. Could be two weeks to 1+years.

Remember when we were questioning the tone of the comment that Cassidy's boyfriend made on his myYearbook page regarding SB?

Pure animosity.

There's a lot a lot of hurt that's gone down within this family, and at least for me, I can clearly see why now. Poor Lindsey Baby. Not an easy thing to deal with at all.

MOO
xoxo

Hi, Lunar --

When Ashley (on MySpace) was commenting on how she missed her husband in June, he was not deployed! That was when he was in Washington state, helping in the search for Lindsey. No mention of that from Ashley, of course!

IIRC, Greg/Scott was to go for a few months' training in a Southern state (I think it was Louisiana) BEFORE his actual deployment, so my guess is he's still there.

*bolded by me* Ohhh hmmm, do we know when he actually got deployed? I was taking her posts to mean he was home from his deployment. I though it was rather short but with the troop pull out and all you never know. Plus, every unit goes for different ammounts of time. Could be two weeks to 1+years.

The date she posted that, he was in WA.

the coming home statement was for when he was in Washington state because his daughter was missing.

Hi, Lunar --

When Ashley (on MySpace) was commenting on how she missed her husband in June, he was not deployed! That was when he was in Washington state, helping in the search for Lindsey. No mention of that from Ashley, of course!

IIRC, Greg/Scott was to go for a few months' training in a Southern state (I think it was Louisiana) BEFORE his actual deployment, so my guess is he's still there.

I thought he was going to training in Wisconsin. I remember that because that is where my son trained for 8 weeks before going to Iraq this time last year.

Anybody know what SBs (or GBs, whatever name he goes by legally) MOS is?

Info from Military.com about S/GB
image1tur.jpg

Hi everyone, I don't post to often but lurk every day here and some other threads at WS! I just wanted to comment on the myspace page recently posted. First, it seems as though the wife is the one that keeps up with it as everything she writes is from her perspective, even her "moods". Second, Greg/Scott is not deployed anymore as her "moods" state he got back sometime mid July. Lastly, if they are moving then I am wondering if it is by choice. I am a USAF spouse and naturally we are made to move a lot, which I LOVE btw! However, I am not to familiar with the Guard and am curious as to if they get moved around or do they just move themselves and attach to a new unit wherever they end up? It does seem as if this couple got married this past June so my guess is that little Linds wasn't upset about the divorce so much as her father getting married and starting a new family, especially to a youngen it seems! JMO!

My son is Army National Guard in Washington State. The only time the Army paid to move him was to Arizona when he was doing border patrol (ie: active duty).

Hi Normcar ~

Thanks to JenniferO's research, I think the answer to your question lies here: :http://www.myspace.com/472732577

21?

I had no idea.

Thanks for the enlightenment Jennifer.

How can she be 21 if the 16ish girl (step-daughter) is 16? That makes no sense. I think Ms. Ash.... is a liar or something???

Would someone with a myspace be willing to post a message to Ashley asking how the search for Lindsey is going?

Salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members