FL - Somer Thompson, 7, Orange Park, 19 Oct 2009 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
IF LE shared with Somer's mom that there was DNA evidence of a sexual attack then she knows it's a male.

I do think that DT thinks the perp is a male with sex problems........she lashes out on the 1 video....something like 'you aren't getting any lately'........not exact words but you get my drift??

What a strange think to say or think of saying. So many child molesters and killers have been married and their wives didn't even suspect a thing. Why would not getting an adult relationship have to do with attacking a child anyway. Strange.

Since this was directly pointed at me from the beginning. I am going to RESTATE that I was only trying to decipher what BSU was telling us to look for and the most obvious in REFERENCE to geography and the police reports. Which is the ONLY reason why I brought big brother up. He was NEVER on my radar. And if ANYONE noticed, I had ???????????? behind my hunch as to not make it a statement.

The posters who have been posting here non-stop would know that no person is being cruel or has any ill will. All topics are not always popular and I think everyone has been more than diplomatic in their posting. I know it makes me uncomfortable to even discuss if the family has any knowledge of this crime. Honestly. But I am here to sleuth and look at all angles.

And if you must know - I think the Ramsays are innocent!!!

Opinions are like avatars & screen names - we all have one. And we are all given the opportunity to post our opinions. In this day & age, anything is possible...kids killing kids, mothers & fathers killing their children, children killing their mothers & fathers, fathers killing mothers....I'm sure you understand my point. Anything is possible.....anything.

I'm sorry NCS - I didn't mean to quote you - I was responding to the one you responded to..sorry

Just to mention again, that Somer's Dad was on HLN and I thought he did a nice job. He supported his ex-wife (almost ex), and thanked the police. He seemed confident that justice will be served. After all the tension the last few days - he seemed to put all that to rest. He acted like a Dad that Somer would be proud of. I hope that he came off that way to others, too. We need some good stuff in this tragic story.

All RSOs have their DNA databased, right? Assuming they were able to pull unknown DNA from Somer's body, those tests were probably expedited and due imminently. It'd be good timing for an arrest tomorrow. That'd be nice.

Assuming the announcement tomorrow is the addition of a profiler to the LE team, I wonder if that means that all known RSOs in the area have been cleared and they're now looking for a SO perhaps that is an absconder or perhaps has never even been in the database. The comments that this is someone coming out of retirement fits with a scenario like the former--that they've exhausted all RSO leads and are actually looking for someone new to the area.

I don't think the kids are involved here, but I still can't get over the fact that DT sent a potentially sick Somer to soldier through school while she entertained a guest for lunch and then let him watch the kids for the first time, and THAT's the day Somer vanishes. From what we know, it seems like such a departure from the normal schedule, it's a long commute from work, and if she was just going to come home in three hours, why wouldn't she let Somer stay home? As a parent, it seems odd to me. It's one thing to not have childcare and be pushing yourself through a 10 hour work day. But she came home a few hours later and then left SP in their house for the afternoon.

I just think it's strange. Did she think Somer was just malingering? Did she do this a lot? Or did she really need Somer to be gone that day because SP was coming over?

Very well thought out post and very well written momofboys...!!
I can totally follow this and yes-yes-yes... why all of this on the same day?

I'm still not ruling out why the 13yr old was right where Somer was last seen. I'm working on that one.

Sometimes the media will put the camera and mike right up to the first person they see.
Also they knock on doors.........anything to get more news on the air fast..........

Just to mention again, that Somer's Dad was on HLN and I thought he did a nice job. He supported his ex-wife (almost ex), and thanked the police. He seemed confident that justice will be served. After all the tension the last few days - he seemed to put all that to rest. He acted like a Dad that Somer would be proud of. I hope that he came off that way to others, too. We need some good stuff in this tragic story.
Thank you for the report--I have no television access in my office so I miss everything that has to do with TV.

:)

IF LE shared with Somer's mom that there was DNA evidence of a sexual attack then she knows it's a male.

Yes, but that doesn't mean that a woman wasn't involved also ...
think of the other stories lately in the news. Its all pretty ugly!

Opinions are like avatars & screen names - we all have one. And we are all given the opportunity to post our opinions. In this day & age, anything is possible...kids killing kids, mothers & fathers killing their children, children killing their mothers & fathers, fathers killing mothers....I'm sure you understand my point. Anything is possible.....anything.

I'm sorry NCS - I didn't mean to quote you - I was responding to the one you responded to..sorry

Oh, and we can't forget female Sunday school teachers
JMO

Believe the teen that lives next door to 1080 was quoted in one of the news articles. Not that it means anything.....just my time here on WS has made me take extra interest in those that put themselves in the public eye during such a case. And, Lord knows, I have no idea which article......so no link at this time.
What do you know about this teen guy that lived near there?

Ok, lets 1st remind ourselves that BSU is a newbee, he/she has the right to give or state opinions just like the rest of us. At no time should we hold him/her more accountable then anyone else.What he/she is saying is their opinion only. On another note, this "wardrobe" thing is really bugging me. This may be how she dresses. Who are we to say what is appropriate or not. I think we need to look deeper then an outfit. I will say that it seems alittle hard to grasp anyone who was walking with or at home waiting for these kids to have something to do with this. They had no idea that she was going to run ahead of the others. There had to be someone who took advantage of the situation. Again IMO

I'm not sure if you are referring to this, but mom makes that almost exact statement in this newsclip at about 3:30.

http://www.news4jax.com/video/21402291/index.html

a monster in a case like this can be either sex, not just male, lets not forget what susan smith did to her two small kids. still straped in a car seat and she let that car roll into the lake as she stood there and watched it disappear in the water. thats a monster.. then she tried to act as a grieving mother, her fake emotions put the noose around her neck.

Knowing that DT is outspoken, I'm curious if LE would share information they don't want released to the public, for fear something might slip out? MOO

:banghead:
This case makes me want to do this. The table will have to do.

What a strange think to say or think of saying. So many child molesters and killers have been married and their wives didn't even suspect a thing. Why would not getting an adult relationship have to do with attacking a child anyway. Strange.

Well, I will openly admit when I watched that and heard her say that for the first time, it was rather jaw dropping for me, and I made the comment on the board here that I really couldn't as a Mother say that in front of children. kwim? I say that because how many children could have watched or heard that? Some parents are using this case as a tool for teaching about Stranger Danger. kwim?

I'm curious as to why the 13yr old is NOT living with Mom in the first place. AND would like to know exactly where he is living...!! Doesn't seem to me he ever walked to / from school with Somer, therefore was never in a position to protect her in the first place.

right?

My understanding is all of the kids have always lived with the mom, is that incorrect?

Another thing I'm curious about, is whether or not Somer was physically sick as why she didn't want to go to school, or if this altercation between her and another student was something that had been brewing from the previous school week? There's probably no connection to her death, but it's just so many coincidences all in one day that make me wonder. MOO

strangers aren't old men with dirty beards as we used to think, today they are the ones that teach our kids in school, pass out ice cream from those annoying ice cream trucks, babysit our kids, even those that serve and protect lots of times should be given a second look. todays molesters are like updated computers, they work better and look newer then ever... kids aren't getting the picture on stranger dangers, some parents don't get it either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member