FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi WillenFan, HLN cant, they are too busy showing Nancy and her two day old news.Nancy, you are slipping :banghead:

While this could happen anywhere and does happen in many states, what is it about Florida?
I do not understand. Does this state, in particular, attract child molesters and killers?

This just breaks my heart. I pray for this precious child and her family.

I remember during the Eileen Wuornos trial & all the shady characters surrounding that pooped out & were in the media & it was asked ,in general,why is Florida the place for fugitives & criminals ?
It turns out theres a 'theory' that because Florida(in a sense)is the last place on the map in America(I guess how it sticks so far out at the bottom of the country) it attracts those trying to "run away" from the rest of the country & start over or hide out.
I know where I live in Florida the "have & have nots" line isnt so clear because of the beautiful weather & palm trees you cant see it as much as you can like in South Philly/Jersey(where Im originally from) so it APPEARS like everybody is living in paradise (even if thats NOT the case).I think the weather gives a sense of false hope & that can be very alluring especially if you are troubled............

:furious:I know we keep saying something must be done,but SOMETHING MUST BE DONE!!! If we could only band together,not just websleuths but every decent person. Get petitions do anything to stop this murder of beautiful children MY GOD i cry!! Someone with knowledge please help our children!! I want to see anyone who kills a child die for it.ACLU ~ go to he** we have rights too.I am beginning to think we need vigilanty groups to go after them.No more beautiful kids having a nanny steal them, beating them to death drowning them they die YOU DIE:furious:We have Mollycoddled enough.America, be ashamed.

We discussed this in the earlier thread to some degree...I for one am outraged and I want to be a part of anything, any group, any organization that will make this stop. Not_my_kids suggested starting a thread for the purpose of strategizing as to exactly what we can do to make this stop. Mods, is it possible to have a thread to discuss this issue and what we as a group can do to put an end to the senseless abduction and murder of our children?
It was suggested earlier by not_my_kids that we could talk to the mods about stating such a thread. The follwing is from not_my_kids earlier post
originally posted by not_my_kids and slightly edited my me
We need a thread...Not about finding them once their gone, not about GPS for after they are lost, but about the proactive strategies that can be enacted to keep them from disappearing in the first place. National registries that actually work, pushing for registration of child murderers, writing to politicians, speaking out on YouTube.
With the talent and intellect on this site, if everyone gave 5 minutes a day, we could find the strategies and resources to drastically lower the numbers. But we need dedication, and we need to bring this into the light. Off of prime time cable news and into people's living rooms. Constant reminders that it could be anyone's child are the only way to get everyone on the same page about the hell this country inflicts on it's youngest and most vulnerable.

Mods?

If this was a hurried situation and Somer had to be disposed of quickly nearby would there be identifying information maybe mail of the perp?

Is there any definite on the last place she was alive?
I thought it was the corner of Debarry and Gano, but I have seen a couple different things now.

One simple thing that parents could do is check the SO database for these creeps in your neighborhood. If your child has to walk past a house of a SO....then change the route, arrange for transportation,.....SOMETHING! Kids shouldn't be expected to or required to protect themselves from a SO!!

This is true. But we had one arrested just a couple of blocks away a few months ago that was a HUGE predator, but had no record and, therefore, was not registered. He was an old man by the time they got him and had been presenting himself as some kind of "prophet" all wrapped up in a bogus church run out of his house. I'm very happy to report that he died in jail before his case even got close to trial!

Jeez. The Florida Courts require you to purchase a copy of the records of sex offenders to see the charges and judgment?

Even in our tiny state, charges and judgments are a few free mouse clicks away.

I'm in Fl and I have never had to pay to see SO records. I just went to my county website, had instant access, even signed up for email updates if any changes within five miles. could have chosen 1,5,10 or even 20 miles. All free.

I was kinda shocked at the 5 yo riding her bike 3 blocks from home, kinda far for a 5yo in my opinion, but Amster is right. Know who the heck is around you. Not blaming anyone and like I said, I couldn't imagine how the mom feels. Question though...why did they walk? Why didn't bf pick them up???

snipped by me

I understand your main point~not here to argue with you on that, however I just wanted to point out that the things that were brought out on this website were things that are ALREADY in the public eye. Anything that is posted online or in a public record is fair game. Maybe no we don't expect that it would be scrutinized by a stranger- but if you put information out there, I think it is fair game...

And I am not here to argue either. I understand about info already being public. What bothered me was I felt things that were really not important were made to sound as if they were. Example, specualation that his practice or beliefs in alternative medicine must mean he is only in it because it gives him easy access to children. Or people implying it was not normal for a single mom to live with a male room mate as just roomies. I still am not clear if they are "together" or not but I don't find it odd they could be just roomies. In college I had 2 female & one male roomie & we were just roomies.
I do agree way to often it is someone known to the family & very often it is the boyfriend but there just was nothing to indicate that in THIS case. I have no problems with putting info out, shouting it from the roof top when it is already public record. I do have a problem with taking things that mean nothing & trying to make them into something. Some of us will just agree to dis agree.

Hi everyone. I'm just now getting home. It was a long, hard, physically and emotionally draining day. I'm not up to sharing much now, but I'll post later.

Is there any definite on the last place she was alive?
I thought it was the corner of Debarry and Gano, but I have seen a couple different things now.

The last I saw (which may not be the latest - trying to keep up with my own kids tonight), a dog tracked her scent to the intersection of Debarry and Gano but then lost it. They weren't sure if it was her scent from another day or Monday. Sorry if that's not the info you were looking for!

Jeez. The Florida Courts require you to purchase a copy of the records of sex offenders to see the charges and judgment?

Even in our tiny state, charges and judgments are a few free mouse clicks away.

Report that site. I am pretty sure it is a violation of federal law to charge for info relating to the Megan's Law, including registries.

Hi WillenFan, HLN cant, they are too busy showing Nancy and her two day old news.Nancy, you are slipping :banghead:

NG is always a day late and a dollar short........

I've been watching her since her days on Court TV....and she has gotten progressively out of touch. It always amazes, still, that WS is always miles ahead of her on info.

Hi everyone. I'm just now getting home. It was a long, hard, physically and emotionally draining day. I'm not up to sharing much now, but I'll post later.

Rough day for a lot of us. Hope everything is okay with you and yours!! :blowkiss:

NG is always a day late and a dollar short........

I've been watching her since her days on Court TV....and she has gotten progressively out of touch. It always amazes, still, that WS is always miles ahead of her on info.

I agree!!! I was so busy tonight with my kids and I looked forward to sitting down and getting any clips or info on NG but then I turned it on and it was about Balloon Boy. Seriously????

First, my thoughts and prayers are with mom, dad and her siblings. How very awful for all of them. Second, I am not so sure about this sex offender. It says his victim was 12-15 years old and it rarely the norm for a sex offender to go from a pre-teen victim to a small child of 7 years old. They tend to offend within a certain age range. I have, in the past, worked with registered and non-registered sex offenders.

I do, however, find it odd that this boyfriend didn't go with the children to help find her, and that he waited an 1 hour to call the police. I would be knocking on everyone's door, getting anyone and everyone out there to try and find my missing child. 7-year old little girl... come on... something is fishy there! JMO

I pray for justice at this point and I have also noticed that Florida seems to have way too many murdered children. All child sex offenders should be tracked with GPS and/or a chip for the rest of their lives. Typically, a sex offender just released from prison has the highest incident of re-offending within the 1st year and then again within the 10-15 year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCPstudy