CT- Annie Le, missing from Yale, thread #5 FOUND DECEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need some new sources. I understand she was strangled and there is in fact no blood. The blood on the perps clothing (It is his) found in the drop ceiling is minimal and likely from scratched defensive wounds on the perps chest, neck that the victim inflicted.

There was no bloody crime scene either and that wold have been difficult to properly clean after a knife attack. Knife attacks in public places or even in out of the way portions of public places are rare and not consistent with someone calling someone arrange a meeting. It doesn't take much to strangle a 90lb 4;"11 woman either and it is much quieter, near silent, compared to the mahem of a knife attack.

The last part of your post is pure fiction and it makes me doubt that you have a decent source for the first part.

Interesting rdm64. I sorta had serious doubts about the whole 'bloody mess' scene as I think that would be very heard to cover-up and since the hidden clothing supposedly didn't have her blood on it. I think a strangling is what we will be hearing as COD at 3pm, too.

This would explain the blood on the clothing if she scratched the hell out of him (I personally hope she scarred him for life with deep wounds). It would also mean the evidence against him would be clear cut since they would have the scrapings from underneath her fingernails to match to his DNA. As soon as they finish those tests, I expect an arrest.
Welcome to WS, PostDoc, OHDoc, RBarry and everyone who joined us last night~

Yes most likely. I understand she was strangled, so the blood is probably from his clothing (the clothing in the drop ceiling was not hers).

Fair enough, but also keep in mind that the speeding infraction was also said to be the only infraction. My point is that it was a good catch by Scuba. Do you not agree? Nobody is saying that it is definitely the perp.

Thanks Roy23! I was just trying to piece some info together - I didn't see any solid leads posted as of this morning so I thought I would take a stab at searching. I'm definitely not saying that's the perp - but hopefully I will get people searching to see if they can find anything. Heck - if someone else can find a list of tech's that aren't students and one that has the same age range and violation listed on the judicial website - I'm all ears! But it was the best I could do with the limited info I have.

Fair enough, but also keep in mind that the speeding infraction was also said to be the only infraction. My point is that it was a good catch by Scuba. Do you not agree? Nobody is saying that it is definitely the perp.
Yes it is a good catch by Scuba but I would bet it's not him. The article:
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/archives/2009/09/city_yale_learn.php
gives the exact violation in quotes. The violation is “traveling unreasonably fast”, which is a common violation among the Connecticut Courts database and not the violation of the guy we are talking about. I just don't want to see an innocent guy implied as being involved. People on this forum are being very good about not using his name but it could still get out there by people who read here and post elsewhere.

gives the exact violation in quotes. The violation is “traveling unreasonably fast”, which is a common violation among the Connecticut Courts database and not the violation of the guy we are talking about. I just don't want to see an innocent guy implied as being involved. People on this forum are being very good about not using his name but it could still get out there by people who read here and post elsewhere.

I think you make good points. Thanks.

I am not a moderator, but I would have to agree that we should not be contacting anyone involved in this. This is not a game of Clue, it is very serious business. Put yourselves in the position of her acquaintances. They do not need to be held up to public scrutiny based on a chance remark by a news person. It does not break this case just if we seem to think we have a suspect before LE is ready to release the name. They probably have their reasons.
Sorry to spout off, but I am just feeling that some think this is like a game.

I guess it depends how you look at it. Full time reporters are calling all the acquaintances and proably calling everyone on all the facebook pages and probably calling their parents at their hometown numbers for sure. Then you have freelancers, which are growing part of reporting. Then you have bloggers who do crime blogs which are no different then newspapers, as you move down the line you get to forum participants, but there is no sharp dividing line between what is old reporting and citizen reporting any more.

I won't be calling, I already know someone with one of the local papers, and certainly people here ought to be considerate, but what makes you think a freelancer, or a person who is considering a documentary on campus killings, or someone who works for the supermarket tabloids who also print aliens stories have more business than a forum participant. new media is just that new media created by individuals

I assumed an animal technician fed them and cleaned cages, etc but higher levels require college degree and much more responsibility...

Yale University Job Description
Animal Technician V Grade E

Representative Duties:

Provide administrative leadership of a unit or function, including overseeing and coordinating projects or work processes, and distributing and monitoring the work of at least 2 regular FTEs as a lead worker.
Act as expert resource to investigators and staff in one or more areas of animal technology. For example:
Develop, implement, coordinate, oversee and/or maintain complex departmental projects such as rederivation and cryopreservation; BL 3 operations.
Working with managers coordinate complex experimental procedures for investigators which involve specialized techniques such as surgical procedures.
Observe and evaluate animals for signs of illness and stress and deviations in animal conditions. Feed, house and handle animals in accordance with institutional, local and Federal regulations.
Provide research and technical support to investigators. Conduct or oversee procedures such as blood collection, injections and/or routine surgical procedures. Prepare reports and provide updates to investigators regarding the status of animals.
Using protocols established by PI or manager, manage and maintain breeding colonies for research. Establish and carry out strategic breeding plans according to specific protocols or instructions.
Maintain detailed records regarding animal colonies such as births, deaths, weaning, and breeding and other records required by institutional, local and federal regulations.
Train and/or instruct staff on sanitation, animal handling, restraint and care techniques, appropriate to level.
Maintain a working liaison with other appropriate departments/units across campus.
Perform additional related tasks as necessary.
Family: Research-Support
Date: 10/08

Required Knowledge:

Advanced knowledge, college-degree; substantial knowledge in a specialized field; substantial knowledge in a broader field of learning.
Limited acquaintance with business, accounting, or commercial procedures.
Working knowledge of University organizational policies and procedures generally; detailed knowledge of one or several narrow areas of University rules and procedures.

Required Skills:

Extracts and compiles a broad range of data from a variety of written sources, personal contacts and/or databases selected independently; interpretation/limited analysis of data.
Routine use of a major library catalogue or reference database.
Files already labeled material using a straightforward alphabetical, numerical or chronological system.
Summarizes, revises or makes limited use of complex, technical or specialized literature.
Write simple internal memoranda, fills out complex forms.
Regular, skilled use of more complex machines, including word processors or personal computers; responsible for basic troubleshooting and repair or manipulation of data using published software.
Performs complex experiments from start to finish.
Experiments include multiple procedures performed in combination and/or sequence.

Office and Administrative Skills:
Keyboards forms, labels, and other simple material.
Merges, edits and manipulates data on a personal computer to generate complex reports.
Arranges for and coordinates schedules, appointments, projects, conferences, and major events.
Advises, screens and refers callers and visitors.

Experience, Education and Formal Training:
Two years of related work experience in the same job family and a Bachelor degree in a related field; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.

Complexity and Organization:
Wide variety of complicated job tasks requiring coordinating numerous processes/methods.
Coordinating and organizing other people’s work is a primary responsibility of my job.

Interpersonal Relations:
Ongoing involvement outside immediate work unit.
Offers or obtains specialized information and provides assistance on complex matters.
Trains, instructs, or teaches others in academic, research, or other professional matters.

Supervisory Guidelines:
Work may or may not be reviewed.
Incumbent plans and schedules own work and/or the work of others based on an understanding of broadly defined objectives and priorities; supervisor reviews work after its completion.
Instruction provided only in rare instances.

Independent Judgment:
Established procedures/policies govern many work situations.
Regular exercise of independent judgment or initiative.
Problems usually not solved by following established procedures.

Leadership Responsibility:
Often provides work guidance, instruction or orientation of others.
Distributing and monitoring work is a primary responsibility of my job.

Impact and Consequence of Error:
Work has some effect both outside the work unit and outside the University.
Errors are difficult to recognize and correct and can cause considerable harm or financial loss to individuals, departments, and the University, or to other individuals and groups.

Working Conditions:
Ongoing possibility of safety risks.
Regular conflicting demands, deadlines, emergencies, or time pressures.
Regular sustained concentration.
Some physical effort or dexterity.

Certification:
AALAS Laboratory Animal Technologist Certification preferred.

I guess it depends how you look at it. Full time reporters are calling all the acquaintances and proably calling everyone on all the facebook pages and probably calling their parents at their hometown numbers for sure. Then you have freelancers, which are growing part of reporting. Then you have bloggers who do crime blogs which are no different then newspapers, as you move down the line you get to forum participants, but there is no sharp dividing line between what is old reporting and citizen reporting any more.

I won't be calling, I already know someone with one of the local papers, and certainly people here ought to be considerate, but what makes you think a freelancer, or a person who is considering a documentary on campus killings, or someone who works for the supermarket tabloids who also print aliens stories have more business than a forum participant. new media is just that new media created by individuals
It's 2009 -- everbody's a journalist. Look at the two who are going into ACORN offices.

You're right. I guess I just didn't search far enough down on the page. And I assumed he was a YARC technician (which I shouldn't have - because the reported didn't specify). Ok - there is another name that has that exact violation and same birth year.
(cut from the judicial site of the page of the second person I found)

14-218a Traveling Unreasonably Fast Infraction Not Guilty Guilty $35.00$0.00

man oh man, there are some crabby and mean posts in here! chill out, everyone.
We're all here for Annie Le, right? Please calm down, have some patience with people on the forum and be nice, for heaven's sake.

Life is too short, why the mean-spirited posts? Lordy!

Whoa, people, chill...why you attacking each other? Disagree, but be nice about it.

Middletown link to Le mystery?

Updated: Tuesday, 15 Sep 2009, 2:52 PM EDT
Published : Tuesday, 15 Sep 2009, 2:51 PM EDT
Middletown (WTNH) - Police have focused in on a Middletown apartment complex in the homicide investigation of Annie Le, a Yale graduate student whose body was found Sunday inside the wall of a Yale building.

More at link:
http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/crime/news_wtnh_middletown_link_le_200909151450

Thanks Roy23! I was just trying to piece some info together - I didn't see any solid leads posted as of this morning so I thought I would take a stab at searching. I'm definitely not saying that's the perp - but hopefully I will get people searching to see if they can find anything. Heck - if someone else can find a list of tech's that aren't students and one that has the same age range and violation listed on the judicial website - I'm all ears! But it was the best I could do with the limited info I have.

You are welcome. I think Chilifries makes some good points as well. I personally think you have found the person that the article is referring to but I yield to Chili just in case it is a coincidence. I don't know how many 24 year old male Lab Tech with one speeding ticket would be at Yale. I would not imagine too many. But, I, did not go to an Ivy League school or stay at an Holiday Inn Express last night. :crazy:

Don't know how to put links in here, but an Associated Press article that came up with Google News says police are at a particular apartment, home of a "research technician."

As an aside, I hope this case will do some good by shining a light on the reprehensible past behavior of a certain Yale professor.

I think calling up with a legitimate news question and calling up then hanging up would be interpreted differently. Especially if there was still a killer on the loose.

Does anyone know if Annie had problems with any co-workers bothering her or harassing her? Anything bothering her lately?

Her facebook page is now deleted or hidden or something. I can't find it.
Sometimes when someone bugs a person at work or personally, they hint about it on facebook, if they are a social networker.

Just wondering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member