Motive For Murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this talk of the necklace and Jersey Girl's description of her scary experience on the escalator got me to thinking.

What if there was an argument that ended up in a gruesome accident as a result of her necklace getting caught in machinery? And the guy freaked out and stuffed her body into a wall?

They mentioned they found her blood on clothing that wasn't the same clothes she was last seen wearing, so I thought she might have been either convinced to wear it or she was put in it in an unconscious state. I figured maybe this was some hazing ritual gone bad, or a sorority prank gone bad, considering it was also pretty close to the beginning of the school year.

It wasn't until today I thought of something else more sinister, related to the occult. The date she disappeared was a day before an important date in terms of numerology for satanists - September 9, 2009, or 9-9-9. I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to such things, but I do know that the number 9 has significance for some occultists. If the time of death comes back, and they can accurately pinpoint it, and it's find out she died within 12 hours of her disappearance, or close to 9am-9min-9sec, if not at midnight on 9-9-9, then that will give more credence to my theory. I doubt she was alive more than a day if she was in the building that whole time. It would be hard to keep someone prisoner, unless they built secret rooms into that place.

The line of thinking is that the bloody clothes found in the ceiling belonged to the killer, NOT Le. In fact news sources have reported that one of the reasons Clark's name was given to the police was because an acquaintance of his noticed the clothes he was wearing late on Tuesday did not match the clothes he was wearing earlier. This has led some of us to conclude the bloody clothes are his and that he stashed them in the ceiling in an attempt to hide the evidence. Le's body was found wearing the same clothes she was last seen in.

Le was murdered Tuesday September 8th, not 9th.

Power must be given before another can assume it. The disorders you mention are simply symptoms of those that enjoy taking this power.

A rape victim does not GIVE her rapist "power." He RAPES it from her. Hence the name of the crime.

Regarding SmokingGun's posts: I don't mean this to in *any way* imply that she deserved what happened, or deserved to have anything at all happen to her. But I thought some of the outfits in her pictures were a bit much. I have no idea how she dressed when going in to the lab, but if she wore anything like what she wore in some of the pictures I saw, it would be unwise -- not because it would invite attack, but because it would undermine her professionalism/authority in the lab setting. I only say that because it may have colored the way RC saw her and may have amplified any resentment he had of grad students/post-docs.

That said, the clothes she's pictured in going into the building don't fall into the "inappropriate for the lab" category in my opinion.

All this talk of the necklace and Jersey Girl's description of her scary experience on the escalator got me to thinking.

What if there was an argument that ended up in a gruesome accident as a result of her necklace getting caught in machinery? And the guy freaked out and stuffed her body into a wall?

not so sure b/c they had to obtain a warrant to search & get dna. why would they need a warrant for his place of residence if he did nothing wrong. it just doesn't sit well with me for some reason. even if he ends up being innocent, i wonder of some sort of involvement with him either way. it's too weird.

Regarding SmokingGun's posts: I don't mean this to in *any way* imply that she deserved what happened, or deserved to have anything at all happen to her. But I thought some of the outfits in her pictures were a bit much. I have no idea how she dressed when going in to the lab, but if she wore anything like what she wore in some of the pictures I saw, it would be unwise -- not because it would invite attack, but because it would undermine her professionalism/authority in the lab setting. I only say that because it may have colored the way RC saw her and may have amplified any resentment he had of grad students/post-docs.

That said, the clothes she's pictured in going into the building don't fall into the "inappropriate for the lab" category in my opinion.

I agree. I didn't take SmokingGun's posts or yours in a "she had it coming" way, either. We're looking at facts.

I have some experience in chemistry and chemical engineering labs, and what you'd wear there is, IMO, possibly more conservative than you'd wear in a biology lab. I was always careful to keep nasty chemicals off my clothes, but one incident where a fellow student accidentally sprayed hydrochloric acid on my new designer jeans cured me of the habit of EVER wearing nice clothes to the lab. In a bio lab, maybe you could get away with wearing more fashionable and/or revealing clothes, but I'd never do it in a chem lab.

if it were an accident I highly doubt he would have shoved her in the ceiling and have scratches and bruises on his arms, back, chest, and ear (moo)

The line of thinking is that the bloody clothes found in the ceiling belonged to the killer, NOT Le. In fact news sources have reported that one of the reasons Clark's name was given to the police was because an acquaintance of his noticed the clothes he was wearing late on Tuesday did not match the clothes he was wearing earlier. This has led some of us to conclude the bloody clothes are his and that he stashed them in the ceiling in an attempt to hide the evidence. Le's body was found wearing the same clothes she was last seen in.

Le was murdered Tuesday September 8th, not 9th.

I didn't see the date of her murder listed in the article. Is that what the M.E. said?

I'm confused about your last line. The news said the bloody clothes were not the ones she was last wearing, but they don't mention that she was clothed. Why would they say that if she was wearing clothes? Did they say if there was blood on her clothes? Any theories on where the blood came from if she was asphyxiated?

Hi, new here..took a couple of days to get approved.

I am familiar with the medical center at Yale. I can resolve a lot of these misconceptions.

1. Normally, researchers don't give out their personal cell phone numbers to custodial mouse techs. RC's job was to manage the mice colonies. That's what they do. They don't participate in research at all. If he sent her a text about managing a colony, it was likely because his girlfriend might see the text message and they were trying to hide a relationship.

I would think the police have access to Le's phone records and possibly Clark's. I'm sure they've been poring over who has called or texted Le and would note whether Clark frequently contacted her through this method and whether his contact seemed to indicate more than a professional relationship. Last night CBS News specifically stated their sources told them there was "no romance" involved in the crime.

I immediately thought the text message detail was strange as well. But do we have to necessarily conclude Clark having Le's cell number is indicative of a deeper relationship? Le was getting married in five days. Reports say she was busy getting a lot of work done so she could afford to take time off for her honeymoon. We know Clark and Le had communicated directly through emails about mice protocol beforehand. Is it a reach to imagine she gave Clark her personal number not because they were involved personally, but professionally? In case any urgent research matters came up during those last few hectic days before she left Yale for an extended amount of time?

A good number of people in my cell address book are not my friends at all but simply those I work with and sometimes need to be in touch with quickly.

Early reports said she loved designer clothing. As an aficionado myself, I know it isn't your average lab tech clothing. Coming from a highly academic family I can tell you some in science find designer fashion to be revealing. I do remember someone saying in an article further back that you often hear the click of her heels, suggesting she often maybe wore her California style clothing? She could have stood out to him just from her "California"ness. I know one guy who goes nuts anytime you mention California. I made the mistake once of telling him to try a California roll and I got a lecture. I did see a lot of her Facebook pictures early on, and to me what she wore was standard Cali chic.

Well, it's been a while since grad school, but back in my day, techs/research assistants did have phone numbers for the grad students in case of problems. This was before cell phones and texting, but they emailed us whenever they were trying to reach us, if they couldn't get us on the phone. I don't think it's *that* weird that he would have her cell phone number. He was in charge of the mice she was using for her experiments. She would want to know if there was a problem.

On another note, I thought it was weird when I read (I think in the Yale Daily News) that someone said they used to see her wheeling her mice back and forth between Sterling and Amistad. I don't recall ever seeing anyone wheeling their mice around on the street around the med center.

Hi, brand new here, just got approved. Have no inside knowledge, but I have a student (not at Yale) who has some kind of connection with the case, so my interest in piqued.

Please say more if you can, Smoking Gun! I'm interested.

Smokingun since the police seem to be running thier mouths is ther any chance of getting RC date of birth out of them. Our Astrologist need it..

Haha. I'm sure every cop knows the specific detail of his birthday..and his ss# too...unlikely. I'll ask around.

Smokingguns post is relevant. No matter how one likes to believe their dress or manners are not how they are to be perceived, this belief is sorely mistaken. SG is not saying she deserved it, but that 'suggestive behavior' could have triggered it. There is nothing wrong with looking at all angles to see any potential motivations of this horrid crime.

According to statistics, most murders are the result of deviance - that is, putting oneself in social positions that increase the probability of occurrence (cheating, for example). Everything should be open to debate until a case is closed. It's how detectives solve crimes.

Well, it's been a while since grad school, but back in my day, techs/research assistants did have phone numbers for the grad students in case of problems. This was before cell phones and texting, but they emailed us whenever they were trying to reach us, if they couldn't get us on the phone. I don't think it's *that* weird that he would have her cell phone number. He was in charge of the mice she was using for her experiments. She would want to know if there was a problem.

On another note, I thought it was weird when I read (I think in the Yale Daily News) that someone said they used to see her wheeling her mice back and forth between Sterling and Amistad. I don't recall ever seeing anyone wheeling their mice around on the street around the med center.

I work there..there is no wheeling of mice. Typically they use the tunnel system but the Amistad is a new building and I'm not sure if its connected to the tunnel system. I have never, ever, ever, seen mice outside. Ever.

I didn't see the date of her murder listed in the article. Is that what the M.E. said?

I'm confused about your last line. The news said the bloody clothes were not the ones she was last wearing, but they don't mention that she was clothed. Why would they say that if she was wearing clothes? Did they say if there was blood on her clothes? Any theories on where the blood came from if she was asphyxiated?

You are right in that neither the ME nor any law enforcement have stated her exact date of death. That means September 9th, while not necessarily the "wrong" date, is not necessarily the "right" date either. Most of us believe she was killed the same day she was last seen-- and that is the 8th. Again, reports have said that one reason Clark was turned in to police was because an acquaintance noticed he was wearing different clothing than he was last seen in, indicating an unusual change of clothing within that same day. I believe that day is the 8th.

The news is saying the bloody clothes are not Le's. Presumably they are the suspect's. The news is saying that Le's body was found wearing the exact same clothes she was last seen in.

The news is also saying that Clark had scratches and bruises all over his upper body. The blood on the clothes might not be Le's. It might be his. The blood on the clothes found in the ceiling might be his own blood, and those clothes might be his own clothes.

I do not understand why a lot of people are upset by what smoking gun has said.None of us know if she had a fling with him RC.If someone from the area knows info on this it will come out.Some times even people who seems angelic have another side ,that does not mean they should be murdered it just means she was living her life.I for one am glad for any info coming from those that might know more then I have read.

I work there..there is no wheeling of mice. Typically they use the tunnel system but the Amistad is a new building and I'm not sure if its connected to the tunnel system. I have never, ever, ever, seen mice outside. Ever.

This is from the New York Times: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/15/nyregion/15yale.html

Dennis Jones, a graduate student in immunology, said he often saw her at lunchtime, walking along the block between her office and the lab building where she was apparently killed. Many times, he said, she was pushing a cart with the mice she used for experiments. He said it took three levels of security to get into the basement of the lab building, including two swipes of a security card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lola21