FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, yes... Susan Moss, the rhyming lady. I hate those silly rhymes... and I think it is in VERY poor taste to try to be humorous about a dead or missing child.

I do too!!! Esp since she is a child advocate/attorney

No offense to anyone who uses it, but KWIM bugs me so much, LOL! I can't read it as 'know what I mean' but as "KWIM." Like "SWIM." If I could ban an acronym from the planet, it'd be that one.

On topic? I'll be really curious to see what this profile says, but won't it trend SO by default? I mean, horses, not zebras, all that. A female child disappears during an apparent stranger abduction. You don't have to be a behavioral science expert to nail that one. I'm not sure it'll be that helpful if they're not exploring other scenarios. Which maybe they are, but the focus certainly seems to be on SOs because that's the most logical given what we were told.

but there are teens right next door where that camper is........I saw them.....and they were outside while the elementary school let out and kids were walking home....
Does someone live in the camper?Who lives there?

In the video where the mom talks about somebody not getting any, it ends very odd: when the interviewer asks if it makes her angry that there are so many RSO's in the area and how she'll be more vigilant with the other kids, etc, etc, the mom's response is something along the lines of not wanting to step on anyone's basic rights or liberties?!? It was then cut off. Anyone else see that? I need to watch it again b/c now I can't recall the exact words. Very odd that when asked about RSO's someone would start out that way.

And agree that someone being desperate b/c they're "not getting any" is way different than molesting a child. People don't molest children because they aren't "getting any". I wonder if she really believes that?

Well if I had young children I would sit them down right next to me and take them through all the photos of RSO's that are living in my area.... every single one of them. NOT that a child would remember them, but something may stick in their head since they are like little sponges...kwim?
At any rate I would show them that looks are very deceiving... at least a starting point.

I'm so glad I do not have young children, I would serisouly be out of mind and in a rubber room. I couldn't take the stress.

I ALWAYS did that with my now 16 year old!

strangers aren't old men with dirty beards as we used to think, today they are the ones that teach our kids in school, pass out ice cream from those annoying ice cream trucks, babysit our kids, even those that serve and protect lots of times should be given a second look. todays molesters are like updated computers, they work better and look newer then ever... kids aren't getting the picture on stranger dangers, some parents don't get it either.

Sex offenders are rarely the boogie man that would scare you on at first sight. Not in the past, not today, not in the future.

Their access to their victims is entirely based on their ability to put people at ease, to blend, to be trusted, to be believed, to not be challenged. They are gentle, soft spoken, helpful, and nonthreatening. If they weren't children wouldn't leave with them, would not trust them through the grooming process, mothers wouldn't leave their children with them.

The wild eyed lunatics that grab screaming children off the street have short careers by virtue of being noticeable. The RSO offenders don't concern me nearly as much as the ones that go unnoticed, that have roles in society that make their victims question coming forward, the ones that have legal representation that prevents them from becoming RSO's, and the ones that know how to manipulate those around them

All of us here are in serious speculation mode. LE has been tight lipped and I'm afraid we're just going to have to wait until tommorrow.

These crimes are nothing new to humanity, researching UID's you find there are a lot of kids out there who have been murdered by predators and parents.

We had a series of sexual assaults on girls between the ages of 7- 14 last summer. The perp was never caught. He attacked young girls in broad daylight, in highly trafficked parks here. He was sucessful in gaining control and raping a 7yr old and her 12 yr old sister- in a park very close to my home.
Every girl he attacked it was in the afternoon (school was out) and there were other people in the parks at the time (very high risk). The series seemed to end in the late summer- and as i said, he has never been caught, and they have no suspects.

Until LE opens up a little, I think it will be difficult to draw any useful conclusions. Until tommorrow...:angel: remember Somer and all the other angels flying high.

ITA and LE has been stressing they are looking at all SO in a 5 mile radius.

I think this was 161 SOs ... of course not all are sexual predators and not all were sexual predators with victims under 12 years old.

OT (sort of)
If anyone remembers seeing a male, expert of some kind, possibly on JVM or NG, talking about sexual offenders not normally moving outside the age range of their victims, let me know.

He said you wouldn't normally see someone rape a 20-something year old woman and then rape a 6 year old (paraphrased). This would have been last week sometime.

I was in and out of the room and only caught what he said at the end of him saying it.

No offense to anyone who uses it, but KWIM bugs me so much, LOL! I can't read it as 'know what I mean' but as "KWIM." Like "SWIM." If I could ban an acronym from the planet, it'd be that one.

On topic? I'll be really curious to see what this profile says, but won't it trend SO by default? I mean, horses, not zebras, all that. A female child disappears during an apparent stranger abduction. You don't have to be a behavioral science expert to nail that one. I'm not sure it'll be that helpful if they're not exploring other scenarios. Which maybe they are, but the focus certainly seems to be on SOs because that's the most logical given what we were told.

BBM - if autopsy showed sexual abuse

Why does everyone keep saying that if they have done this before, their DNA will be onfile.
CODIS submission is not made mandatory by any state, to the best of my knowledge. Please feel free to correct me, but to the my mind it is on the investigators and labs to get this stuff entered. It's encouraged, but no one gets fired for not doing it.

And then there are the problems with CODIS, the problem with state databases. A recent audit of WI DNA bank, showed 12,000 fewer samples than they should have.
Just because the killer may have done this before does not mean his DNA is on file.

there is DNA collection from the crime scene and DNA collection from a felon - this goes state by state and budget by budget. mho

LE has pretty sneaky ways of investigating and with this creep watching I really think LE would put out the wrong information while watching the perp. Get him/her real comfy and then shazoom....!

that is what i think is happening...just a hunch!

Yes... it was reported early on right around the time Somer was found.
It is on one of the news reports and way back on early threads. I thought it was strange, until last night when we sleuthed that issue, and found out previous marriages:
Lamb
Cardinal
Thompson

So-- that is where that came from. I would be digging forever for that link and since we don't have a forum with separate threads -- well I will say my opinion and news report, I just don't want to spend hours of my time tonight after having a crappy day to look for that link.

:)

If you would like me to delete my posts I will... no problem.

You've at least given me a place to start. That's all I ask for! If you think of anything that narrows down the video, let me know.

ETA: Guess that's not all I'm going to ask for. Did the report indicate whether he lived with his father (thought he lived out of country) or did it not say?

According to Samuel Thompson, all the kids lived with their mother. I'll find that link since I just posted it.

Thompson said he intends to come to Florida and wants to take Somer’s twin brother and two of his other children who’ve been living with their mother back to his home in North Carolina, where he thinks they’ll be safe.

http://jacksonville.com/news/georgi...rthmark_on_body_found_in_landfill_matches_dau

Wait a minute. Something happened here, I'm usually the one that thinks unicorns, not horses, and everyone tells me my theories are too out there.
On this one, I am hearing an ordinary, everyday sicko pedophile horse and every one else is going after zebras.
This is officially the most confusing case in a while.

Sorry if I missed your posts!! I guess what is still YANKING at me - is how would a birthmark still be visable on a body after all those days in the garbage??? What about decomposition?????

Guess what, my question was just answered on Nancy - there is a shock. Person said the first 48 hours of decompostion is internally. LOL - course it wasn't Nancy herself who answered that.

Bodies have been found who were dead a week or more and still recognizable, believe it or not.
As for NG saying that the perp tried to dispose of her body in a landfill, trash from dumpsters does eventually end up in a landfill, so that is partially correct. Don't know about FL, but around here, not just anyone can get into a landfill... they are not accessible to someone who doesn't have authorization to enter. They are fenced in, with a locked gate.

In the video where the mom talks about somebody not getting any, it ends very odd: when the interviewer asks if it makes her angry that there are so many RSO's in the area and how she'll be more vigilant with the other kids, etc, etc, the mom's response is something along the lines of not wanting to step on anyone's basic rights or liberties?!? It was then cut off. Anyone else see that? I need to watch it again b/c now I can't recall the exact words. Very odd that when asked about RSO's someone would start out that way.

And agree that someone being desperate b/c they're "not getting any" is way different than molesting a child. People don't molest children because they aren't "getting any". I wonder if she really believes that?

Didn't Neveah's mother respond in a similar way when asked about trusting sex offenders and that it wasn't her place to judge, people make mistakes, blah blah blah.... Haylee Donovan's mother comes to mind as well.

it was a creepy statement...her whole demeanor in that interview was just weird!

Anyone else notice the big swallow when she is told they have interviewed all the sex offenders in the area?

Well if I had young children I would sit them down right next to me and take them through all the photos of RSO's that are living in my area.... every single one of them. NOT that a child would remember them, but something may stick in their head since they are like little sponges...kwim?
At any rate I would show them that looks are very deceiving... at least a starting point.

I'm so glad I do not have young children, I would serisouly be out of mind and in a rubber room. I couldn't take the stress.

I may live to regret saying this one day, but odviously we live in a jacked up world, if you take the correct precautions with your children, (i.e. not letting them walk over a mile home from school alone) you really can help protect them. I may not have the expereince to justify my statement (15 month old daughter) but I would be damned sure my child had a bus or local mother to get my child home from school if it was that far away. While I am on my soap box let me also say that this is another one of the reasons I hate divorce. In no way am I saying that if the parents were still together that Somer would be alive, but if both parents were invloved then possibly they could have found a way to drive the children to and from school. I know that as parents we should not have to worry about our children walking home from school, but this is the frustrating world we all live in.:furious:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ceishen637